Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can weed make you sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mcasprin, Oct 1, 2011.

1. #21 TheKurupted, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    You're right that we are not absolutely certain that tobacco causes cancer.
    However, tobacco is linked to cancer via several dozen cancer-causing chemicals found within the substance, and so this provides a basis for us to say that tobacco likely causes cancer.
    But not everyone who smokes tobacco contracts cancer, and there are plenty of people out there who believe that tobacco does not cause cancer.

What I was saying was that we can't conclusively (100%) link weed to sickness because, like tobacco smokers, each individual weed smoker is just that, a separate entity, and thus have different parameters for which we would need to test.
    Thus it would be impossible to link weed to sickness because we can't test every individual case that exists.

People are free to believe whatever they want, and if in the future you feel that the research done is conclusive enough to link weed with sickness then you are of course entitled to that.
    As a race we have yet to even understand the fundamental basis of our existence so I just think it's foolish to think that we can know what does and doesn't cause sickness.

So just hit bong

2. Maybe if it's mids, I've been sick for a couple months and I think it might have something to do with it. Although when I'm high I don't feel all that sick but it's just a couple stomach aches

3. Ive made 2 high people throw up once, wasnt funny cuz i had to help clean. ugghh barf on my hand.
    and another time this guy we were with threw up cuz he said he didnt feel good while high.
    and i dont think any of em wouldve been sick if it wernt for them being high. but then again thats a whole different situation cuz you most likely wernt still high

4. It depends what it does to you, if you freak out and get stressed and don't eat then yeah it's going to affect your ability to stay healthy. But personally, it makes me relaxed and hungry, which is great when you're sick.

Weed itself won't cause your illness unless your sick dealer coughed on it. The effects it causes might cause your immune system to weaken indirectly due to stress or malnourishment, but even then when you're sober you should feel better. You could say breaking up with your girlfriend "caused" you to get sick, but it was really that you didn't eat all day. (Weed helps with that too ;))

Lol not that kind of sick, but I could see it if they kept on coughing and hacking

5. i would say try to smoke a lil more when your sick keeps ya from puking and shitting all over your self, some have said it helps to break a fever also but i can't be 100% positive it works