Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

rubbing alcohol/resin

• Please log in to reply

nicolerrico

nicolerrico

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts
just let me get this straight, i want to make sure this is okay.

if i want to clean my bowl, i can use rubbing alcohol, and then drain the rubbing alcohol into a coffee strainer, and dry it out and i can smoke that resin?? it wont make me sick or anything?? if so, i know i can get a LOT more resin out of the bowl!

pinacolaaadas

pinacolaaadas

Be Like Mike

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,249 posts
I wouldn't be comfortable with the fact that I'm smoking resin which was doused in iso, which quite possibly didn't evaporate completely.

Skyed

Skyed

mmmm

• Registered Upgraded
  • 812 posts
If you let the alcohol evaporate. I'm not sure how, but someone else on here should give the right answer.

Laith

Laith

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,621 posts
If the alcohol evaporates, yes. But it can be very dangerous if it has not when you ignite the lighter!

nicolerrico

nicolerrico

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts
how long ya think it will take to evaporate??

twilly123

twilly123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 848 posts
just let it evaporate, i wont make you sick. heres a question tho, if iso is meant to be put in open cuts (which will easilly bring it right into your bloodstream), how is it bad to inhale?

poker2

poker2

• Registered Upgraded
  • 588 posts

how long ya think it will take to evaporate??

Heat your bowl and scrap out the resin.
Clean your bowl.
Enjoy Resin.

Why would you even bother risking it?
:smoke:

godisintheoven

godisintheoven

• Registered Upgraded
  • 116 posts
^I do the exact same.

falcon10911

falcon10911

Growing future

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,688 posts
91 - 99 percent iso only, and leave a fan on for hours after on it's lowest setting going over the top.

No smoking, don't drink it, and be patient.

Jazzyj

Jazzyj

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,182 posts

just let it evaporate, i wont make you sick. heres a question tho, if iso is meant to be put in open cuts (which will easilly bring it right into your bloodstream), how is it bad to inhale?

Iso evaporates relatively quickly, but to be safe I would probably let it sit out overnight, with a fan pointed in the general direction to keep air flowing.

Sexy Goat

Sexy Goat

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
That's so fucking gross.

Only use Iso if you just want to plain old clean it and get rid of all the resin.

Get a paper clip, clean it, and smoke the rez.

4pawsbmj8

4pawsbmj8

• Registered Upgraded
  • 746 posts
i say smoke the resin raw. just fish it out with a bobby pin. if you want a clean pipe then us alcohol and salt then rinse it the hold flame to the mouth piece. a flame may cannon out but your fine

nicolerrico

nicolerrico

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts
im VERY VERY bad at scraping resin.. usually i dont get much and ive broke quite a few peices by trying this.. i usually just use alcohol and watch all my resin go down the drain... so if theres any way i can save my resin so i can smoke it.. would be amazing. i HATE watching all my resin go down the drain!

Bud Upinsmoke

Bud Upinsmoke

...what was I doin again?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 499 posts
Or you can gently boil your piece in water and pour the water through a coffee filter ... same outcome and you don't have to buy/waste rubbing alcohol.

ignila

ignila

Coffee Addict

• Registered Upgraded
  • 831 posts
Let it sit overnight and make sure there aren't any big globs that wont evaporate fully on the filter.

The danger in not letting it evaporate is that its flammable, but inhaling small amounts of iso wont make you sick, infact, its sometimes used in hospitals to wake people who have been put under and are taking to long to come out of it (like smelling salts do).

Its uncomfortable when you do it and it makes you cough (like when you inhale the ethanol vapor out of a shotglass with a straw at the bar *if people even do that anymore*) but it wont poison you unless youre huffing it out of a soaked rag

TheBlackCops

TheBlackCops

• Registered Upgraded
  • 627 posts
Just clean it out.
Thank your piece for leaving that resin out of your lungs.

Secretkush

Secretkush

• Registered Upgraded
  • 489 posts
It's safe. Drain it through the strainer then spread it out on something flat to let it dry faster/better.

HelpDesk

HelpDesk

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,410 posts
Iso shouldn't take more than like 8- 12 hours to completely evaporate.

Bakedmagiii

Bakedmagiii

Corpseblender.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,330 posts
NO.
You do that with keif or something of high quality, and make a sort of hash out of it.

Doing that with resin would just get you a nasty, stinky mess. Which could be VERY dangerous if ingested.

HelpDesk

HelpDesk

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,410 posts
^he's lying. You'll be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users