cannabis chinensis?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by ninja scrub, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Anyone here have any information on it?
    From what i've read it's a subspecies of cannabis, that has a tendency to grow buds in the center of the fan leafs (where all the blades meet) and down the stem of the fan leaf but i cant really find anymore information than that.
    Also, does anyone know where i could get ahold of some seeds with C. Chinensis genetics?

2. Its my understanding, and i could be wrong since i haven't done a whole lot of study in this area, but here is how i have it understood in my brain..anyone that knows better please correct me.

Originally every species of cannabis was labeled as C. sativa named so by Carolus Linnaeus. Everything from hemp to indicas.

Then Jean-Baptiste de Lamarck came along and named c. indica.

Later more species were suggested but never really caught on or weren't necessarily accepted. such as c. chinensis, which would have separately classified plants from indo-china.

so there are some that classify the species as such.

I have also heard that what people call c. sativa, is in fact not sativa at all. if i understand their thought process c. sativa is the classification for hemp type species.

what we consider c. sativa according to some is actually c. indica and what we consider indica is actually c. afghanica. Then you have c. chinensis refering to indo-china strains.

but i think with this classification set it goes something like

c. sativa var. sativa
    c. sativa var. indica
    c. sativa var. afghanica
    c. sativa var. chinensis
    c. sative var runderalis

etc.

I hope that makes sense. I am not sure if that is 100% correct but it is how i understand it in my limited knowledge of the classifications.

If i am wrong please someone correct me.

3. DNA testing has shown our species organization may be off..

Hops is cannabis's closest relative right? .. nope .. DNA has shown it to be strawberries

as per buds growing on leaves I have seen it in NL, SS, JH, and Romulan.. which leads me to believe it is just another genetic mutation like triploids.

4. Thats pretty awesome, where did you get that information from? (not doubting it, just curious)

Thanks for the info bro, definitely made sense

5. The "bud in the middle of a leaf" gene is sometimes found in Thai-descended strains.

6. My old-timer grow bro gave me some seeds from 'back in the day'. They got buds in the middle of the leaf and in the crotch of all the stems, it was really neat looking

7. Thanks for the info granny

8. Yea seems to be a sort of indo-china mutation. I have not heard of any strains where this is a true breeding trait. But then again i have not done alot of work with indo-chia genetics either.

9. I have a blueberry x OG that grows buds on the leaf cluster too.

10. PBS NOVA

The First Flower

written overview ( second to last paragraph pertains to cannabis)

I need to watch it again. as after reading the overview it may not be the closest relative...but it sure sounds close

peace

11. I just watched the trailer thingah, looked pretty interesting. Definitely gonna try to find the full documentary on the interwebz.

12. My LA Woman grows buds on the middle of the fan leaves.... It only happens when its very healthy.

[​IMG]

13. Noice
    She's lookin pretty frosty too

14. Oh yeah... This isnt my most frosty strain, but she's definitely one of my favorites.

15. Here's another leaf shot.....

[​IMG]

And a head shot....

[​IMG]

Martian Mean Green crossed with LA Confidential. DNA strain.

16. Looks like i'll be buyin' from DNA this year :hello:

Edit: Are the leafs actually as dark as they appear in the pics?

17. Yeah....maybe a little bit lighter, but not much... Every one talks about going light on nutrients, but I like to go heavy. I push them to the point where the very tips of the fan leaves start to burn, then I lay off a little and thats where I stay till the last 1-2 weeks. Then its just pure water, to try and get most of that chlorophyll out of the leaves. Peoples eyes light up when they see how big my buds get, so going heavy on nutes cant be too bad of a thing.

18. that looks beautiful. There must be more THC in that leaf. Did all those seeds turn out that way or just an isolated number from the same strain?

19. Here is a cool pic I found on another forum

Attached Files:

20. this is some super cool info man thx guys