Anyone else here part of the Volkswagen family?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Mr_Bear, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I'm actually pretty interested to see who's on here driving a VW. I've been driving them since I was 18, and bought my second car, a 96 Jetta. From there out, i've been thru 4 cars, all VW's and I cant see myself doing anything different in the future.

Here is a little photo timeline of my VW's since 12-07. Post up your VW's, i wanna see who's drivin what these days.

The start of it all.....
    My 96 Jetta GLX, i loved this car, was nearly bone stock when i bought it, and i made it mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i got this turd....
    [​IMG]
    then i sold it to buy this little bean...that was absolutely STOCK when i bought it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i bought this 03 GTI for 1k, 1.8t, one owner 130k. word. - that was stock too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i smacked it up a little, and decided itd be better to part it out....
    [​IMG]

now i drive this bucket... its currently in the middle of a major overhaul in the suspension department... new bushings brakes coilovers etc. then its getting dumped and painted....
    [​IMG]
    the breadwinner - VR6
    [​IMG]

so who's rollin up in a VW?

2. i got an 03 tdi golf. its got 3 inch pipe from the turbo back, no cat no exhaust. injectors, chip and cai. i still get 48-50 mpg average and the thing is super fun. i also have the ability to roll coal which is fun when people tail you in expensive white cars.

3. I had a Rabbit, Golf, Sciroco, and then a Jetta. I haven't had one since I sold the Jetta in '05.

I have a love/hate relationship with VW. I do like the new Beetles...

4. whats up with the racks on the roof? is that an inside joke? seen it on dubbers inc.'s videos and was wondering!

5. my last VW was a 63 bug that I got back in 85. had a 65 combi van in 77, that was my first and last van...would kill for another 60's bug or van to wrench on.

6. Everyone should own at least one VW in life.

[​IMG]

My 1967 Beetle.

7. Had a 72 Beetle, now I have an 81 vanagon

8. well the roof rack i had was $50, awesome deal... had that on, ended up transporting rear mk3 party seats on it and the front seats that were in the trunk, lol

what a trip back on 422. eek

9. I owned one. It was '77 Dasher. God but that car was the biggest piece of shit I ever owned, and I owned numerous GM products!:eek: So I vowed "NEVER AGAIN!" The closest thing to a VW I would consider owning is a Porsche or Mercedes.

10. I have a 73 and I freakin love it, great for smoking too cuz its airtight, smoke one bowl in that thing and you can't see out

11. #11 twentypast4, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
    I have a 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8t 6 speed, and love it :wave:

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

12. if you'd consider owning a merc after a bad experience with a vw you are nuts. newer mercs (since 90s) are junk. c class is mexican built and they are all fairly unreliable.

i think im gonna buy a mk4 TDI jetta wagon...

13. hold still my heart....very nice

14. yeah its alright if they have that kind of purpose... but i saw this video

[ame=http://vimeo.com/5973812]Dubbers, Inc. - Every Day I See My Dream on Vimeo[/ame]

and it seems like its some kind of thing (like the german front plates on some jettas/old BMWs etc.)

15. in the US, a lot of people think that owning a european car means sporting a "euro" plate etc.

personally i find it tacky. i use my proper registration tag and keep things clean.

ps if anyone is in the SEPA area and needs any VW work done, i do nearly everything on them, so long as its an 04/05 or OLDER :)

16. I drive a mk2 jetta with a '93 corrado 12v vr6 (neuspeed chip, exhaust, hks filter, corrado brakes/cut springs/shocks/struts and im about to replace the timing chains with OBDII parts... after that im replacing suspension)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This thing hauls ass but with this ghetto suspension going over 120 is just deadly, i still have 1/4th the pedal left too when i get there. The guy i bought this from claims this has no rev limiter either.. so that means my car literally goes until it cant keep up with itself and blows up :eek:

My bro has a '90 Jetta biodiesel that is sweet, my dad has an '05 Passat TDI (2.0), and my mom has an '02 Passat Wagon 30 valve VR6. We are a vdub fam... my bro and i used to both have mr2's... mine is parted out now
    [​IMG]

17. I would love VW if.....all their cars weren't fwd.

18. my mom's passat is awd and r32's are awd as well. I hate fwd but it doesnt matter when you can get to 60 in about 6 seconds... and when you have about 200hp in a 2500 lb car that can make a big difference too compared to a 3000-3500 lb car.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7vqb5-58g&fmt=22][HD-version!] Ben Guild's 2004 Volkswagen R32 -- HPA Twin Turbo (FT575) - YouTube[/ame]

19. I know some are, most aren't. I don't care how fast a fwd car is it's always going to suffer from understeer and torquesteer.

20. Well... handling wise they do lack i agree coming from an mr2 that could take corners at any speed just about (but that's how it came to it's death... just taking those corners too fast im telling you :eek:)

If you have never drove a vr6 though you just will never understand... im telling you this from experience. My 4age's torque is half of what my vr6 makes out... Im sort of a torque fiene now hehe. Torque steer is a problem that occurs in all types of vehicles... my mr2 got it with it's whole 120hp.

FWD is definitely not as good as AWD or RWD... but i cant afford a nice awd vw haha... mine cost 3,000 and this thing can go in the snow just fine with some nice blizzaks. My bros diesel rocks in the snow with his snowtires on... good lil rally cars ;)