Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What bothers you about the "Apprentice Tokers?"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by laMars, Sep 27, 2011.

1. wait... what? :confused:

2. OP....its both an activity and not for me. as it is for many people.

most days i just spark up a spliff or two throughout the day without thinking "i'm gonna get high". yet sometimes i'll make a concious effort to go and get high, call up a few mates, buy a fresh bag of weed and get fucking baked.

its like drinking - sometimes i'll have 1 beer and relax - sometimes i'll go out and get drunk.

does that make me an apprentice toker? after 10 years of smoking.

3. #43 laMars, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

Not at all.... WHO SAID YOU WERE AN APPRENTICE TOKER?!?!?!?!?

What you said is exactly where I stand.

Everything everyone said I have said in different words in my OP. To me, it can be an activity to do with friends, but most of the time, it's just the norm...

To just about everyone:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the OP is too long to read the whole thing, please don't come on here just to read half of it and then try and tell me that I'm "lame" and what not for how I feel.
    I love weed with a passion and I love smoking with my friends, I was looking for kids who were in my situation with weed being more of a routine for them, to start
    a discussion about living life with friends who make weed more of a deal.

I must be extremely bad at presenting my ideas because the OP was meant to start a discussion not an argument or a window to insult me for my way of thinking.

I'm done with this thread, thankyou to all those who actually read the OP and got what I was saying. To everyone else, thanks for the negative vibes.

4. My bad. when i 1st read the post it seemed as though you were saying that people who do weed as an "activity" and plan it, are apprentice tokers. that is all.

sorry if i got the wrong end of it!

5. this guy ^^^ has shit figured out i love this guy :smoke:

6. I wasn't trying to make a fool of him i was just trying to bring to his attention how it looked to me. He even agreed he might of been an ass. I was just offering an observation.

p.s. I totally agree with what he said just not the delivery.

7. #48 silenceme, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    To be honest I have no idea what the OP is talking about.

If you like smoking with your friends, then why not smoke with a friend when they hit you up to smoke?

Do you want secret code words or something?

If you smoke on a regular basis(like I do...) then it should be no problem talking about weed, you make it seem like you have had enough of weed and don't want your friends hitting you up talking about it.

To me someone labeling other people who share the same activity is more bothersome...In all honesty it shouldn't matter, you may have more experience with herb then someone else but you have no right to put yourself up any higher then they are....It just seems kinda snobby.

8. I dunno man, to me weed is like a cup of coffee or tea.

I'll have one now and then when I'm chilling and sitting at home. Like I'll put an hour or two seperate every day just for me to smoke and watch some tv or surf the web. And when I invite my friends round, just so I can see them I sometimes say "Come over and have a joint with me bro" or something like that.

So yeah, I do treat weed as a big deal, but no more bigger than anything else

9. Excellent topic. Maybe the title was a little confusing...

I'm in my 30's and have used MJ since I was a teen as a method of engaging in counter-culture and to straight get CHONGED. I grew up and grew away from what I identified MJ with. LONG story short; my wife and I have both started using MJ again but our relationship with it has changed immensely! It's not about the counter-culture or seeing how ripped we can get, but about getting our minds and bodies right in a natural way. I TOTALLY get what you're saying! You described my day-to-day.

I really appreciate you sharing your story. My wife and I have a 6 year old, a 4 year old, three 2 year olds (triplets), and one that will be here in February. When asked what we're doing (as we're hitting the vape or lying in bed with a bag), we tell our kids that we're using medicine. We want to introduce them to it in a way that allows them to draw their own conclusions and eventually make their own decision about it. I'd be interested in how your parents introduced MJ to you.

Good luck and peace to you!

10. Yes yes yes.. i too have been an "enhancement smoker" for more years on this earth than i haven't! And it seems we come from the same family dynamic OP! Used to pinch my parents bags when i was 13. but like Totem stated, even why i first started it was a "thing" spend 2 hours making an incredibly elaborate bong thats you smoke out ofe for 20 mins then everyone is afraid to keep it at home.. weve all been there.. but to answer you question, yes my friend. i do share your feelings on occasions. usually only when it brings attention to the fact. But hey, bring by some BHO or bubble hash and i myself will get a tad bit giddy! :D

11. Almost seems like you have taken the value out of it.

I appreciate and enjoy smoking weed (It is quite expensive and it is hard to find time in my schedule) That I do make a deal out of it because I appreciate it.

Unless your referring to the ghetto trash nowadays that tries to portray it as something it isn't.

12. There's alot of confused posts in this thread.

I agree with the OP. Smoking for me isn't a planned event like a night of drinking on the town with the boys. It's just a given.

13. i Hate how the goverment brainwashes everyone that marijuana's bad for you and causes long term affects what a load of bullshit .. some people told me not to smoke when they found out i smoked weed and they told me you'll die hahahah people aren't educated about weed enough these days

14. I agree. Sure there are times when a friend will call me up and say, "Yo, wanna swing by and bake?", and I'll get really fucked up. But usually I'll smoke a fat j when I'm chilling in my garage working on something or smoke a bowl and do my daily activities. It's a way of life, but at the same time I can enjoy a completely different experience by smoking for fun.

15. hmm i understand what you're saying, but i dont share the same views. i dont mean to sound judgmental, but i believe everything is fine in moderation. it seems like you and your family have gotten to the point where you're just "eh whatever" about weed. weed isn't a big deal, but i dont downplay it as much as you seem to. like i said, everything in moderation. smoking before going to walmart or getting high to do everyday-chores? idk. not something i see myself doing with my wife and kids and calling it the "norm."

16. This thread is fucking stupid

17. Official stamp of approval^

18. [quote name='"conor74"']Ya I hate when my buddies are like "hey wanna come over and jerk off" like idk I masturbate before i leave. I'll do it again when I get there, but don't make it sound like thats the "activity" we're doing. You know like sometimes in the walmart parking lot before I shop I'll rub one off. I like to play video games and watch movies while doing it. I guess pot is the same way[/quote]

This.

19. This is what its like for me
    1 bowl = Relaxed, Acting normal :eek:
    3bowls = :D
    5bowls = :eek: