Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What bothers you about the "Apprentice Tokers?"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by laMars, Sep 27, 2011.

1. like some people said, its very subjective. smoking weed to some people is an activity: meeting with friends, going to pick up, finding a spot to smoke, and sparking it up..etc. there are a lot of events that eventually lead up to the act of smoking. thus making it an activity.

2. tl;dr

but i hate how they don't have any common sense... and ask the same questions over and over.

but smoking weed is just second nature to me

3. Agreed, ive got plenty of people who do the same.

4. I have only been smoking a couple of years and don't feel the seasoned toker section is appropriate for me. But the apprentice toker section is full of kids. And it annoys the fuck out of me though it gets the most traffic.
    I vote for a in between section.

5. Even if I was being an ass, my OP was extremely soft and open for discussion, the people who replied by telling me I was wrong for feeling this way are the ones who are asses. I started this out by telling others how I felt, not how I think others should feel.

6. Wow. This was the post I needed to see I guess... Thankyou for being able to explain this to me. Makes a lot of sense and I never really thought of it like that.

Wish more people could be more like you, including parts of myself.

7. i think u may be seeing this a little wrong bro. sometimes i ask a friend to come over and get baked with me, even though just about every time i hang out with a friend we end up smoking. and it really doesn't seem to me that you like to get completely ripped off your face, just get a little high goin, but when i et ripped off my face, i just like to chill out and enjoy it, in those situations its ok to be like "yo last night...." its really not fair to call people like me "apprentice tokers" just cuz we enjoy the herb differently than you.

8. #28 stoned4sure003, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Smoking by itself or involving something else can be enjoyed either way. For me I would like to just light up a bowl after a hard days work or get together with friends smoke a few bowls eat, chill to music, or watch a movie. Doing it around everything is what can lead to making it just seem routine or mundane or in many cases make those activities seem enhanced its all in your frame of mind really .

9. I'm somewhere in between what the OP is talking about. I do see getting high as an activity, but I also feel that I can get high and just go about doing my everyday activities without making it a point to make it known that I'm high.

10. "Look man I don't want to sound snotty but I don't want to drive over to his place just to smoke a bowl"

Honesty man, honesty

11. I didnt read the other post so someone might have touched on this. I totally see where you are coming from but i think we can all agree that getting high with a friend can be enjoyable. Its like "hey lets go golf" instead "hey lets smoke a bowl and grab some pizzia" I do agree that smoking should be stereotype more as a cultrue than a drug, but it that is what the american government made it. Im not going to lie, i look at weed more through the idea of a drug. But i can say its because the way america has brought me up.

12. #32 2FootBong, Sep 28, 2011
    yea the same thing with me. i dont like it tho. i remember back when i started, it was like the "high" point of my day. now its like, hmmm im in the middle of the woods and i have weed and a bowl, should i smoke? and half the time i just dont feel like it.

for me a morning smoke about 1 in 3 days is kind of routine. its like.. hey im almost ready to go and i still got 20 minutes... yeah i think ill go smoke a bowl before breakfast.

also same about no one knowing im high and i barely think about it. for me the only noticeable effects of being high are: feeling "good", and being hungry, and i cant lift as much weight. do u ever try to get FUCKED UP from just weed and find out u cant? i tried a few days ago and couldnt. i usually smoke 1-2 light bowls to get me high, but that night i smoked 8 fat ones. and i wasnt even that much higher than off a couple bowls... it was wierd.

other seasoned tokers, how long does your high last? i havent kept exact track of it but the main "high" feeling only lasts about 15min for me, 30 if im baked. i know back in the day it lasted over an hour, and i think when i first started it lasted 2-3.

EDIT: what u said about feeling wierd when people consider smoking weed an activity, i dont. i know for a lot of people, including most of my friends, smoking gets them pretty high for a good hour or two. i considered it an activity when that happened to me. so nah, ill just smoke and chill with them, socialize, discuss the herb or whatever. but it does piss me off if they consider smoking a 1 hour long event. like yeah ill chill on a few bowls over an hour but i dont want to just smoke and then sit around on my ass for awhile. me and my friends consider smoking an activity, but we usually have something planned for after/during too.

13. #33 Harman, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    Most people weren't introduced to marijuana the way you were, and not all people are used to smoking all the time. So its actually normal for people to think of it as an activity and to be happy about doing it. I know some people who only blaze once in a while, so they are excited. It's like going to see an awesome new movie for people who don't do it a lot.

14. #34 Mulled, Sep 28, 2011
    Im gonna have a bowl, then I'm gonna have one, now if that is an activity well call me high and let me light up another one!

god im fucking baked.:smoke:

15. Im totally baked too i diddnt even notice that till ur comment bahaha i normally notice when ppl post high-pos haha :smoke:

16. Well besides handing over there weed while they take a nap from the first hit there isnt much to hate on the aprentice cept for his lack of respect for rotation and losing all self respect running around like there on a deliriant/ drunk( not all beginers but a majority)

17. I'm in the same boat you are OP.

It's just something I'm going to do before anything and its implied with all my closest friends.

Most of the time we just hang out and the first thing we do without breaking a stride is pack up the bowl. Now I do say "hey, wanna go smoke?" because I enjoy relaxing with my best friends doing something I love to do.

Happy toking,
    SS

18. The thing I hate about apprentice is how people post absolutely fucking dumb things. For example people ask about prices or if they got ripped off WITHOUT posting pictures.

19. I think you're kind of down playing weed a bit. You make it seem like weed barely effects you at all when it alters your mind pretty good from what I've experienced. Also you may not think of weed as a huge deal because you never really had your parents tell you not to do it and/or fearing some sort of punishment if caught. To people who's parents are against marijuana use it's exciting to talk about and it's a bigger deal to them than kids who are allowed to smoke freely. Just some thoughts.

20. Ya I hate when my buddies are like "hey wanna come over and jerk off" like idk I masturbate before i leave. I'll do it again when I get there, but don't make it sound like thats the "activity" we're doing. You know like sometimes in the walmart parking lot before I shop I'll rub one off. I like to play video games and watch movies while doing it. I guess pot is the same way