Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What bothers you about the "Apprentice Tokers?"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by laMars, Sep 27, 2011.

1. So without focusing too much on myself here I just want to start out by saying that I have been smoking bud for quite some time now... It was introduced to me by my parents and was never treated like almost everyone treats it nowadays. To my family, it's culture, it's simply common sense to use this plant. I'm sure many people know what I mean when I say it is quite a regular thing to smoke a bowl.

"Hmmm.... About to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some things... Why not smoke a bowl before I leave?"

This act of smoking in this case is not the sterotypical, "Oh YAY! I'm about to get high, yada yada yada." *Makes a big deal about smoking a bowl. It's simply something that is done because the benefits so greatly outway the negatives. (If there even were any. :)) Carrying on the example above, while I am at Wal-Mart, it never crosses my mind that I'm "high" or that I'm intoxicated. I do not act differently then when I am not high, nor does anyone notice anything out of the ordinary about me. Even with all that being said, I know for a fact I appreciate Cannabis and what it does more than most people do.

So basically I'm wondering... Does anyone else find themselves in a spot where Cannabis has just become regular everyday culture to them and they find it very hard to play their role in groups where smoking weed is "an activity?" Many of the people I have recently met treat weed SOOO much differently than me and it's hard explaining to them without sounding snotty that I do not want to drive over to someone's house simply to smoke a bowl with them... I see this a lot even in people who do smoke A LOT of weed.

Like, when my friends who share the same view of Cannabis as me want to hang out, they have an actual activity they want to do. "Hey, wanna come over and we'll go frolfing?" or "Let's go grab something to eat." Smoking a bowl is something that is just kind of assumed to happen and happens without any of us making a big deal out of it. Even if we are not going to do anything, none of the people close to me actually bring up smoking as an "activity."

Anyone else feel me? It's kind of like, weed is life... One does not usually say to himself, "Yay!!! I'm so happy I'm awake and alive right now!!!" and yet that person can still LOVE and appreciate life just as much or more than somone else...

Whuch you guys think?

2. think you might smoke too much weed. every time you said cannabis my dick got a little harder.

3. #3 JustSomeHighGuy, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    I completely agree with you. I enjoy doing things high so I smoke my weed and go out and do what normal kids my age do. But when I ask a non-smoker friend if he wants to hang and I tell them what we will be doing there they'll be like "oh I doubt that is all your doing" hinting at they know I will be smoking weed.

But in my opinion smoking weed does not count as an activity or something that even needs to be said while discussing plans. It doesn't take very long to get high nor does it really matter to anybody else other than yourself.

Inless you are dedicating a big part of your day to smoking and nothing else, than it shouldn't be considered an activity.

4. Sounds like a cool story but in my mind people over the internet don't decide who's a rookie and who's a stoner, i have a friend that has been smoking for 3 weeks has a sick 2ft bong rips it better than friends i have that smoke since 3-4 years ago, being a stoner is a self title you give yourself, but whatever you say.

5. #5 yeahimdylan, Sep 27, 2011
    Treating Cannabis as if it is part of our daily routine, yes. It's really nothing more than it is. And being a regular use now, I don't talk about, "holy shit, last night.." Not at all. It's just a normal thing to me now. Like, I've been home for about an hour lurking these forums and I still have yet to light up. >.>

6. Completely agree! My girlfriend tries to out me all the time by saying oh yah smoking weed, i just say maybe, i dont feel that i need to announce when im smoking or high.

7. #7 stonedHigh, Sep 27, 2011
    I guess that means taking shots isn't an activity either. When someone invites you over to smoke a bowl, it's not like you're going there to smoke and then leave. You smoke and then chill. Chilling is an activity that includes, but is not limited to, everything you said earlier.

8. #8 yeahimdylan, Sep 27, 2011
    Yep the reason why it's considered as an activity is 'cause it sort of connects with alcohol/drinking. Alcohol is an activity. You do it on occasion. Where as smoking cigarettes, an everyday sort of thing.

I have a feeling 'activity' isn't the right word, though.

9. Also, if you don't aren't using it medically, then the only benefits you're getting is getting high.

10. Sir you are baked as fuck. It's okay though, we get what ya mean. ;P

11. Nothing at all,we all start somewhere bro.

12. Who are you even talking to? Did you read the OP?

Umm.... Excuse me for being the one on grasscity to tell you this, but I believe there is a huge differance in taking shots and smoking a bowl. Alcohol is a drug that personally, I cannot compare weed to. Very different things.

... What?

Not saying that I look down upon any of them, or actually bring up to any of them that it bothers me. If you read the OP, I very clearly am just asking if anyone else smokes weed for recreational and medical use goes through the same problem with their friends making a big deal out of smoking a bowl.

I agree, there are plenty of times when an abnormal session is going to happen or a friend picks up something out of the usual and smoking becomes a more of a deal.

13. I knew people were gonna take this the totally wrong way and rip me apart for it. At least Ik some of you understand me. :)

14. You pretty much just opened a discussion and then was an ass to the people who joined in. Nice!!

15. No, he's not being an ass. He's replying to people (which few OP's do), some of which posted without reading the OP. To be honest, you're even more of an ass for trying to make a fool of him.

But to answer the OP's question, nothing really bothers me about people who make a big deal about smoking.

The truth is, when you're new to smoking, smoking is an actual activity, something to do for fun. Once you've lost count of how many times you've smoked, you begin to realize that cannabis is a life enhancer. It can be used just to enhance life or social activities, or medicinally. Regardless, it's no longer an activity by itself, it just makes things more enjoyable.

New smokers who get all hyped up about smoking do annoy me at times, but I quickly realize their annoyance is caused by me being jealous of them only starting to embark on the great cannabis adventure.

Totem

16. The lack of personal responsibility.

17. I donno I think most of this is very subjective,

18. Um, yes, it's quite subjective. It's my opinion.

19. According to the OP. At times it can be an activity when sometimes it not with the same person

20. Absolutely nothing bothers me about "apprentice tokers" and if they bother you its kinda lame. Some people dont have money to smoke every day. Some people spend their whole month looking forward to it. Thats why they are so excited man,