Weed Star - Messias Illusion Ice 5mm Glass Bong - 12-arm Perc Splash - Blue

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BugEyed, Sep 26, 2011.

1. #1 BugEyed, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    Looking at getting http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smok...messias-illusion-12-arm-perc-splash-blue.html

but before I make the purchase I am looking for some feedback or reviews about the bong since $150 dollars is a lot for me.

If you know a lot about bongs, post any pros/cons about it and an overall rating
    If you have the bong or used it, post your experiences with it and your pros/cons

I am also interested in if there is anything else you would recommend I purchase with it (can't be a lot of money).

All help is appreciated
    Feel free to post any similar price range bongs for my consideration also

2. If your looking to get a legit tube for 150$ you should get a straight shooter and hook it up with a Leisure 6 arm or a Alex K and a DD bowl. Your not gonna get a really nice bong with a perc for 150$ it just wont happen. If I were you I would stay away from that weedstar bong because it is of less quality then lets say an str8 shooter HVY with a leisure 6

3. Most people would generally agree to avoid weedstar. Like the other guy said, look for something without a perc in that price point and you'll get something way better.

4. DON'T DO EEEETTT
    weedstar sucks ass

5. Alright, what is wrong with Weed Star, I've actually heard some pretty good things about them on here (or atleast about them being better then a lot of other glass sold on here)

If Weed Star is a no go post some things I can buy online (from legit sites) that would be better. If I should drop the perc and add whatever post these things with the tube.

My interests are size, nice perc, and looks cool for anyone suggesting bongs

6. BugEyed we cant post the site to get it from because its not aloud here, but its @LT if you no what that is.

Just go on it and look at HVY TUBES. They offer different thickness in there glass 7mm/5mm/9mm and they offer both str8 tubes and beakers without percs, running around 100$ if not a little more. With your extra money buy a Alex K Showerhead downstem from the same site and then you can also get a ben wilson disc diffused, totaling you like 190$

7. Although Weedstar is cheaper, their bongs aren't THAT bad, I mean, they could be worse. I have used one of their cheapest ones (the slim jim, about $35), and although the glass is only ~3mm thick, the base is thick and study, and the joint is super strong for this price.

I have also used the Messiah's illusion double 3 arm perc beaker, the ones they used to have up in the shop, and even with only 3 arms with closed ends, the drag isn't bad at all. 99% of people that smoke it can clear it just fine, with the others just being inexperienced. So if you got the 12 arm, I'm sure it would be easier to clear, plus 5mm is plenty thick if you're careful! :bongin: I think its not a bad investment, but it really depends what you like in the end!

8. A lot of weedstar stuff is that bad, and just because there are a lot of arms doesn't mean they will be well made. I'd check out the ten arm SNOB designed bubbler in your price range.

Also, the double 3 arm not being draggy? You must have some really strong lungs. Or, weedstar is making their slits HUUUGE :D cause that sounds like a drag monster.

9. #11 BugEyed, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    HVY tubes were expensive and very boring
    the bubbler doesnt really appeal to me
    I'll take a slight hit in quality if that means I get an interesting 2 foot tube with a 12 arm perc and diffused downstem over some plain small tube for the same price
    but I'll gladly take offers of anything esle in my price range with my interests if theres something that has better quality, bigger size, or better looks.

10. #12 sleepy96, Sep 27, 2011
    I agree that a lot of arms definitely doesn't mean well made. I can speak from experience atleast that even the older model Messiah's are pretty good for the price (for the price). My friend gave me the "Slim Jim" for free, and it is thin, but hey its got a durable GONG joint, which any bong in that price range is likely to be grommet style or just low quality all around. Atleast they improve some things. lol

For example, I bought a bong from a local headshop, $135 for a single perc round bottom, glass is kinda thin on the bottom, perc isnt the straighest. Now going for a little more money at the price of the Messiah, I have had plenty of experience to say that they seem pretty sturdy. Ultimately I'm sure theyre mass produced, but that's what you get for the price.

And yes, compared to a high quality piece, even something like the SNOB bubbler will have less drag than the Messiah's, but they are slightly different pieces anyways. Two closed 3 arm percs sounds draggy, but it really is pretty easy to clear! The GC/SNOB is definitely better quality. So if you are strictly looking for higher quality, go for the SNOB. But if you like big pieces, possibly bigger hits, and adding attachments, the Messiah's might be for you. Like I said before, It really comes down to your style and preference. :smoke:

11. #13 kliff2004, Sep 27, 2011
    They arent close arm trees anymore.

And all the messiahs are 4 or 5 arms now.

Or at least its random lol. A blade bought a single 3 arm tree messiah from here, and it came with 4 open armed trees.

They just dont updated there product description here.

So all the messiahs arent as draggy as the older models.

But even when I owned it the model that was close armed, I was aware of the drag it produced, I just didnt care.

I could still completely clear it lol.

People here treat drag like its HIV. Its really not a big deal unless you give into the peer pressure of everyone telling you its awful.

You have to be taught to hate something.

But regardless, when I bought mine it was 100 bucks before the 10% discount code.

Now they are 150 and thats just to expensive for my tastes.

12. I got a messias illusion double tree perc last year and it was one of the draggiest things I have ever hit. I couldn't clear it after I filled it and I am by no means inexperienced or lack the lung capacity to do it. They just don't make a quality tree perc imo. Id stay away from a ws tree perc bong, the quality of the glass wasn't bad it was just a pain to have to hit it 2 or 3 times to clear it.

13. mwwahahahaha

inferior mortal!

14. [quote name='"kliff2004"']

mwwahahahaha

inferior mortal![/quote]

Haha damn you got me.

15. I just ordered the.messias 12 arm.blue splash, (27/10/11) ny one else have this bong.and.care to give a review ??

16. Not for me ;) i dont drop my bongs or knock them.over , im just after some thing no one will have in my circle of friends.in.australia we only get a poor choice from agung.bongs , 100 + for a crud.double chamber glass with metal stems and rubber bungs , most use the good old poweraid bottle and.metal.stem lol so im just looking.for.some thing smooth.and unique , i have a 200 dollord order of weed* bowls and a few roor ones and coule of diffusers and some perc and ash catcher bowls , to order when.i.recieve this.one ;) cant wait , lol i.should put.up a pick of m.current daily smoker

17. #20 Strangerone, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    - 7mm at the ringside
    - 2,5mm tube self
    - 1mm bottom
    - leaky joint
    base /cheesy > processed > \tjerry-built in india

to shrink from the investment