Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to convince your parents weed isnt bad for you

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BongRippaJack, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Thanks for the help guys keep it coming! What I am thinking I will do is either figure out how to store piss for random drug tests and pull it off right, or just get good grades, help around the house, be nice and just fail my test see what happens, or just take breaks during winter and see what happens for the rest of the year. Or lastly be screwed.

2. Just be sneaky and smart, you can outsmart them smoke at night make a sploof buy visine change clothes after a sesh hide your stash...

3. lolwut

4. Thanks. And damn that must have been awhile ago. Have you seen the fresh prince of bell air episode where uncle phil uses that line? hahahaha

5. Smoking isnt my problem, passing drug test or making them be okay with me smoking is the problem.

6. Dude i love it how everyone who smokes pot in high school on here has a gpa over 3.0, bitches I graduated with a 2.0 and I'm proud I just got through high school.

7. I barely made it aswell haha sad :D

8. I droped out abouth 10th grade, That's why my spelling sucks ass.
    Never really hurt anything. I dont know anyone that makes as much as i do a year.
    And makes it without breaking the law.

I wouldn't tell anyone else to. You have to be a go getter without a diploma.

9. Don't convince them. Take action, and prove to them.

10. How old were you when you got the job? It seems like nowadays no one will hire anyone anymore without a diploma.

11. [quote name='"BongRippaJack"']My parents just threatened me with a drug test and were ready to buy one and I smoked yesterday so I said dont go, I smoked weed. This is the 2nd time they caught me and they were not as mad this time. I was trying to convince my mom that its not bad and you cant get addicted. But my mom told me its a gateway drug, you can be addicted, it makes you dumb, and im going to label my little siblings. I know most of what my mom said isnt true but I didnt know how to convince her it wasnt true she said I didnt know what I was talking about. What should I tell her? PLEASE HELP[/quote]

I get a feeling your not 18. Won't let me snowboard? No control if your 18.
    Not moving out of house for 3 years? Sounds like your 16

12. No I'm 18 it just happens to be like that oh and I don't have a drivers license

13. The Union

14. Its pretty much impossible for me to convince my parents. The rest of my family arent exactly intelligent, they listen to intellectually deviod chart music and believe everything they hear on the news and The Sun newspaper. If i try to show them the truth, they arent interested. They all try to tell me how bad it is, yet they smoke, drink, eat shit food and take pills (ie paracetemol).

What makes it even harder is some of the low-life uncles/aunties/cousins i have in my family. A few of them are alcoholics/junkies and suprise, suprise its not the persons fault for not being responsible, its weed. So yeh, just because they started on weed, they think it led them to coke/heroin. Also one of my uncles killed himself because he was Schizophrenic, and again its weeds fault.

And last night i took a couple of hits, it smelled a little bit. My sister starts going nuts, snitches on me. My brothers, my dad and my mum all come have a go at me, all against me treating me like im some kind of junkie. My dad threatens to make me sell my drum kit (i would never forgive him for that) and even kick me out of the house.

All i can say is some families are just impossible to convince. Just try your best to give them some knowledge, show that you can still do well in life and keep it on the downlow. Good luck.

15. First things first, everyone name calling and shit talking needs to get the fuck off this thread. The kid needs advice not fellow blades bickering like 10 year olds over whos got the bigger brain or ego.

Now to adress the main topic, you have to sit down with them and have a grown up conversation. You've got to understand where they're coming from and take their words into consideration when expressing your point. Find solid sources with facts that you think your parents would most likely listen to; try to get it from a reputable souce to back you up more. Don't lose yourself and stay collected at all times.

Convincing parents that pot is ok requires two steps:
    1. Convince them that bud is not harmful/addictive/gateway drug, etc.
    2. Show them that you can function properly in your life with weed in it. You can even try showing them that it helps you function. This part is all on you. You just got to take charge and get shit done.

Hopefuly this helps, It did with me back in the day, and if all else fails, just give it a few years. :) happy toking.

16. Its honestly the worst shit ever how everyone starts to blame any little thing on the fact that you were high, as if i wasn't high it would have never happened. WTF? I think it would be better sometimes if no one knew i smoked. LOL.

17. IMO you might as well ask
    "how can I convince a creationist there is no God"
    in other words
    your shit outta luck

18. meeep meep

19. Lol it's funny because now my dad gives me weed and my parents don't care at all if I smoke.

20. haha how'd you manage to turn the situation around that much?