Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to convince your parents weed isnt bad for you

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BongRippaJack, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Marijuana Not A Gateway To Hard Drug Use, Rand Study Says
    Conclusions Raise Serious Doubts Regarding The Legitimacy Of U.S. Drug Policy - NORML

Just footnoting :)

2. mad respect for the fresh prince reference right there damn I think I saw that air when it was brand new...

3. Sorry dude, but your stuck and they own you until then. Marijuana will be legal sooner or later, so be happy. [Ron Paul 2012]

Im not telling you to stop smoking, just learn to get away with it. Convining your parents is "dead on arrival".

Age Kills Imagination.

Don't attempt to convince them, just tell them you will stop, and convert to secrecy.

4. Holy balls. This is a ridiculously dumb post. Let's see... There's no actual proof that marijuana is a gateway drug, and if it is, it's likely to be only because of prohibition. "Cause if you are a heavy smoker its making the person dumber its for sure" Well, sure seems like it did so in your case, but unless you can show me that most people who smoke a lot become stupid, then you have no facts backing up your statement. Marijuana *can* become a dependency, but there is no physical addiction beyond some insomnia, irritability, and a little more stress. Same thing would happen if you quit caffeine. And no, your guardians are your guardians until you are 18 or you emancipate yourself (or they die). If they stopped being guardians when you started to earn your own money, then my parents would have stopped being my guardians when I was 13.

5. Do you think if I did a lot of research or had some of you guys give me links to website that had true facts about pot and proof it wouldnt harm me, my parents would believe it though?

6. There's no harm in trying. If your parents refuse to listen/read them, then it's unfortunately a lost cause. If you think your parents might be even a little receptive, then I would definitely make an effort to be responsible. Help out around the house. Do your homework. Hopefully you can convince them that you can use marijuana as an enhancer to your life and not a crutch.

7. sounds like your still a kid, how can your parents NOT let you snow board? i paintball, buy my own gear,. go when i feel like it. how can your parents not let you snowboard. you sound like a baby. man up and be and individual. how can they take your car if its YOURS? you bought it, didn't you, you have a job right. maybe they see that you aren't mature enough. maybe you you shouldn't even hit the reefer and grow a pair. maybe have your own income

8. maybe I do have a summer job, maybe I dont have a car because I cant get a license yet for some reason. Maybe YOU should fuck off because your not helping me asshole.

9. so your parents did not take away your car. they did not take anything away. you probably had a temper tantrum when they wanted their keys back. your not helping yourself son. your parent have the right to do what the fuck they want because you haven't proven that your a young man yet. still a kid.

10. Well man, if you don't have your card, your parents can get in trouble for you having weed in their house...

Dig a hole in your backyard and build a trap door and put your shit in there and smoke outside. As for the whole drug test thing, you're fucked until you move out for sure... personally if I lived by a mountain and had to choose between snowboarding everyday and smoking weed everyday, I would choose snowboarding. I love snowboarding and weed isn't worth giving up your passion.

11. Unless I can figure out how to get past drug tests then I am going to just take a few month break during snowboarding season, its gonna suck but it will be worth it.

12. Weed is a passion for some. Jack, you might try looking into fake urine. I don't imagine your parents would actually look directly at your dick while you're pissing, so you could probably pull it off undetected.

13. Yeah I was thinking about that, but I need tips. I dont think if i put piss in my freezer my parents will believe im freezing apple juice for some odd reason. And I dont think it would be possible at all to microwave the piss right after my parents told me they were going to test me. Sneaking it into the bathroom might be tricky too.

14. I believe you can prepare it beforehand and most kits strap on to your leg/waist. Do some research and find out.

15. I didn't say it wasn't. He said snowboarding was his most favorite thing in the world, to me this means it's his passion.

@OP - Good idea taking a break for the season, then when you come back to smoking again your tolerance will be nil and you'll be high as a mo' fuckin' kite.

16. maybe because your 15...

17. show the the movie the union the busnisses behind getting high

18. #38 VisineRocks, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    Okay listen up you little fuck, If he attempts anything more than showing them a couple papers or
    a documentary (which I suggested) his parents are going to think he's some crack addict and is brain washed by the drug, marijuana. In there day and age weed was considered as bad as meth is now days.

--Name calling is not tolerated here--

I'm at work I have no spell check, however I bring in 6 figures a year and Mensa scored my I.Q at 134;
    So next to me, your as intelligence level is that of a chin-chilla .

Okay so this dudes prob. A kid with some pushover parents. They can do all of those things and if you "man up" and do what you want you could be forced into boot camp or just kicked out. You need them and they need you if you ruin your relationship by not adhering to there rules and continuing to smoke weed then your giving MJ a horrible purpose. Don't let anything forge a wall between you and your family you will need them one day.

Trust me kid, I had a mom who was a push over (but would yell and try and ground me for dope smoking (as she called it :) lol ) And I did whatever I wanted regardless of what she said.
    I was a dick kid and she didn't deserve that. They don't want you to grow up all fucked in the head (will MJ do that to you? Hell no! but they dont think that, so short of a revelation they will try what they can to keep you on a straight arrow. Do what they wish and keep their lives as unstressful as possible.

btw the mother and I are great now. She's not dead or anything

19. When I was younger, responsibility was the greatest influence of my parents accepting my toking habits.

When you pull a 3.7, play sports, make your own mula, and have an active family and social life... it's hard to tell you what you can and cannot do...

My advice: show them you can handle your own life fine even with herb involved.

Or just respect their wishes until you move out... either way, it comes down to maturity IMO.

20. So you have an IQ of 134, yet you can't spell intelligence and you don't know that chinchilla is one word. You also claim to know absolutely what will happen when someone does something, though you have zero evidence to support your position. "In there day and age" (it's their, if you actually had an IQ of 134 you'd know the difference) people smoked a lot of pot and there were tons and tons of hippies. Weed is always considered bad by some, but never by all. I also suggested he show them the Union. You also spelled which wrong, and brainwashed is one word.

I don't appreciate insults to my intelligence and I would rather we avoid the ad hominems (that is, insulting the arguer rather than refuting the argument).