Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

"Weed is bad for you, and will ruin your life."

• Please log in to reply

jdklgn

jdklgn

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
My dad keeps telling me this. True or false, and why?

MayorMcStoned

MayorMcStoned

Finger Blaster Master

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,388 posts

My dad keeps telling me this. True or false, and why?

Its called a search function.

Just look in storm crows signature, theres more than enough there for you.

CRXSSF1R3

CRXSSF1R3

Running on diesel

• Registered Upgraded
  • 180 posts
MARIJUANA MAKES YOUR HEAD EXPLODE!
you think people from a pro-marijuana forum will tell you it ruins your life?

ScrumptiousKush

ScrumptiousKush

• Registered Upgraded
  • 284 posts
False. Weed doesn't ruin your life, your own actions and motivations does. Your in control of your own life, the path you choose to follow is what will determine whether your life is a success or a failure. So no, weed doesnt ruin your life, you do.

xThrowBack

xThrowBack

• Registered Upgraded
  • 819 posts
It will if you let it, keep that in mind.

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts
No it's false and the fact that your even asking why it's false disturbs me :P Just kidding but your dad is wrong.

Alcohol is worse than weed Much worse. It's OK in moderation right.

Tobacco is insanely worse than weed, it is't OK in moderation but it doesn't ruin that many lives well actually fuck it Yes it does :laughing:

I hope you get the point, i wrote up another reply but a little window came up when i tried to post it and it said "windows has detected a critical amount of highness, windows will shut down in 59 seconds" Fuck you windows :mad:

Wykyd_Green

Wykyd_Green

Master Thy Comfort

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,139 posts
All you need to do is get up and do it. Fight that couch lock!

CantThink

CantThink

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 467 posts
It's True!!!!!! So stop smoking!

ofcourse it's false but what other answer would you expect from this forum.. He probably hasn't tried because some of the older generations have some erroneous stereotypes about the "perils" of marijuana.

ElementGREEN

ElementGREEN

I am the liquor

• Registered Upgraded
  • 256 posts
You did 0 searching before you asked, didn't you?
Marijuana - Telling Teenagers the Truth about Smoking Pot

Read this then go watch the documentaries, "The Union", and "Super High Me". (both on netfilx instant play and google video)

Then you can answer for yourself whether that true or false.
Don't let weed control you and it won't run your life.

CantThink

CantThink

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 467 posts
Posted Image

jdklgn

jdklgn

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I know that weed is not bad for you, I have done my fair share of research. However, my dad is as stubborn as a mule. I made this thread so I can expand my knowledge on this topic.

Btw thanks for the link elementgreen, that's a very informative website.

RastaHobo

RastaHobo

Professional Pirate

• Registered Upgraded
  • 116 posts
For some people true, for some people false. If your life is consumed by weed and it's all you think about then it may be a problem not a help. If you like the way it feels and it relieves stress then it can be great. I like it for spiritual and recreational reasons. I haven't had any in three weeks because my dealer's in a dry spell. I want it but it's not controlling my life.

Really you are the only person who can know for sure. Marijuana is a gift and you must respect it. Remember these things and you will have a good weed experience. Jah will shine on his people in their time of need.
With peace and love RH

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts

I know that weed is not bad for you, I have done my fair share of research. However, my dad is as stubborn as a mule. I made this thread so I can expand my knowledge on this topic.

Btw thanks for the link elementgreen, that's a very informative website.

Show him granny's list

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

AdamStoner308

AdamStoner308

• Registered Upgraded
  • 465 posts
Lies. You just need self control and you need to let weed revolve around you, not the other way. And besides, why would it be called "medical" if it were bad for you? Toke, and be happy. Like I said SELF-CONTROL. It's easier to preach it than to practice, but live with that in mind and you'll be fine :)

Also, for any questions you may have: Erowid.com is your place

jdklgn

jdklgn

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Lies. You just need self control and you need to let weed revolve around you, not the other way. And besides, why would it be called "medical" if it were bad for you? Toke, and be happy. Like I said SELF-CONTROL. It's easier to preach it than to practice, but live with that in mind and you'll be fine :)

Also, for any questions you may have: Erowid.com is your place

I smoke about 4-5 times a week, partly for stress and partly because I love ganja :). Also my mom died when I was in the 6th grade and I never had any counseling but weed has definitely helped me get over it like nothing else has.

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts

If your Dad keeps repeating nonsensical things he may be in the early stages of dementia

Dementia - PubMed Health

and should be evaluated by a qualified health professional

Yep this, he's mad OP
:P

Storm Crow

Storm Crow

Very Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 11,586 posts
Sit Dad down in front of the computer. :confused:

Click that 1st link in my sig.
:yay:

Bet him $10 he can't even read all the TITLES in one sitting! :rolleyes:

Whether you win or lose, his eyes will be opened! (To make it even harder for him :rolleyes:, send me an email- bottom of my sig- and I'll send you the BIG "Granny's MMJ List" PDF- about 100 pages longer than GC's version! Just pop it on the desktop and then he won't know about GC and all your shenanigans here! ;) )

Granny :wave:

AdamStoner308

AdamStoner308

• Registered Upgraded
  • 465 posts

I smoke about 4-5 times a week, partly for stress and partly because I love ganja :). Also my mom died when I was in the 6th grade and I never had any counseling but weed has definitely helped me get over it like nothing else has.

Me too, well I did. I'm on a little bit of a t-break right now... Gotta keep those grades up! But I smoke for fun and because it helps with depression and it really helps my joint pain (I've had arthritis since I was 15, drug-induced arthritis actually... Because of a synthetic Rx that I needed for something else...Damn pharm. companies).
Sorry about your Mom though :/ I don't know WHAT I would do if I lost my Mom. I'd encourage counseling along with the self-medicating though, it helps to get to the ROOT of the problem instead of just masking the symptoms. But honestly, just smoke when you feel the need, and as long as you can balance your life with smoking, you're golden :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users