How to Clone

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dorklover664, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Thanx bro...Pics are very helpful

2. So I went and got a clone today and the roots were thriving from the bottom so I planted it in a container and gave it a little water. My question is when should I move it from florescent to metal hailed.

3. What a great thread.

Without going off-topic too far I'd like to know if anyone has experience cloning deep into flower?

I'm working with a single chamber and I have time between grows as its all just for light personal use. It'd be nice to clone late to setup the next grow.

- Can I take clones late into flower? (as late as 50-60 days of 75)
    - Beyond the time to revert back to veg, is there other issues with doing this?

Basically I'm in no hurry for a turn-around between grows.

Feel free to respond via a personal reply is that works better.

-FragileBob

4. My only question is I have successfully rooted clones, and transplanted them into soil but they have been sitting in the new pots for over a week and they haven't grown a bit... Any suggestions? The soil has nutrients in it, but do you think I need liquid nutrients to get them to take off? The fan leaves are getting quite yellow and I don't want to lose them...

5. hey your description was awesome.

i was wondering if anyone was willing to give me some advice.

i dont really have the money for a dome or root gel. but my plants are 4 days into flowering and i am thinking of taking clones.

if i were to just take a lower, inner branch, cut it at the node, and place into warm moist soil, under cfls....

would this not work>>.....

6. An improvised dome is a simple Baggie, not as good, but it's cheap. If you have at least $10 you can find a shorter one at simply Wally World if in the US.

Clonex or other rooting gel speed up the success of rooting clones. But that's not to say that simply keeping them moist doesn't work. You will find a greater mortality rate, but it does work.

Just have to keep on top of them. Don't cook'em with the heating pad, and don't let them dry out. A Rockwool or some other version of root cube does help though. They don't like to sit in a glass of water (though I have), but getting that right air/moisture ratio is important.

Just give it a shot if money is an issue. Remember it's a weed... and a pretty resilient one at that.

-FragileBob

7. how long does it take or clones to start growing roots? can I get like a day by day analysis?