Does your boyfriend/girlfriend cry or complain too much?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by blow your mind, Sep 23, 2011.

1. From what I've seen a lot of blades on here are having trouble with their significant other crying too much or having "issues". This is just my personal opinion and I know a lot of people will get all bent out of shape and call me insensitive or whatever but come on now, if your boyfriend or girlfriend claims that they're "depressed" because their daddy didn't pay enough attention to them or because they don't look like a Victoria's Secret model and as a result they think their life sucks, you're probably better off without them.

Think about it. Do you really want to be with someone who lets every little thing and insecurity get to them? I wouldn't. I don't have the time or the patience for it. I've traveled to different countries, seen real live poverty and depressing issues with my own eyes, and yeah I've been though "a lot" but I did what I thought was the right and practical thing to do, I got the fuck over it and learned how to love MYSELF. Guess what, you can't fix someone with a million tiny little issues even if you think that's what they need. You just can't. Chances are they're not even in love with you, they're in love with the idea and the attention. I can understand having a bad day every once in awhile and taking care of your significant other but when it becomes an actual problem that's when it's time to tell them to pack their baggage up and get the fuck out.

Do you think "perfect, happy" people don't ever feel alone or get depressed? Everyone does, we're all human. We just have to get over our little pity parties and start looking at what we have and all the positive things in life and APPRECIATE THEM instead of being blinded by stupid shit.

I'm just saying.

2. Find me a girl that 'DOESN'T' complain too much!

3. They're out there, you just have to look hard and treat the right ones good. Don't waste your energy on the dumb ones and you'll be all good.

4. [quote name='"blow your mind"']They're out there, you just have to look hard and treat the right ones good. Don't waste your energy on the dumb ones and you'll be all good.[/quote]

You don't have an opinion, you're a girl. You can't say they're out there because you are one of them. Every girl complains too much, it's how they are raised ( by other girls) . I agree with you though that you should just break up because it's all the same shitanyways. Pussy is pussy. Think about it

5. Why do girls always try to attack other girls

6. My girlfriend is a drama queen bitch...

I just tell her to shut up and turn my Xbox on...

7. Insecurities, I said "significant other" though so chill out, if I made it gender specific it's cuz there's more guys on here.

8. Lol well for a grown and smart man you sound pretty dumb. Guess you haven't gotten any good pussy my amigo.

9. the past 2 girls ive been with have both been pretty depressed and it has nothing to do with me. it comes from a shitty upbringing and its not something u can just shake off because you have a bf that makes you happy. so ive pretty much accepted it and dealt with it and try to be there for them when they are feeling down.

the complaining too much thing doesnt apply here, im just talking about the girls ive been with being depressed and sad a lot.

10. uh... complaining pretty much comes with having a relationship, its unavoidable. relationships are definitely overrated lol

11. yes. bitching will always be a part of relationships. thats why i smash, and dash.

12. Stop being so simplistic about everything.

Turning around to your bf/gf and telling them to cheer the fuck up and deal with it, is one of the most selfish things you can do. You act as if people with depression and eating disorders choose to do this to themselves. They aren't hurting themselves because they're selfish. Their behaviours are reflection of how the person suffering feels about themselves inside. Wonderful spouses, kids, supportive friends have little influence (other than sometimes temporarily) in creating the true self-esteem required for permanent recovery, to cope with life positively, and to learn to believe that we deserve good things in life and happiness.

You don't know what's going on in someone else's head.
    If someone claims they are depressed as you put it, you should listen and support them.. not judge them and criticize them. Even if someone is having a bad day and claims they feel 'depressed', sit down and just listen.

Jaysis whatever about being 'insensitive'.. have some compassion about you.

13. My girlfriend and I, get married on our anniversary every year for the last 37 years, really just an excuse for a great party, 200+ guests last year, and yes she's now got 37 gold wedding rings....our little woodstock, but then you can do that when you smoke MJ....lol

peace

"V"

14. Depressed about what though? Everyone feels depressed, I don't care if you're the Dali Lama or some white middle class seventeen year old, it's part of life. Yeah I grew up without a good home, I basically grew up watching my own back all the time and I learned how to make it on my own without making a big pity party out of every little thing. Maybe I had it bad growing up but I can think of millions of people who have real reasons to complain and feel depressed.

Trust me, I'm a compassionate person but hearing the same old shit time after time gets old. Sorry you're not a size zero or you don't look like Brad Pitt and your father never paid attention to you, the world is still revolving though so move on.

15. If you have overcome personal issues, well done.
    But.. it does not in any circumstance give you the right to stigmatize other people's pain. You will NEVER know what's going on in someone else's head, so stop acting like you do.
    People don't have to justify their pain/mental health and it's because of attitudes like yours that some people are so ashamed to talk about their mental health.

16. [quote name='"Twee"']

If you have overcome personal issues, well done.
    But.. it does not in any circumstance give you the right to stigmatize other people's pain. You will NEVER know what's going on in someone else's head, so stop acting like you do.
    People don't have to justify their pain/mental health and it's because of attitudes like yours that some people are so ashamed to talk about their mental health.[/quote]

Agreed

17. Meh get over the shame or the fear, you've gotta face it at some point. It doesn't matter if someone is so understanding and basically holds your hand throughout everything or if you have to face it in a challenging environment, in the end it's up to how YOU feel and how YOU'RE going to deal with it.

Let me clarify that the whole point of this thread was about people complaining and crying over juvenile things. If you're crying because of juvenile things such as not having a good body then stop crying, put down the doughnut, and start working out. Problem solved and self confidence achieved for the most part. If you're crying because Billy Bob decided to have sex with some other girl then don't let it ruin your entire life, move on with your pride intact.

I don't really have any compassion for situations like that, however if it's something deep like you watched your mother get murdered in front of you or you got beat up and thrown on the side of the road like a piece of trash then that's a whole different story.

18. everyone complains about stupid shit, EVERYONE.... its not about the complaining, its more about how you deal with other peoples complaining..... its a simple part of life