what are some good OLD pc games to play?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Captainbasch420, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hocus Pocus, Jill of the Jungle, Crystal Caves, Huggo who Dunnit, CD Man, Cosmos Cosmic Adventures, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Earthworm Jim, GTA: 2, Tzar: Burden of The Crown, AOE 2 or 3, Red Alert 2. Games like those were pretty good. Too bad my Commodore got fried.

2. Neverwinter nights!

Sent from my XT1032 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Rogue is absolutely classic.

4. #64 burned one, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    Commander Keen!

Apogee Software...fucking classic man

Edit: Someone beat me to it so I'll add a few others.

Full Throttle
    Comanche: maximum overkill
    Duke nukem 2
    Cyberdogs

5. Currently playing

Pre alpha testing for shroud of the avatar, which is a UO remake by lord British himself

Only got 4 hours sleep. Time for more :ph34r:

-yuri

6. Has anybody said minefield yet? Doom? Quake? Oregon Trail? <_<

7. Literally all of those have been mentioned. What thread you lookin' at, guy?

Ok I'm gonna throw some games out there no one has mentioned yet I think.

What about Wing Commander and Elite?! Two awesome space sims that have sequels and stuff. Highly recommended.

Also Star Wars: Tie Fighter, and Star Wars: X-Wing. I played the hell out of these as a kid, used to just fly around shooting AI ships for hours.

Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance is a newer space sim. Another amazing game that is seriously worth playing. The best Star Wars space sim, IMO.

Mechwarrior 2! Big giant robots shooting each other. Play this game, just do it. Another childhood favorite of mine.

A few others worth mentioning:

The Lost Vikings
    Captain Claw
    Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
    Gruntz
    Get Medieval
    Chip's Challenge, lol
    Sim City 2000

I could probably keep going. I'm sorry if some of those have been said, but I think most of them haven't.

8. #68 burned one, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    Double

9. Sonic R is my favorite. I've been trying to find it online forever so if anybody finds it or has it hook me up

10. Counter-Strike Source.  Still has a large and active community.

11. Dude, this guy is clearly a genius. Crystal caves was baller. Don't eat the poison mushrooms(not the good kind). They make you sick, remember? As for commander keen, 1-6 baby. Both my sisters and I still talk about keen 4...

12. One more thing-does anyone remember Monster Bash? You are that kid with the slingshot that hunts zombies and saves the pets from them? Apogee was the shit.