health stone glass vs. oil dome

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by indytoker420, Sep 21, 2011.

1. one last thing, what lightro u using? think im doing this now

2. Vector urbano. Can get em around 25-30. It's a triple flame which is what is recommended. I've had mine over a year, amazing lighter.

3. thanks alot man u kick ass!!

4. Does no one know what a Vapor Wand is ? Everyone here seems to be using the Health Stone glass in the worst pay possible. The reason for the stone is so you dont have to use butane because its meant to hold concentrates. The stone being vaporized with the wand is one of the cleanest hits you will ever get. Its a shame to hear some people have owned this Health Stone glass pieces and having been using butane torches and lighters to burn it. They are really missing out.

5. You would lose a good chunk of the hit if you used a wand. Only part would vaporize and the rest would just sit in the stone. Hence why a 3 flame torch is recommended. Heats up that stone, not just the wax.

6. I use my health stone literally all the time. Give it a chance and like i did, you too will take side with the health stone, much easier and faster, and what you fail to realize is that butane is being BURNED, producing CO2 and oxygen....aka no butane. Do your research first haters

7. you can't say it doesn't have a taste though man, thats the main issue here I think. I could care less if butane if harmful to me or not, i smoke cigarettes haha I'm obviously an idiot :D
    but I definitely don't like inhaling even a teeny amount of butane, because I can taste it very strongly and it ruins the taste of the bud/oil/whatever you're smoking on IMO

8. ive got a healthstone hand vape (now and later purple) Healthstone sherlock (red elvis and papporazzi) Vapor bomb slide, and a mili slide. also bought a bunch of seconds slides and gave em out to my friends. thats how much i love my healthstones! :)
    Still have a beer rig and sheldon black nail and a V3 nail with the thin fin upgrade. switch off frequently, but if im on the move its healthstone all day baby! and what was mentioned about the vector triple flame is so very true! i have 3 of those aswell.

9. I would get a Globe nail/ setup all day if i could only do one.

I understand the convenience of health stone being u can just blast it w/ a torch vs torching a nail or even plate w/ a fuckn torch then doing this and that etc....

....But the one of the main reasons for nail /skillet setup is to get away from having a chance of inhaling butane. The fucked up part is u look like a crack head lol.

If indeed the health stone creates oxygen and or C02, has it been tested and is there fact stating how much oxygen and or c02 is created. I know they test BHO for impurities and have found many to be as pure as can be and of course some that are tainted.

Its gonna all change soon guys.....:D

10. Well when butane is fully burned the only byproducts are co2 & water, which are perfectly healthy. So if the butane fully combusts before reaching your errl, i would assume your safe, but a dome or skillet is still the obvious winner in my book.
    And as far as testing bho, most clubs only test for active compunds(thc, cbds, etc) as testing for solvent would require another test, and therefore cost them more money. So they usually dont test for solvent, and ive heard from a caregiver that supposedly no bho is ever butane free. Again this is just what i was told, but he said no lab/dispensary has ever had a butane extract that didnt have atleast a few ppm of butane(parts per million), hence why they dont even test for tane at most places. Again just what i was told, take it as an opinion not fact. But honestly i kinda believe it, makes sense that a tiny portion of tane could get trapped within your product...but idk. Not enough tane to keep me away ;)

11. Not supposed to be rapeing your sap/wax with flame anyway. Keep some distance between your vector LIGHTER (not torch) and the stone and product and your golden. I mean, we're not combusting weed here folks.

12. I've never liked the idea behind healthstones. I prefer the nail.

Radiant heat > butane IMO

13. Since we're all worried about butane, I'm sure their is some minute amount that drops past the fins of a nail. I mean tane is heavier then air, so technically would there be some tane waitin for ya in your rig?

14. Dont use a butane torch and dont smoke bho so no.

lol

15. [quote name='"LilJ86"']Since we're all worried about butane, I'm sure their is some minute amount that drops past the fins of a nail. I mean tane is heavier then air, so technically would there be some tane waitin for ya in your rig?[/quote]

Unlikely, since the tane cumbusts as its leaving the torch. Id be more concerned about butane being shot through a hsg while youre actually inhaling instead of being used passively to heat a nail/skillet.

16. My point exactly ^

17. hearthstones are awesome but if you are only getting one thing spend good money on a oil rig for your bong if your getting a dome make sure you order a good torch, and and titanium nail.. i personally use a bell rig on my roor and a GPEN for easy hits

18. #58 toker II MAN, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    Been reading these posts for a couple of months now. I love my nail and globe rig. Been wondering about a healthstone. Well, I broke down and bought one locally. It is THE BOMB!! Although the taste is not quit as good as the nail, my point is to get medicated. Having to set up the bong and torch and getting the right amount on the dabber as opposed to the quick hit of the healthstone where I can take 3 hits in the time of one bong makes me most often choose the healthstone. That said, I will never give up my bong/nail/globe. I also use bongs and pipes for my bud. In the end, if you can afford it, buy both! They are different and both very useful tools. Also: I use a bic for my bud pipes and bongs so I don't see the difference.

19. Since price is no object, do the right thing and support your local glass artists and get the dome. Fuck commercialized smoking apparatuses. Hand made by an American glass FTW. Plus glass does not impart any unwanted flavor on your sweet, sweet concentrates.