health stone glass vs. oil dome

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by indytoker420, Sep 21, 2011.

1. I'm wondering which to get, if i get an oil dome i'd have to get a 45 degree dome, titanium nail and dabber for around 150-200 on *******, or a health stone glass slide for around 100, price is no big deal, more function and such, love to hear some feed back because honestly i could go either way right now, thanks

2. anyone have any input at all???

3. the thing about healthstones is this, to ignite the oil u are spraying butane right into the stone. I dunno how unhealthy that is, but it definitely has to effect the taste a little

4. so its called "healthsone" and you spray butane in it? lol

5. if thats true, then that sounds like it defeats one of the points of oil, which is that its healthier for you.

And if using a butane lighter isnt good for ya, I cant imagine what its like just spraying butane directly onto something

6. yeah their name always made me think too, how healthy is it when you are like spraying butane straight onto the stone. People will tell you "oh well you only put the flame on the stone for a split second" well thats still exposure to butane where as if you are just dabbing on a dome or using a curve you dont get

7. I actually really like the health stone. I keep my torch at a good distance and it still burns, never got the taste of butane though. It's really useful and easier to handle, just freebase your concentrates right on there and hit :D

8. Is it possible to clean the stone? If not how long does it last?

9. #9 SmilingAardvark, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    Considering the Health Stone is completely inert, it doesn't give off any kind of residue or vapors of any kind from being heated. It lasts quite awhile and you can always buy replacements online. The stone itself is easily removed with a little tap.

:bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

[​IMG]
    I think it's really cool, you can find similar bowls for around $70+ online. :D

10. not too concerned about butane or gas because i use a bic/torch everyday for burning or cigarettes, more concerned about effectiveness and such, i just want a professional way to burn concentrates instead of just putting it on top of bud

11. If you want the lazy way out (nothing wrong with it, I prefer it myself :D) I really do suggest the health stone. I mean it's literally like smoking bud. You just throw it in there and light. :)

12. yeah newports will kill me before any small amount of butane (that's technically already getting burnt in the flame) could ever start to harm my lungs will, thanks! :)

13. pretty sure there is still butane in the oil you smoke, i have a really hard time believing that every micron of butane has been purged out.

14. Well, I'm sure there's still some in there but I mean you were getting plenty more smoking buds with a bic or torch and i used to taste that butane, man did I taste the shit out of it :D hahah, but I have yet to get a taste of butane, just quality concentrates. Maybe it filters the butane too (joke) ! hahah :smoke:

15. Always been intrigued by the healthstone. Im guessing a glass wand will not work? I have seen people suggest a triple flame torch for a better hit.

Butane turns me off a lil, but since you don't mind go for it. If you haven't you tubed it look at the weed reports vid on it, says flavor is awesome if I remember correctly.

Also just a neat vid with a guy doing some camera tricks with one on a pillar......pretty sure the title is "healthstone on a pillar" lol

And for the record (not that my opinion has too much weight) I'm not completely sold on any method of taking straight bho. Sorry for any unnecessary hijacking of your thread.

16. Na dude no worries I'm just trying to have a chill discussion about the healthstone, there are a lot of up tight stoners on the city of grass in my own experience (which is annoying and confusing at the same time, maybe they just hit a dry spell annnnyways) yeah twr is awesome chubbs is way cooler though but thanks for all your input everyone I'm definitely gonna order a healthstone instead of the dome/adapter/ti nail/dabber, end up saving some cash as well, thanks again dudes! :)

17. Let us know how that baby rips! Don't forget to get a torch too! :D

18. I've found (worn-in) health stones work fairly well for kief or dry-sift hash, too, when you want something 'right now' and don't feel like processing it further, and you happen not to have any bud handy with which to use your hash as a topper... :p

19. also when you using a torch that has a blue flame, it's efficiently burns the butane off, i use to use a torch when lighting bowls, but you hold it quite aways away, same w the healthstone

20. The small, triple flame lighter-style vector torch is the ideal tool for using the HealthStone. It makes a world of difference. I used to really dislike the Healthstone because of all of the butane I felt was potentially being inhaled with my bigger torch.

Anyway, I have since become a fan of their slides/work. Here's some of my favorite pieces in my collection:

This was a custom ordered one for my bubbler. The work was done by San Diego artist, Beetlesuess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This claim-catcher slide is worked by Texas artist, Stoke.
    [​IMG]