TLS or Mystical Experience?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Sep 21, 2011.

1. it may not be true in the same ways now.....

or i could say ...it may apply in a different way to your current situation....

shit happen....
    life changes as we go along.....

what works now...may be of no use tomorrow.....
    or we may find a whole new way to use it tomorrow.....

i personally believe it all depends upon the individual..... and what you make of it.....

seek and your ass will find...
    if you look for how it can/will apply ....you will find a way.....

if you dont look....... it may or may not find you......

2. This made me think of-
    Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow ~Funkadelic (good times  :smoking: )

-Besides that DD I agree-

Sometimes the lights all shinin' on meeeee, sometimes I can barely seeeee-what a long strange trip its been..Grateful Dead

3. Interesting how we describe things in like the same way...first of all, with everything being orchestrated into being exactly as it was supposed to be. As well as the subtlety thing. I felt like I was somehow going into subtler layers of reality, where significance was to be found in smaller and smaller details, that were somehow out of the range of my normal ability to perceive. It's been a cyclical, on off thing for me as well. Only thing is, now it has really been quite a long time, and I don't even exactly have the same mindset...I now honestly don't know if it will come back...I hope so...

Which relates to...

Maybe this is what it comes down to..actively trying to see how it could be occurring in my life. I think I may have developed a certain aversion to these ideas. Because when I was having these experiences before, and these insights, I honestly thought everything was going to change drastically...at least in my life, maybe in the world...having had those thoughts, and having them seemingly confirmed many times, to be brought back to where I am now, I think has made me develop a certain aversion to pursuing it again, out of some feeling of 'being let down' perhaps.

Though the old me would say it is these thoughts/feelings which is projecting it onto my reality...lol...though that is basically an impossible argument to defeat, as any position you take as an interpretation of reality, you can say that you're projecting it by thinking it...so you can't really defeat that argument, as the fact of your having a different position allows one who has that position to say you're projecting onto your reality things that seem to confirm it.

4. Do you think it has something to do with kundalini?

5. #105 TesseLated, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014

Yeah, I think a large part is perception-it's way more intense-kind of like when you're on acid-but much calmer and not a mind fuck.That's the only thing I can compare it to-to give a frame of reference.

It's made me think a lot about perception though and how it relates to our level of consciousness. What if your reality just changes with a consciousness shift? Makes sense to me.  I mean, I could live in that reality (state of being) fine if I could go up in the mountains of Tibet and chill. That would be another fuckin' world!!..haha. 

I can't sleep unless I have something to keep me to sleep at night now. If not, I just stay awake and its like a switch-I stay 'on'. Within a day of not sleeping, it starts happening...'manic'. I don't accept that label though. I just do what I have to do to stay 'straight'. It's just too draining to do it and live with a schedule. There's no way to 'break free'. I feel like if I could go off maybe just for a while I could learn how to handle it better all the time. Maybe someday I will.

*Oh yeah-and what you were talking about when you said you were experiencing those smaller details kinds of things-I would call those 'synchronicities'. Happens almost every moment....it could almost...drive you crazy!   :laughing:

There are some that believe that's what it is..I associate with it most as 'waking up' because that's what it feels like. I should probably look into it. I just know for right now I can't live like that. If that's what it is I'd sure like to know how to manage it without going through the roof.

7. #107 TesseLated, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014

Based on current neuroscientific research, Eugen Drewermann developed in two monumental volumes (Modern Neurology and the Question of God), published in 2006 and 2007, a radical critique of traditional conceptions of God and the soul and a sweeping reinterpretation of religion in light of neurology.<sup>[10]</sup>
    However, it has also been argued "that neurotheology should be conceived and practiced within a theological framework."<sup>[11]</sup>
    Various theories regarding the evolutionary origin of religion and the evolutionary psychology of religion have been proposed.
    \nThis is all interesting information..........and after that as well, The conflict of powers that be vs. what is happening here might be also.  :laughing:
    \nIn the PM's earlier, you had reminded me of this info, and I was choosing to see it in a different way, Although, now that I've read it again-I see how it goes together. I get wrapped up in getting others to understand what I'm saying. That all these perceptions actually mean something/constitute something real. I've been told something from the people diagnosing a mental disorder that what I think is unacceptable over and over. More to say about what's it's like when I go in there...lol..not an unpleasant experience at all getting know people in there on the same plane. I've always had a great abd insightful time with them. It's a very interesting place....like a lab. When this first happened the psychiatrists ( I saw about six) said that a 'channel was opened up that shouldn't have been' ........... Pathway? ;)  wtf. That's from my parents now.They wouldn't make that up. I try not to read into it, but then it is there.
    \nI tend to think about what Warhol and McKenna said along those lines..about the 'channel'.
    At any rate, I think there is much more to say about it than I can type right now..haha. I'm just going to PM you the rest. It's fucking 4 in the morning and have to get up in an hour and a half.. Like you said-we tend to keep these things to ourselves anyway. I wonder why? < insert sarcasm emote>
    \n I hope I can stop thinking..pffft..Isn't that a bit of an odd thing to say? <long sardonic laugh>
    \n~~~~~~~~~~~I kind of know by now whether I can sleep or not-it doesn't look like it at this point-fuuuuu-damnit-where's the coffee. I have a headache.......ahahahaha

8. when i was a teen at an arcade..... drinking which lowers the seizure threshold.....
    i blacked out ...complex partial status....this was the first time i woke up in a hospital tied to a bed with them telling me how i had fought everyone trying to get me there.....while i remembered none of it .....
    they took me to a mental hospital where i spent 2 weeks....
    they told me all kinds of things were wrong with me ....
    once i saw thru their game it took me no time to talk my way out of there....just telling them what they want to hear....
    tho while i was there....they did an EEG on me.... the neuro came and told me they saw an abnormal pattern in my temporal lobe... but they didnt know what it was exactly and told me no more..... turns out that in the 80s they still were not so sure about partial seizures.... i wasnt actually diagnosed until 15 years later when i blacked out and crashed the truck....

tend to keep these things to ourselves.....
    started when i was little.... the only way to explain the dejavu was that it was like a flashback to a dream i had before i could talk..... and it showed me everything that was going to happen... what people were going to say.... i tried telling this to an adult or two when i was littel explaining to them about how i would see these flashes from my dreams...how i felt that every one dreamed their whole lives and every one they would meet before they could talk..... the responses i got then kinda made up my mind to keep that shit to myself....