All about TOOL

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by setch, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Lol no release date yet, and no they havent broken up hahaha, they have a monthly, very detailed news letter on their website that keeps you as up to date as tool will let you be hahahah. Sounds like Danny and Adam spent the last month up in Alaska fishing lol

2. Nice haha, guess I could've looked to the interweb for those answers. It's never failed me. Lol

3. Yea, the big M is on tour, or just finished a tour with APC, hes not currently working on anything for puscifer, cept maybe going on tour...

The new album is already in the works, they say they (not confirmed, but hinted towards heavily) already have part of a few songs recorded... Doesnt mean much though.... its tool... they could release it in fucking like 5 years lol....

Tool, and Wintersun..... need to release their fucking next albums, wintersuns album... ive been waiting for 7 years for........ and its their second fucking album lol

4. man i seen tool twice live there the best band hands down. I don't see how anyone could find Maynard's voice annoying

5. Aenima is their masterpiece for sure, and Opiate is quite awesome. Their other albums havent grabbed me quite as much as those 2.

6. Undertow and Aenima are the greatest TOOL albums to date!

7. everytime someone posts in here i have to play some tool lol

8. The new album better come out in the next year it ima be sad

9. Knowing Tool... it wont hahahahahahhaa

10. No one has even posted a song here...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcW-j7KFgY&feature=related]Tool - Lateralus (Highest Quality HD) - YouTube[/ame]

There we go.

11. Probably a toss up between tool and nin for the best band of my generation.

12. My shadowwww!!!!!!!!!!

13. such a great song..... bending on the idea of evolution, and how we are evolving... and how it... isnt physical anymore, but mental

I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside coming in... I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleanse (what) ive endured within

14. Listen to the patient, its about a patient at a psyce ward

15. #36 SIRSOG, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011

and the song 4 degrees is about what happens to the human mind if the body temperature is raised 4 degrees, (when you begin to hallucinate and lose connection with reality about 103 degrees (technically 102.8 = 4 over normal but, its enough)

and how the fever is designed to kill the infection, but can easily kill you first.....

"knock me down, i just come back running (the fever), knock you down, and it wont be long now (if i get too high, you die, end of fucking story)

but the patient is about being patient lol.... read the lyrics they all intend to make it seem like waiting has a benefit, aka being patient has its rewards.

"If there were no rewards to reap, (through being patient)
    no embrace to see me through, (again, through being patient)
    this tedious path I’ve chosen here, (of being patient
    I certainly would’ve walked away, by now. (because i ran out of patience)

Fuckin love tool lol

16. with my feet up on the ground I lose myself between the sound and open wide to suck it in I feel it move across my skin

17. The song disposition has helped me become a more extroverted person. All you gotta do is mention something. Anything. Watch the weather change (the other person's impression of you changes)

18. Im reaching up and reaching out. Im reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.

Lol odd you chose a lyric that goes before one of my LARGEST motto's in life

Reach for that which you do not know, not that which you do, or you will be forever in your zone of comfort, and comfortable people are fucking snobby brats (my interpretation lol)

19. oh, and i hope we are all aware that the song Lateralus, is written in the Fibonacci sequence, which in itself is fucking super super hard to begin attempting to do