White Widow and more perpetual.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by madman2067, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hey there madman. dropping by to say hello. :wave:

One thing i am noticing.... Your plants are small, much smaller than your space can support. Why is that?

I think you should concentrate on vegging a little longer.

2. #22 madman2067, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    LOL now there is a funny story behind that. I took some advice at face value and only counted 4 leaves (which I thought, or how it was explained to me were nodes) so that poor WW in the center got topped WAY too early, and from subsequent over zealous super-cropping I managed to pull those 3 small clones you see off of her.

Now the clones were another story entirely, I wanted to see the SOG potential of that WW pheno. Which as you can see, short, FAT, buds, but this next set through I will put in WW vegged at 1mo 2mo and 3mo flower for 8 weeks and see the best veg/flower : yeild ratio

Thanks tons for the input GB i appreciate it!

So since i got yah :p I wanted to know what you thought about this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E63710/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&m=A3VTE9RTFS7WGL"]Blackstar 500w [/ame] I am seriously thinking about going to LED because of heat and power issues, just wondering what you thought about that.

Thanks! :bongin::yay::smoking:

3. I think you are going to find, the longer you veg, the happier you are going to be.

I dont use LED lights. Until 90W UFO's come down in price to about 50 bucks each, you wont see me using LED lights.

I utilize the added heat from my HPS to warm my space in the colder months. If I ran LED's I would have to run a heater, which is way more expensive than running my 400W HPS.

I dont know how much power is an issue where you are but i can run (2) 400W lights, a 100W veg room, and several high power fans for less than 100 bucks per month electric usage.

4. The cost of the AC unit roaring constantly is what concerns me more than the wattage of the light. 600W HPS in a 3x3 tent is near impossible (for me atleast) to keep cool. So instead of running a hot light that requires lots of AC, I am considering LED's...

I completely agree with you on price, it is quite ridiculous because the tech behind it isn't new, but maybe the study of it is for plant use. This to me is unavoidable now, since I live near others they can see my constant AC running, even when it's cold and that raises issues. I am a Medical Patient and I am authorized where I live to consume/grow it but that doesnt protect me from ignorant landlords, theft, or threats (this hasnt happened YET). So this forces me to take a different path, I am not at all impressed by CFL's so that isnt an option, and seeing MX's awesome garden shows LED's DO work. So i am just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one and fork out for some LED's but at least I am only lighting a 3x3 space.

Thanks as always for you help GB! :smoke:

5. Good luck with the LEDs, ive heard varying results with them. Looking forward to see how they work out for you

6. My 8800 BTU indoor ac works pretty well and doesn't hurt the pocket too bad. Maybe 22-28 extra a month set @ 78. The actual ac only blows for about 15mins out of every hour. The blower is constantly blowing air tho.

7. Sup! I see a couple of my homies are hangin' out over here. Gonna pull up a chair myself....[​IMG]

8. Hey man thanks for Stopping by, and i'm glad you subbed in :smoke: I am almost done with the first round, I have about I week left on the White Widow, and who knows when the Afghan will be done.

So I got Some equipment today! My Veg tent and T-5 along witha new fan. I will have to post Some Pics Later when I get a chance. In Some other exiting news I got my tablet that I Wanted for School It is the Asus Eee Pad State ep121 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HKIIFI/sr=8-1/qid=1317273567/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1317273567&sr=8-1&seller="]Here[/ame] This thing is unreal I freaking love It! there is nothing on the market that even Compares to this. I had to opt-out of getting those LED that I had mentioned Since this was so expensive. Well guys Its late and I need to get Some Sleep.

9. Well guys , I just chopped the big Widow today, all out of smoke but I had a nice bit growing and taking the one plant wont hurt my total yield too much. She Weighed out to 3 zips wet, which is enough to hold me over for a few more weeks while I wait for my other girls to finish.

I would have loved to take some pics before I chopped her and after but my Shitty Camera went Tits up. hopefully I will have Some new pics UP for you all soon Whenever I find anew Camera.

10. a few oz wet probably means a few grams dry. You lose a ton of weight.

11. Yeah, I figured as much but it should be enough to hold me over until the rest is ready. :smoke: the mama hasn't gained any bulk for over two weeks, she was also Showing 1:10 amber to Cloudy Crystals so it wasn't too-too early, and I have been vaping it and she is already narcotic.

12. :hello::yay::metal: Well I chopped the Afghan a few days ago and dried her out. Got 38.8g dry off her, can't believe got over a zip out of her.

GB, think you can appreciate the size of the new mamma l put in to flower yesterday. lam still working on getting a camera to get some new pics out there. The 3 WW Clones are still going and I am gonna wait as long as I can to chop them, I should have enough to hold we over until next harvest.

Well guys, I will post again when I get some new pics.

Peace:smoke:

13. #33 madman2067, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    :wave::hello::smoke:Update time!!:hello::wave:

Grab Some cannacorn and kick them feet up. No seriously, this is a long one.

I know you all have been waiting quite a while for a photoupdate so here it is all 29 glorious techni- color photos.

So this is my new and improved cloner here.
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]
    Here are Some of my new Hood which has helped my temps tons!
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]

Here are some overview of the tents.
    [​IMG]
    update 034 by madman2067, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    update 031 by madman2067, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    update 029 by madman2067, on Flickr
    Here are Some of my new Veg Tent
    [​IMG]
    update 030 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 028 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 027 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 026 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 025 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 023 by madman2067, on Flickr
    Here are some of the flower tent. Only the 3 clones and one seed started 9/18 and one started 10/4.
    [​IMG]
    update 022 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 021 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 020 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 019 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 018 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 017 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 016 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 015 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 014 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 013 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 012 by madman2067, on Flickr

Ok... Catch your breath, and put your dick down. This is the last of H. It is a pic of some of my WW and a pic over a pic of the bud while it was other plant.
    [​IMG]
    update 007 by madman2067, on Flickr[​IMG]
    update 006 by madman2067, on Flickr

Well I hope you guys liked it. Sorry it's been so long between updates. You guys think I did alright the first time?
    Well time for bed

Peace :smoke:

14. Dude that is looking way nice man. Shit looks bomb. I can only hope mine comes out as nice as yours did.

15. wow they have came up a lot since the last time I saw them. Keep it up man!
    What nutes are you using and how much/often?

I like the side by side tents. I kind of have the same thing goin.
    the only thing I would say is to remove that leaf material in the pots that the sprouts are in. You dont want to start getting a mold or fungus. =)

16. :D Hey thanks man! These are the results from a lot of money and tons of Love ;)

Thanks for Stopping by 420! :wave: I use a less is more Strategy when it comes to feeding my girls. use Fox Farm's Ocean forest soil with Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big. I feed every 3rd watering, or if I notice they need it, which most of the time I don' t. Even if I dont have the best methods I got some good results! :D

Well guys, need to get ready for School. Peace :wave::smoke::smoking:

17. that WW looks like it could use a haircut. Otherwise, things are looking mighty green in here.

18. Here's your moment of Zen.

[​IMG]

19. Wow....lots of pics.......let me go back and catch up.....

20. :wave:
    Very nice grow, Mad dude! :hello: Helluva update and great photos too!

So who's WW is that? I've grown Nirvana's and Females seeds' and neither had node spacing that tight!