White Widow and more perpetual.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by madman2067, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hey there guys, after giving it much thought I've decided to actually open my first journal. So let me just give your history here, I am a medical marijuana patient and this is my first attempt at growing. I've decided to stick with soil gone with HPS as my flowering light, I have a carbon filter for odor control, and the whole area is placed next to a air-conditioner.

So right now the two strains I'm growing are White Widow and Afghan Kush, I got the seeds from Nirvana. I'm attempting a perpetual system so I have a few mother plants and a bubble cloner. My first attempt at cloning was successful and you can see the results in the flowering tent right now. Those three clones were cloned from the center plant. I have one more clone from that plant growing in its own container, she is going to provide the clones for all other white widows. I also have a seeded Afghan that sexed male, so I am currently using Dutch Masters reverse on that plant, once I sex it female . She will be the mother for the Afghans.

Nutrients and soil:
    I'm using Fox Farms nutrients and soil, ocean forest for the soil, grow big Tiger bloom and big bloom for the liquids. I use filtered tap water that has been pH balanced that has been left open long enough to let the chlorine evaporate.

Grow areas and lighting:
    I am using a light proof tent that I bought from LED wholesalers, it measures 3'x3'x6'. I'm using a 600 watt HPS bulb. The two other containers are some Rubbermaid DIY containers that I saw on another thread on the site. those have 100 actual watts CFL bulbs in them.

Current plants in flowering tent:
    4x White Widow
    1X Afghan Kush

the attached pictures are 32 days flowering
    well, maybe I won't have any pictures can't seem to get them uploaded all I will just post this continue to try to post pictures.

2. here's some pics

Attached Files:

• 175.jpg
      175.jpg
      File size:
      538.3 KB
      Views:
    • 176.jpg
      176.jpg
      File size:
      479.5 KB
      Views:
    • 177.jpg
      177.jpg
      File size:
      496.9 KB
      Views:
    • 178.jpg
      178.jpg
      File size:
      135.4 KB
      Views:
    • 179.jpg
      179.jpg
      File size:
      483.9 KB
      Views:
    • 180.jpg
      180.jpg
      File size:
      228.1 KB
      Views:
    • 181.jpg
      181.jpg
      File size:
      327.2 KB
      Views:
    • 182.jpg
      182.jpg
      File size:
      596.8 KB
      Views:
    • 183.jpg
      183.jpg
      File size:
      209.3 KB
      Views:
    • 184.jpg
      184.jpg
      File size:
      159.6 KB
      Views:
  3. here's some more pics

Attached Files:

• 185.jpg
      185.jpg
      File size:
      349.6 KB
      Views:
    • 186.jpg
      186.jpg
      File size:
      228.9 KB
      Views:
    • 187.jpg
      187.jpg
      File size:
      336.2 KB
      Views:
    • 188.jpg
      188.jpg
      File size:
      219.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Hey here are some new pictures from this morning. Enjoy :) i sure am.

Attached Files:

5. hey guys, here's an update. I will add some pictures soon as I find my SD card.

on the 18th I added a new widowed of flower.

I pruned one of the plants back to reveal some of the lower bud sites. She looks like she's not going to be a very big producer.

The three clones look absolutely amazing. They haven't grown very much taller but the but sites are just getting fatter daily.

The Afghan has got bud sites just all over it. It doesn't seem to like the cool nights if the leaves are starting to turn purple though there is not much I can do about it.

I'll post again soon with some new pictures.

6. Here are some new pics!!! :smoke:

Day 40 12/12 for most cept the new one, it is on day 4.

Note: The Afghan in the back, doenst like the cold at all, however night temps are out of my control. She will still finish, probably light though.

Attached Files:

7. so I finally routed my air conditioner into my tent after getting some six-inch ducting. It has dropped the temperature of my tent dramatically during the day keeping it around a comfy 75F. . It looks really ghetto though, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

8. So here is a disclaimer: don't do business with Sky Enterprises, they will send you the wrong stuff, and talk down to their customers. I bought a tent for my momma's and clones and after extended shipping my package arrived today, which was much needed because my WW momma is HUGE and growing out of her container. So when I opened my package, to my dismay, it was a freaking baby gate... Im still fuming >.<

9. #9 madman2067, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    Well starting six weeks today! Gonna give you all some bud candy here when I wake up.

on another note, I need some advice on where and how to take cuttings for clones. I have successfully cloned before, I have 5 to show for it, but as you can see in the pictures above, i took clones too early from momma and I mutilated her. Fear not for those superb genetics are safe, I have a 7 week old clone that hasn't been trimmed once and she looks BEAUTIFUL, I almost don't want to trim her for some new cuttings. I will add pictures of her of her tomorrow as well. Thanks in advance for any advice, wow this hash i got is superb... haha

Peace :smoking:

10. Very nice looking grow you have here! I see a lot of nug on those beauties! Hope my plants can get as dense as those look! I am currently growing some pre 98 bubba kush.
    How long have these been in flower?

11. looking good so far man, hoping mine can look as healthy as yours have so far

12. Hey thanks 420 and I hope you enjoy the upcoming pics. I am at 42 days flowering for all but the labeled White Widow. The Afghan isnt quite as dense as the White Widows, but the White Widow is actually White Widow x BC Big Bud breeder called it White Widow Max that is why those buds are so dense!

Hey man thanks for stopping by, I hope your plants look great too. If i were you I would pick up a couple of George Cervantes' books they are great! That is why my little girls look so good!

13. UPDATE 1/3: Ok here is the 42 Day of Flowering Update! Prepare for PRON! :D

Attached Files:

14. Update 2/3:

Attached Files:

15. Update 3/3:

Attached Files:

16. Are you sure your afghan just isn't a little thirsty? I just ask you this because they originate from a cold climate during night.

17. Yeah it was the heat for sure, I moved her to a more protected portion of my tent and she is starting to look a lot better. Thanks though man I appreciate the input!

18. How cold was it? These things grow where it gets incredibly cold at night.

19. Got to the low 60's a couple times, now I keep her warm at 70 in the nights, she is much happier now.

20. Hmm weird. I don't think that be low enough for that droop. They flower this time of year in the hindu mountain region of Afghanistan.

Regardless glad she's fixed.