Break it down for me GC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ReadThis, Sep 15, 2011.

1. This may be lazy of me, but it's been on my mind. And I don't know where to start. Like any typical American, I know our economy is fucked. I know, voting is pretty much pointless.
    And like any typical person below the poverty line, I know our money is not being used in the most beneficial way.

What I need to know, with your help, is wtf is going on? Why are we still in a recession? What are these politicians doing with our money? What are the options to fixing our problems? Is there any hope?

2. #2 Arteezy, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    Read about the Federal Reserve. Mises.org is a great resource for this. I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but some books I would recommend are "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin & "The Great Depression" by Murray Rothbard. There are many others, but I haven't personally read them so I won't recommend them.

Some other resources to look at:
    Austrian business cycle theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://mises.org/journals/qjae/pdf/qjae13_3_4.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions.

--------------

EDIT: The short answer to your questions:
    - Politicians are using your money for their own political/economic/personal gains.
    - Options to fix the problem aren't really many right now, but, I would try and educate people around you, which would involve educating yourself first.
    - There is always hope.

3. [quote name='"kstigs"']

Read about the Federal Reserve. Mises.org is a great resource for this. I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands but some books I would recommend are "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin & "The Great Depression" by Murray Rothbard. There are many others, but I haven't personally read them so I won't recommend them.

Some other resources to look at:
    Austrian business cycle theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://mises.org/journals/qjae/pdf/qjae13_3_4.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions.

--------------

EDIT: The short answer to your questions:
    - Politicians are using your money for their own political/economic/personal gains.
    - Options to fix the problem aren't really many right now, but, I would try and educate people around you, which would involve educating yourself first.
    - There is always hope.[/quote]

Thanks. I won't let these resources.go to waste.

4. #4 ReadThis, Sep 15, 2011
    Woops mispost.

5. Wow wiki says Milton Friedman Regards the ABCT as incorrect? Learn something new everyday.

Sorry for not adding anything to the thread op, whats already posted is what i would have also shared.

6. If you REALLY want to know, pay attention to the one they call Peter Schiff.

Here is his testimony to Congress just yesterday on jobs:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgpq-lthpPQ]Take Two: The President's Proposal to Stimulate the Economy - YouTube[/ame]

His opening statement comes at 31:11 and he has LOTS of great lines throughout the video...

7. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk"]Keynesian vs Austrian Rap[/ame]

Quick breakdown for ya, watch this a few times look up the terms they use, etc. Honestly its all up to you to educate yourself and come to your own conclusions.

8. almost everything you were ever told was a lie.

9. What's going on? I'd like to know as well.

The most I can say is that we are in massive debt and instead of making any logical choices to fix it, our politicians make choices that please the people who line their pockets and make sure they stay in power. That's it. The American people are on the back burner in the list of priorities.

It would be appalling to see an exposé on the lavish lifestyles that most of our politicians live in.

Here's just one example if you'd like to see:
    http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2...lavish-lifestyle-match-his-country-boy-image/

10. Pay no attention to the people who say "the federal reserve is the root of all evil" the reason our country is in a very bad shape, is because of how much power and influence the free market and corporations have in this country.

What we live in now is an oligarchy system. A plutocracy as you wish. 1% of the richest people in this country owns majority(95%) of the countries wealth. The republican party has been bought out by the free market corporations, while the democrats have been bought by the bankers.

A third party needs to rise and if not this country will collapse just as the roman empire did. I want to believe the green party shall rise..not likely..but hopeful.

11. You say we've been bought by bankers yet you continue to support the federal reserve? Why support the agency which allowed them to become to large and powerful in the first place?

12. I'd say pay no attention to people who haven't a clue as to what they are talking about.

1- We don't have a free market
    2- Because of the Federal Reserve
    3- Corporations have their power - because they own the Federal Reserve who owns Government
    4- oligarchy? plutocracy? Thank the Federal Reserve, they, a small private group control our entire money supply and the value of our currency. The Fed is the very definition of those terms.
    5- The Federal Reserve is what gave the wealth to their friends and shareholders (see Bailouts). Inflation destroys the middle class and poor.
    6- We don't have a free market.

This Country is probably beyond fixing because we are broke and our fiat currency is worthless thanks to the Federal Reserve.

If you are serious in your posts, I feel sorry for you. If you are just trolling, good job I guess? :poke:

13. MJU i do not take you seriously. You believe in Milton Friedman economics.

Anyone who thinks trickle down economics works surely has no idea what hes talking about.

You should read some articles, and books on this man. Hopefully you will gain some knowledge and get educated.

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

I'm afraid you are wrong on both accounts. Good day.

15. You mean this guy?

[​IMG]

The undeniable, single reason were in a recession right now? You like the guys who's direct policies have led us to where we are today? Lewl

16. Hahaha.

Paul Krugman thinks that we should stimulate the economy by simulating forming a defense against space aliens. No, I'm not kidding.

HankMoody knows nothing, just like Krugman.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyW-o-Pr92M]New York Times Breaking News: Superhero Paul Krugman Saves World from Imaginary Alien Invasion! - YouTube[/ame]

17. Voting is never pointless. Change has to start sometime.

18. Why is that surprising? Milton Friedman is not an Austrian economist. He had many wrong ideas imo. Milton Friedman is of the Monetarist school. The Austrian theories are much better than the Monetarist theories, and both are far superior to Keynesian voodoo black magic.

19. #19 NasaJoe, Sep 15, 2011
  20. #20 iCremateCanabis, Sep 15, 2011
    Our country is ass backwards, foreign policy, economic and financial policy, monetary policy, drug policy, defense, civil liberties and rights, health care, homeland security, education, taxes, poverty, enviroment and energy, banking system, monopoly businesses, immigration corporations influencing the government including FDA and lobbying in congress, social security and benefits, seniors financial situation, inflation (devalue) of the dollar.

All these things are really important aspects of politics and essentially the reason they're in politics, to try and make things better, but instead they seem to get bought out by corporations almost all the time in congress by lobbying, and in presidental elections they donate millions. All these things are just ass back-wards, and a few are just extremely not proficient in anyway and need reformed and to be the best as possible...very few candidates or media or people talk about these issues, but Ron Paul and this forum does, so watch him and pick stuff up on here.

Also we're in a shitload of debt, mainly to China who may cash in on this NAFTA because they want to cash in on their debt. Wikileaks (a website for "whistleblowers" in banks, corporations, military branches, etc to upload stolen files from their computers and the site publishes them, and he's a big enemy, Julian Assange)....

China began buying gold last year in this case March, devalue our dollar and secure our debts to them Gold Buying in China Jumps as Inflation Flares, Boosting Demand, UBS Says - Bloomberg and now wikileaks has confirmed their reasons US embassy cable - 09BEIJING1134 Wikileaks Discloses The Reason(s) Behind China

for instance, our foreign policy, of invading countries on any grounds the CIA can sway us into... examples Gulf Of Tonkin (60 minutes did a report, this documentary sums it up interviews Secretary of defense during Vietnam war and reasons and "lessons" The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003) - IMDb ) and http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/doc1.pdf (CIA plan to bomb our cities and say Cuba did it, so we could justifiy going to war U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba - ABC News ) and our War On Terrorism which is bullshit, we overthrew Irans elected leader in 1953 to secure a dictator and secure BP, the interests were with british too, like many other things in the middle east. 1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Covert United States foreign regime change actions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (all real, with sources cited) and all these interventions in the past, aren't taught or talked about. Which makes healthy skepticism and questioning authority justified and with things like http://downingstreetmemo.com/docs/iraq_on_the_record.pdf 237 bush lies, known incorrect statements based on intel at the time, prepared by Rep Henry Waxman and the Oversight of government committee and reform.

There's conspiracy that 911 was a "false flag" like operation northwoods proposal was, but regardless, we're in a HUGE mess over there, stealing their oil, lying and giving USA citizens propaganda and very biased lies and exaggerations and reflections of the military, which can definitely be covert and lie that and propaganda is one of their most effective weapons in all their interventions. regardless if it was, we're destroying our economy and killing tons of soldiers, while also killing tons of innocent middle eastern citizens by bombs and even murder, making their lives hell, making it very easy to a real terrorist cell to recruit kids who hate their lives because they live in a crazy police state. The interests are there for corporations and our ally's for reconstruction and oil, we literally pay to blow up their towns and murder innocent civilians and pay to reconstruct it and police state it. We are influencing terrorism, we are the roo of it, us being there makes them TOTALLY capable of murdering tons of soldiers, and allows them to drain our economy to the max like they did to the Soviets when we intervened before.

This is just one of the issues with our policies, a very major one though because we have a budget of 700 billion for it a year, it's ruining our economy and effecting our other shitty policies even more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCxQziM9DA&feature=player_embedded]Ron Paul: Our CIA gave Libya over to Al Qaeda - YouTube[/ame]