Gardening Books FTW

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SoooHaggard, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Books are like 20 bucks. If u can invest in a grow book how are you going to afford a grow setup.

2. Dont plan on growing, Just like the idea. I would rather find an ebook online for free,If i can.before im forced to spend money on something i just want to read up on. Think smart save money any way you can never spend if something can be free.

3. Good looking thanks for the links any thing new comes up keep us informed.

4. Nice!! Keep them coming my man. Where did you get them?

5. #26 LumperDawgz2, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
    Seaweed & Plant Growth
    by T.L. Senn, Ph.D.

$14.00 at Acres USA Magazine (organic/sustainable agriculture publication and book store)

The author spent 55 years studying Kelp (marine algae) in the areas of both agriculture and horticulture.

[​IMG]

6. A lot of torrents.
    Which ended up frying my computer. I will have to start all over again. But in time I will be posting more.

7. That sucks man. I used to download from those things and got a virus and almost had to trash my brand new laptop. I steer clear now.

Great books though.

8. Sounds interesting. I've got to see how he filled the pages. Seems a narrow subject for an entire book. Overview?

9. Overview?

Overwhelming - from analyzing the various compounds Alginic acid, Mannitol, Laminaran, Fucoidan, et al. and then onto the specific enzymes it contains that chelate the 75 micro-nutrients found in Kelp.

Field studies from Europe, America, Asia, etc. Dr. Senn was involved in researching a process of extracting humic & fulvic acids which was successful but the amount of base material required was cost prohibitive but he established the presence of these acids created by the plant itself.

Other topics include Mineralization, Plant Growth Regulators (PGR), rooting compounds found in Kelp which are the ones synthesized and used in products like Clonex, Dip-n-Grow, KLN, et al.

Definitely worth the price, IMHO

LD

10. I Tried looking for an online PDF, Free e-book, shyt even buying an e-book isnt available. I tried searching amazon for a cheaper used version, and their used version was something like $78 dollars. LD does it again, the best possible book / information and the cheapest possible price. This is the next book that i read. Thanks again LD i greatly appreciate all your impossible help.

11. Grow Your Own Beneficial Indigenous Microorganisms and Bionutrients In Natural Farming

Gil Carandang

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beneficial-Indigenous-Microorganisms-Bionutrients-ebook/dp/B004SP1PIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327731817&sr=8-1"]Amazon Kindle Price - $9.99[/ame]

NOTE: You don't need a Kindle Reader just the software. Once you buy a Kindle book you can load it on your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. The purchase license has no restrictions as far as number of devices you wish to upload to.

12. Another mandatory read...

13. Especially for YOU! Just for sh*ts & grins, I perused several tropical fruits and the various compounds they contain.

Here's just one for you: Coconuts & Gibberellic acid: The Chemical Composition & Biological Properties of Coconut

Research from Natural Sciences and Science Education Academic Group, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

Coconuts should be pretty easy to source, eh? LOL

LD

14. I get cocos all the time from a friend of mine that lives down the street. I drink the juice then use the meat that i dont eat, and the husk in my compost. After i spray it with lacto of course. Thanks for the PDF format also. you know my cheap ass dont like spending more than $2 if i dont have to lol

15. Just out of curiosity, Do you run the scanner? or does is run all day constantly? How much info and space does that consume on your hard drive? what do you do for that? I can imagine you have infinite amounts of extremely useful information just inundating you by the second. at that rate even Phelps cant over come that type of flow lol

16. SeanDawg

I can enter up to 100 text strings as it's configured now which take a bit over 90 minutes to run, compile and export.

Disk space is a nothing - it's simply text files. As basic as it gets. The total file size from 100 searches, indexed, sorted, etc. is less than 500k and 300k of that is the file size on the PDF files.

Plus I've got 3 external drives with a total capacity of 2.75 terabytes. I also run all of the applications from a dedicated SSD (Stainless Steel Drive) that blows traditional drives out of the water with write/access speeds.

Next up is a Thunderbolt Drive using Intel's technology. Check out the numbers on this drive. When I bought a new machine last July I opted for the Thunderbolt ports and the first of the devices are being released.

LD

17. I think the OP posted a pdf of that. No? I'm going to check that one out.

18. Wonderful idea Haggard! I most definitely have some PDF's to contribute to this! I have always had the mindset of "what happens when the internet goes down?". Boy, will we be lucky to have a library of information (in PDF format) on our computers!!! I have class in a little bit, but will try to post a few links a little later today! It looks like LD definitely has the idea. I'm sure he has a bigger library of info about all of this than I ever will!!!But it would be great to have a PDF library of organic info here on the city. :smoke:

Edit:
    My point exactly :eek:

19. Sounds good! I cant wait to see what you got!