Backyard Grow stolen

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ChrisPaul, Sep 13, 2011.

1. #41 Furyus01, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    Cooper Lighting model #RFM189 has 3 settings, constant, every 4 minutes, & every 12 minutes WITH a sensitivity adjuster. No wires required and the receiver that is in the house can also trigger a light as well as the audio "doorbell" sound. 4 AA batteries have lasted over 10 days on constant :)

PS, I would advise putting bells up with fishing line all over your plants and the surrounding area. They are cheap and extremely effective... When someone trips over a fishing line full of bells they usually don't stick around to see if anyone heard it. The bells do NOT make sound in strong wind either.

2. Yeah I know I fucked up, but I didn't think any of my "friends" would do something like this.. What person steals a plant that you smoke? I'd never steal a weed plant and I'm not just saying this cause it happened to me, its just bullshit someone would be that selfish.

3. Yeah fuck them. I feel your pain man. Luckily it was only two for me... I should've planted more.

4. A tough life lesson learned my young friend. I don't put myself in situations of being as disappointed in people as you are right now...

5. Yeah, this is more of a life lesson for me. I've realized everyone in my life is not there for me, just themselves. I'm going over all of my friends and actually seeing if they are true friends, I'm still young(18) so over the next few years I bet 99% will be out of my life. I also learned not to trust anyone, I've always had this attitude but this just made me even more sure that I need to follow it.
    I'm still trying to find my plants but it's not looking to good right now..

Thanks for all the help though guys, I really appreciate it. Glad someone knows what I'm going through..

6. Sounds like a much better unit than the one I had,

7. Trust people but only to a point. When you get older you will see who is really down and who isn't. At 18 none of you are actually who you are going to be. If I could time travel and talk to the 18 year old me I would give him this advice, 1. Don't try to impress anyone but yourself 2. Listen ALOT more than you talk cuz when you listen you can learn but when you talk you can't listen 3. Love people but don't trust them with your most valuables. In the end if you want something done right just do it yourself. If you take revenge you lower yourself so I would highly suggest totally forgetting who they are. I like to call it "dead to me". In my opinion the worst thing you can do to another human is to not acknowledge their existence. I've had people talk directly at me and I hear nothing... It still bothers them while I can sleep at nights guilt free cuz I took the higher more difficult road. Good luck and don't let it get you too down. its just a "thing" :)

8. We got robbed by trimmers that we hired threw Oregons largest OMMP group. They where very good at what they did and had been doing it for a long time. Now we had 23 trimmers working 16 hour days and they( 4 of them) got away with it for 2 days and got over 3 pounds. Yes we all wanted to hurt them, we knew where they all lived. They all where very involved in Oregons OMMP...My partners really wanted to hurt them all..But this is the time when we show who we are...HUMAN...or THEM?..I prayed for her and myself to show me what i NEED to learn threw this, after all thats all i can cantroll...MYSELF...I am told if some one takes my shoes offer him my coat as well...We will kill all this hate with LOVE the other way has never worked and i am sick of it...Peace....Oh i have been at this for 33 years and if i had 1/2 of what peeps owe me...lol...well i wish i did...lol...

9. What are you guys paying trimmers up there? In NorCal we are paying $200 a lb with everything the size of a nickel or larger trimmed. I also agree with your theory of not beating the living shit out of weed thieves like you suggest but we have a blacklist down here that is solid. Anyone doing business EVER with someone on the list will also be put on the list. We deal in a tight industry of loving people but theft must never be tolerated, ever! This way we set a standard of seriousness for anyone wanting to get involved in the game. Be good and you will have the support of the community. Do serious wrong and you should be banished forever...

10. If you got a good crop in your backyard. I say sleep with them. Tent under your patio or right next to your plants. Travel van or trailor or even a cheap pop-up trailor.

In my case sleeping with my plants is the only option.

11. LOL, I sleep in a tent 2 feet away from my girls too.

I looked into all the motion sensors out there. In the end I figured that any kind of motion alarm sensor would be useless. If the sensor goes off, then its already too late. By the time you get outside the ripper(s) are gone with at least a plant.

In my book, the tent is the only way to go. Only someone very brave or very stupid would try to rip a grow when the grower is 2 feet away.

12. [quote name='"Furyus01"']What are you guys paying trimmers up there? In NorCal we are paying $200 a lb with everything the size of a nickel or larger trimmed. I also agree with your theory of not beating the living shit out of weed thieves like you suggest but we have a blacklist down here that is solid. Anyone doing business EVER with someone on the list will also be put on the list. We deal in a tight industry of loving people but theft must never be tolerated, ever! This way we set a standard of seriousness for anyone wanting to get involved in the game. Be good and you will have the support of the community. Do serious wrong and you should be banished forever...[/quote]

I'm in so cal around here going rate for trimming is about 1 ounce per pound

13. #53 5150, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    I have got the motion sensor alarms down to perfection. I give credit to the ex tweaker in me. So this is what I have found to work. This is how you can rig your sensors to be sure a ripper is in your yard.

like many of you said the motion sensors go off over cats,birds,wind and so on. In my case I use driveway alerts and a few higher ends driveway alerts. Like this from HF for like $15 each. They come in channels from like 1 to 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if you just have a few of these on one channel sure the cat will set them off. But if you aim them hi or slanted up it helps lots. Some tweaking and you can get them just right. I have 4 dogs and the wind sets them off more than the dogs. Okay they KEY with using these cheap sensors is having lots of them. I have 9 of these in my back yard. All on different channels. On any area in my garden that I have one sensor I also have another one in the general area ON ANOTHER CHANNEL. This was when a huge wind gust sets one alarm off it does not sent all them off. So I know for sure it was a false alarm. BUT if multible alarms goes off I know for 100% that a ripper is in my backyard. On top of that I have 3 of the high end driveway alerts. These do not pick up anything unless they are over 80lbs.

In my setup if a single alarms goes off I know its a false alarms. If the whole board goes off I know it's go time. I strape all my alerts to plywood so I can carry all them to my PC room or to my van easy.

A member above posted about the sensor alarms being to late while the ripper gets a plant. This is why I leave a few alarms outside in the garden as well. This way the ripper is scared off at the same time I am alerted. If you want to catch them then do not leave some alarms outside. In my case I do not want to catch them but will if I can. I would rather have them out ASAP and then figure it all out later. Plus not having to expalin to the cops why I beat the shit out of a ripper. Not the fighting type. Some people can fight. Some people cannot even walk. So you can see how I talk both ways.

Anyway just wanted to tell you guys how I fight the false alarms with sensors. It just takes a lot of them. Sometimes it takes days to get the alerts right. But if you have lots of them you can nail it down to a tee. If you got the cash the high end units are really nice. They are dead on and anything under 80lbs does not set it off. They are great in wind as well.

Edit. If you got lots of trees and bushes? Pound a stake in the ground. Then aim it at the fence under about 5ft distance. This will stop false alarms from wind. You just need more of them to cover more area. My yard is easy for it is so thin. And I know where any ripper would come in. Basicaly they have one way only.

You can see how if a ripper was to walk down my grow. How multible alarms on different channels would be going off. My dogs can run right under them. Once I have my cover on the yard is really easy to defend inside the cover and out.

See all the junk? It's there for a reason. I got metel pipes bobwire in the trees and scrape all along that spot. This way my dog hear them trying to get it. I also use the extension cords that have the little light on the ends. I lay about 5 of them thru my grow. When a ripper or smeller gets to the outside fence in my yard. he will see those yellow light all over. I also plug in anything that has a red LED light. Cell phone charger or anything to the extension cord. So the ripper sees yellow and flashing LED light thru out the garden before he even cuts a hole in the fence.

I worry about fence jumpers and dashers more than anything. The good thing is they would need lots of time to ripp me. Not to mention a truck and and a huge hole in the fence. Not to easy to ripp monsters. But smaller grows a ripper can do havic is little time. This is why I say leave some alarms outside. Unless you want to catch them and are legal.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the higher end units I have. And the van I kick it in. Again my yard is perfect for sensors though.

[​IMG]

14. Your shit needed to get got....you tell people it will happen..seems to me like the whole neighborhood just talks and talk and talksand talks and talks...thanks that will keep tham from sweating mine

15. Yuppp.....lifes definently a bitch...Im trippin off my grow now to we have 50+ and at least 40 ppl know they are there and most of the time no one is even home....

Ima start campin out there in 2 weeks....

16. Soooo, where are you exactly???? only jokin bro! haha not funny i know!

17. We had been paying by the hour but now its going to be by the amout trimmed

18. ok, Lookin to take a nice vacation.. so if anyone is lookin for some trimmers my wife and i are down as hell! lol

19. And what is your rate???

20. FOUND OUT WHO TOOK IT! Whats fucked up is I was COOL with them, I used to kick it with one of them and smoke all the time... And the other dude I met this year in class and I was tight with him too. Super fucked up, this dude told me it died like 2 days after they took them.. What dumb asses, super shiesty assholes. KARMA IS A BITCH!