Can people really tell the future?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by alicedee07, Sep 11, 2011.

1. the power could go out...or your clock could be off...or you could break it because the alarm goes off at 4:19 randomly, and so you get really angry about it and throw it against the wall

2. #22 SatanVEVO, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    EDIT: Nevermind my post... I'm way too drunk to be involved in an intellectual conversation... Maybe tomorrow... lol

3. Or you could figure that the only prophets are those who can look into the highest causal plane which is God, are men and women who've reunited their Souls back with God, and so recognize that God's will must be done, it being their own will, and can see the reason that suffering and bad things must exist. There is nothing which is not good in it's reason.

4. everyone is a prophet... no one is special or everyone is special.

just because someone finds purpose in their circumstances through seeing reality as always being the perfect will of God does not mean they are more special then someone who just thinks that reality is awesome and they want to live life as their heaven because there might not be a heaven after you die.

everyone can justify their own actions by saying God told them to do it, or saying that God's will is always done, but in reality everyone has control of their own futures. and saying that satan is controlling some of our own actions is a cop out pussy excuse...

all people have control of themselves and their future!

5. #25 Philosiraptor, Sep 15, 2011
    You mean we could have a United States without a President Perry or President Obama?

oh lawd what a relief

side note: I'm getting one of my visions again...I saw U.S, voters deadlocked into a two-party system....I see a big auditorium with a podium...I see former Governer Rick Perry walking up to the podium and making an acceptance speech...vision fading...what could that mean?

6. some people have more power in creating the future then others.. depends on their level of confidence/faith (whatever you want to call it) You probably don't have enough power to get rid of Obama or bring in that prick, Perry with your thoughts... but that might just be me doubting your confidence/faith and you don't have to believe those thoughts of mine if you don't want to.

7. Three days before the earthquake in Kentucky a few years ago, I had a dream that the ground in front of my house split apart.

Who knows?

8. #28 SatanVEVO, Sep 15, 2011

9. not like crazy predictions but i believe its possible to 'see' a couple steps ahead into the future by taking your surroundings and adding them up like an equation..like cause and effect. life is one big equation after all

if youre really aware of things youll know or atleast have some idea of how things may turn out..thats how master plans are executed.

10. anything could happen, but i like my chances

11. haha who knows right? maybe you deal yourself what your thinking or maybe someone else deals you a bit of mayhem

12. The future affects the present just as much as the past affects the future.
    Time is not linear.

13. how does the future affect the present?

14. haha stole the words from my mouth, i was even thinking that maybe if they can let you see in the future, what about seeing the past? i might test out this theory :cool:

15. yup.
    i do it all the time in halo and cod.
    and in real life when i'm focused.
    I think you can change it though.

idk how far you can see though.
    maybe you can't though ha ha. a lot of crazy stories and subjective experiences, however..

16. I think people on this thread are confusing the ability to see the future with simple foresight.

17. technically it won't because there is constantly a small minute amount of time loss in even the atomic clocks they build...it just gets really really small....

18. Without less there cannot be more.

19. #39 DBV, Sep 15, 2011
    but your talking micro seconds, not entire minutes...

edit: at first I thought you were talking about delay. My bad.:eek:

Still though,I'd say the loss is negligible.

20. it still won't be exactly 4:20....just saying...