Leaves drying/dying during flowering stage!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Refer Happiness, Sep 7, 2011.

1. She is about 4 weeks into flowering stage. The leaves just began to dry up and die. You can see the light on the other side of the aluminum, and I think maybe the light has something to do with it. Im a first time grower and if anyone has any tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate it? I believe its a sativa strain, but it was just a bag seed, and its also growing in a 5 in 1 hydroponic grow box. Thanks!

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. Double check the pH & temps. Try to post info about feedings and include a whole-plant pic.

3. The temperature is a high of 97 degrees and a low of 80. I have it preset to soak the rockwool 4 times a day for 15 minutes. pH is also a 6.5.

Being in tx we have had a hot summer, and the box is located in a closet without a direct air vent to it. The room gets hot, and I dont know how to lower the temperature of the room as needed. Ive put another small fan in the super box to try and lower the temps, as well as fans in the closet but nothing seems to work.

This is the super box I use.
    Super Box 5 in 1 Hydroponic Cabinet - 10 Plant | Grow Box, Hydroponic System, LED Grow Lights

Maybe drill and add another exaust fan for air to escape through? I will try and add a full picture as well next time I get the chance.

4. Ok so the pH is a little too high for hydro, which can explain why many of the leaves are only 3-bladed and a bit unlike normal pot leaves. High pH locks out Phosphorus and P-def causes the crispy brown leaf ends.

5. 97 is very hot. I looked at the link but I couldn't tell where the exhaust and intakes are located, or what type of exhaust fan it has. Adding another exhaust fan will definitely help, but it sounds like you may need a/c for the room, also.

6. Yes, I meant to mention the heat as well as Vash said.

7. There is only one small exaust fan in the top right hand corner of the box. If you look at the bottom right you will see to holes which allows for the air to come in through. I checked today and 97 degrees was the high and 72 was the low, I guess this changes throughout the day, into the night. Jellyman, what would you say the ideal pH should be for hydro? tty:)

8. Around 5.9 for most systems.

9. Alright, cool. I previously had it being watered 5 times a day for 15 minutes, with a rockwoll medium. Do you believe this may have anything to do with the "droopy" leaves. Today I switched it to water on 2, 15 minute cycles a day. Thanks