I dont think we evolved from monkeys

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by devilsheep, Sep 6, 2011.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

2. I don't think we did either.

3. Perhaps we should put it to a fucking vote. :rolleyes:

Dude thats the fucking point. NEW IDEAS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TESTED HARD. THAT WAY THEY CAN BECOME BASIS FOR FURTHER REASARCH

We didn't "come from" monkeys whatever you mean by that, all that is truly happening in evolution is characteristics compiling over time in different populations of an organism, we have a common ancestor with monkeys some 7 million years ago, until our population of proto-humans happened to genetically diverge from the rest of the common ancestors. 

6. Humans didn't come from monkeys.

We came from humans that had more hair, which came from small four legged humans resembling rodents, which came from swimming humans with gills, which came from tiny single celled humans....

-yuri

The split from monkeys was actually about 25 mya

NOBODY SAID WE EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS WE HAVE THE SAME ANCESTORS.

9. Let this thread die, please! I already killed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EMALvJQVc

Better yet, send it to your local governor as evidence of the need for further funding for science education in public schools, damn this was painful to read.

11. I haven't read any of the rest of the thread yet so this may just be a bunch of repetitive hoopla to you at this point, but here's my 2 cents.
    Evolution is not evolving a species into something it is supposed to be. Evolution is what comes from natural selection, the random mutation of a gene in an organism. Whether that be enlarged ears, a proneness to disease, thicker fur, etc. It can be good or bad. But what makes natural selection unique is that the species who can produce more offspring will out-succeed the species who produces less offspring. It is not "survival of the fittest" as most believe, In fact there's a lot to natural selection that is actually myth.
    ANYWAYS, my main point is, every species currently on earth derives from another because of random mutagens, that create one species to produce more offspring than others. That is why a finch on one of the Galapagos islands has a different beak than another on another island. They will eat different resources based on what is available on the islands.

12.  protip:  We're still monkeys.  You cannot outgrow your lineage.

13. I still swim and dig in dirt sometimes

Can't escape my worm fish genes

-yuri

14. Who cares.!! We are all space dust. Though you ever see people that look like different animals. Bob marley really looked like a lion in some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. There are species of extra terrestrials that are far more advanced than we are that 50,000 years ago interbred with chimps and created human kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I just want to note that what you wrote is actually the definition of "survival of the fittest", substituting species for individual of course.

Detective Spade, I don't know how you can manage to stick around here and try and introduce logic and rational thought into this cesspool of irrational, paranoid, and all around loony thoughts and posts. This part of the forums is a lost cause and trying to reintroduce science here is hopeless.

17. #378 Sam_Spade, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015

I just try to imagine what a non-smoker lurking these boards makes of cannabis users.

We talked about 'normalization' like it only refers to a set of laws, and not a very sick community defined by multiple deviances; in this section, that means anything vaguely related to pop culture science with often very little effort to articulate thoughts beyond blogs and commercial media outlets.

18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmoC5cj8sw4

19. Behold. The product of the failed American education system.
    I once thought exactly the same thing. Then I graduated high school and began researching on my own.
    I've learned far more after graduating than before. 
    No offense Op. Nothing wrong with being ignorant, as long as you are willing to accept scientific evidence.
    For the record, even though it's been stated numerous times, we didn't evolve from fucking monkeys.
    We are the 5th ape. We have close common ancestors with other members of the ape family ie; chimpanzees , gorillas, orangutans ect.
    We ain't no goddamn munkys