Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Smoking in my basement

• Please log in to reply

Handy Man

Handy Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Just wondering, do you guys know if people would be able to smell it upstairs if i smoked in my basement? it's a pretty big basement, and i don't think the smell would be able to travel upstairs, so if i were to smoke down there you'd only smell it if you went down there. That's why i have febreeze though.

Similar Topics: Smoking in my basement     x

NotAToker

NotAToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Use a sploof(?). It filters the smell of smoke when you use it.

mr_oleary

mr_oleary

• Registered Upgraded
  • 286 posts
Why not just head outside? Then you don't have to disrespect your parents (I assume that's what you're concerned about)

xThrowBack

xThrowBack

• Registered Upgraded
  • 819 posts
Its going to smell, whether its a vent or a small hole in the ceiling, it will smell. When I have a session in the basement my entire house smells for a few hours.

Sexy Jesus

Sexy Jesus

How did i get here?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 466 posts
use a sploof or crack a window with a fan?

Thorkgonsam

Thorkgonsam

Widdly Scuds?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 570 posts
When I was in highschool my room was in a basement and each time my friends and I would smoke my mom would know, she didn't mind through those years, hell she supported it even. But the smell will travel up especially if you have duct work on the ceiling.

greenbrad420

greenbrad420

for science!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,657 posts
yea it will travel through the vents

Romulux

Romulux

Philosophantry

• Registered Upgraded
  • 158 posts
Yeah dude, use a sploof, or use a fan to blow it out of a window. The whole house will smell. Best thing is to use a sploof AND a fan out the window, that's how i avoid getting caught.
Also, it you can sneak outside without arousing suspicion, that's always the best way to go.
But please don't just smoke in your basement. I mean, sure there's a chance you won't get caught. But it's a small chance; you most likely will get caught, take every safety precaution you possibly can.

SlurpeeLucas

SlurpeeLucas

Stand for your beliefs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Im a pro at this! I smoke exclusively in my basement :) I use to put a blanket by my door to make sure that the smell didnt get through. I also used candles and air freshener. But its all a waste though. You will only be able to smell something if someone walks down. the smell is gone in about 3 hours. If its your parents youre worried about, just toke when they sleep... problem solved!

BuddhistBrian

BuddhistBrian

Passin' The Knowledge

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,139 posts
I wouldn't smoke in my basement with my parents around if I were you. Smoke rises buddy.

dusty92388

dusty92388

NES Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts
It depends on how your vents and air returns are setup. Whenever I smell weed in my room, I know my cousin just got home from work lol.

ForMiles

ForMiles

• Registered Upgraded
  • 203 posts
dude.... just use a sploof and a open a window and fan. it works great, i use it every night to smoke bongs in my room. works fine no problem at all... and i have a tiny house.

Hauswaldx

Hauswaldx

Pot head

• Registered Upgraded
  • 150 posts
yaa it would. not a lot though.

it'd probably smell like u just toked and didn't change shirts upstairs.

ElectricWarrior

ElectricWarrior

Midwest Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,504 posts

Just wondering, do you guys know if people would be able to smell it upstairs if i smoked in my basement? it's a pretty big basement, and i don't think the smell would be able to travel upstairs, so if i were to smoke down there you'd only smell it if you went down there. That's why i have febreeze though.

when i lived at home i had a finished basement, smoked all day and night and no one ever said a word unless they came downstairs.

CLOSE ANY VENTS YOU MAY HAVE THOUGH!!

when i smoked in mine with the vent open my moms bathroom would REEK of weed, vents musta been connected

Romulux

Romulux

Philosophantry

• Registered Upgraded
  • 158 posts
Yeah, be careful man. I've smoked all summer long without getting caught. My room is like a meter away from my parents room. One night, my parents were gone but my brother said the house smelled like weed when I was smokin. I had the cracks in my doors covered, vents shut, window open, fan on, fucking EVERYTHING and he said the house still smelled. I don't know if my parents just didn't notice it, or just didn't care, But I think it really is harder than you think (or I think) to get rid of the smell. Just be careful, you never know what will get you caught. Go outside, go to a friend's house, wait till your parents are gone, etc. Just do everything you possibly can to not get caught.

420greenallday

420greenallday

• Registered Upgraded
  • 115 posts
Eric Forman got away with it hundreds of time bro!

SplitGenetics

SplitGenetics

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,206 posts
Looks like you need a sploof buddy ;)

Flared

Flared

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,055 posts
the best advice is to not do it in your house at all

Romulux

Romulux

Philosophantry

• Registered Upgraded
  • 158 posts

the best advice is to not do it in your house at all

Eh, that's not always the easiest advice to live by... but it's the only thing that really works
Ain't life a bitch sometimes?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users