Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does weed stay "good" ??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jankasauras, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Im going on a tolerance break for about 2 months, because i'm trying to find a job, get my girl back, and preparing for college. How long does weed stay good for? Like can I just put away the 3 grams I have left and just smoke it in 2 months? Or will it get nasty/moldy and would I be better off too sell it? Thanks ;)

2. It won't get mouldy. I just finished off an ounce that lasted 2 months in a plastic bag in a drawer. It still gets me high as shit.

3. put it in a airtight jar or the best you can find, i used to store mine in the fridge also if i had a half K

4. A lot of people think weed doesn't last or needs to be smoked within a week of getting it, and I'm not really sure where they get that from.

TBH weed can last a long time.

For optimal freshness invest in a glass mason jar, and put it in a cool/room temp. dark place.

If it gets too dry, you can add a little orange peel or something in the jar for a LITTLE WHILE (maybe a day or two or three)

If it gets too wet? make sure you open the jar a for 10-20 minutes at least once a day, until it is good again.

If you have properly cured weed in a glass jar, you shouldn't have to do anything.

Hope this helps clear things up :)

:smoking:

5. If left exposed to the sun or heat then it wont last as long.

But under normal conditions the bud takes a full year to breakdown.

Keep in mind however that the longer you leave it the worse it will be.

Of course, if kept in an air tight container such as a mason jar, in a cool, dark area then this is nothing to worry about.

6. If you want to be paranoid, you can vacuum seal it, cover the bag in tinfoil to prevent light from getting in, and throw that in the freezer or some other cool dark place... It will then stay fresh almost indefinitely. If you do end up using the freezer, when you go to re-open your bag, you will need to first allow the weed to slowly get back to room temperature before opening to prevent it from getting soggy. I've smoked bud stored like this after 6 months and was just as good as when it came in. Never smoked anything stored beyond that. (would be an interesting experiment, to smoke 10 year old weed)

cheers!

7. depends on storage.
    i would suggest a glass jar with rubber seal,but finding one small enough for 3 grams might be tough,or you could use a pill bottle but those aren't 100% air tight.
    if you keep it in a bag though your pretty much guaranteed to have some dry ass bud by the end of your tbreak.

8. 3 grams isn't that much smoke it up man cause during your break your going say man I wish I had a hit oh yeah Ive got that weed and there ya go t break over
    trust me I know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. (abst – 1976)
    [FONT=&quot]The stability of cannabis and its preparat... [J Pharm Pharmacol. 1976] - PubMed - NCBI

[/FONT]Solutions of pure cannabinoids, nine samples of herbal and two of resin cannabis (one freshly prepared) were stored in varying conditions for up to 2 years. Exposure to light (not direct sunlight) was shown to be the greatest single factors in loss of cannabinoids especially in solutions, which should therefore be protected from light during analytical and phytochemical operations. Previous claims that solutions in ethanol were stable have not been substantiated. The effect of temperature, up to 20 degrees, was insignificant but air oxidation did lead to significant losses. These could be reduced if care was taken to minimize damage to the glands which act as "well filled, well closed containers". Loss of tetrahydrocannabinol after exposure to light does not lead to an increase in cannabinol, but air oxidation in the dark does. It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature.

Cool, dark and air-tight! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

10. I'm in the same boat kinda of.

Girl is 5 months preg and I now rarely smoke, as she's the pothead and very jealous I can still do whatever, lol, it's all in good fun but having slowed down to maybe once a week I went to Target and bought some mason jars and put my different types in there already perfectly cured to sit in the dark till the day she's back. With one jar of loose ends for me to have now and then.

11. I want to store my nugs for 3 months, I already have them in a mason jar in a dark place. Just want to know the ideal temperature for storing. I already know it's supposed to be cool, but what do you consider cool??? (temperature wise) Any feedback would be great.

12. Check expiration on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Was that supposed to be funny.

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 dank48, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
    Also how often should i burp the jar,or do I need to do that at all??? SERIOUS REPLY'S ONLY!!!

15. #15 dank48, Nov 24, 2013

16. #16 dank48, Nov 24, 2013
    I have one more question, I'm storing 5 different strains at the same time. Each strain is in it's own bag, and all the bags are in the same jar. Is this o.k.???

17. As cold as possible. You don't have to burp it.

18. Thanks for feedback.

19. No , it is funny ,
    I have a question for u , how do u store anything u wanna keep good for a long time ?
    U seal it in a plastic Tupperware , glass container , or plastic bag that r all "air tight"
    That's all right ? Why would it be any different with weed ?
    Cos it's not ! U want to store things u keep air and light out basic science , I thought this whole thread was a joke originally !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I'm sorry, just want to protect my nugs.