why don't atheists ever go after the jews?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lady garbage, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I don't think his focus was on Judaism rather religion as a whole.

The answer is simple. Religion of Western civilization is predominately Christian, so persecution is greater here. If you decide to visit a third-world country, you will most likely observe little to no Christian persecution. Although my knowledge on third-world countries is very little, so don't take my word for that.

2. The sample (personal experiences) which your belief is founded upon is quite small considering the number of Christians in the world. It doesn't represent the entire Christian population correctly.

In fact, Tris said he has never experienced a Christian forcing their beliefs on him.

3. Could you point to exactly where in my post I made a generalization about the religion? Thanks. I'm having trouble finding it.

4. You didn't, I apologize.
    That post wasn't directed towards you though. It was directed towards the individuals who are presenting these generalizations.

5. That's my response to the topic "Islam, do you dig it?"

So, op, I call your generalization and raise you a bullshit

6. I would have to disagree. Jews are a minority now, but have caused their fair share of atrocities as well. Also when taken into consideration the number of Jewish members of government you could attribute the current wars to decisions made by those people as well.

Also the people saying other religions don't push themselves, I guess getting 30 lashes for not obeying Muslim law isn't pushy enough lol.

7. #47 diizzy matt, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You sound about dumb as fuck. I'm athiest and the same with a good number of my friends. I haven't ever done any of that or heard any of my friends attack ANY religion. If you wanna believe something go right the fuck ahead, because I honestly don't care about what you do with your life, its not mine. So don't stereotype people when you don't know what you're talking about at all.

8. i would say because your talking to mainly american athiests and chirstianity is the main religion here. and chistianity is the only religion with missionarys whos sole purpose is to convert people.

9. I dont discriminate. I hate all religion equally. It would be no great loss if they were all to die out.

10. Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris criticize islam all the time. Also, Judaism and Christianity are kind of a package deal, so why be redundant?

11. before i try and answer, what is the majority religion in your location?

just wondering.;)

12. Guys, the op's claim is true, he's just exaggerating...

When I would tell people I went to a Christian school, a pretty good number of people would talk shit about my faith to me...

13. a few reasons.

1 christianity is the primary religion in regions that athiests exist.
    2 christianity is the biggest, richest, of all the religions.
    3 athiests DO go after those people, just less often, because there are less of them
    4 christianity is the primary religion that offbranches into "creationism" which teaches that science is a lie to lead us away from god, though other religions do too

14. cause your faith is shit lol

15. #55 purrplee, Aug 31, 2011
    Yep. Nobody likes there religion insulted, but atheism and christanitys prime principles insult the other.

Also, unlike Buddhism or other religions that are somewhat open to the matter of non believers gaining paradise, christianity is the most exclusive.

16. #56 purrplee, Aug 31, 2011
    Sticks and stones, man

17. If there is a bias in the community toward one religion over others, then one should not question a bias in the same community's atheists against the same religion over the others. The question, to my mind, is this: are we butthurt that the atheists in a christian-dominated community have more criticism for christian religions over the less familiar minority religions? And is that really so unexpected or even unfair?

If you're saying that an atheist bias isn't fair, but a community bias is fair... well that's just silly-talk.

Should a Yankee fan complain that there are more haters across the nation of their team than any other team? After all, that may be true, but so it is also true that there are more fans as well and maybe that had something to do with it!

18. You cannot prove that their (whomever 'their' pertains to) wars are a result of their religious beliefs.

Substantial historical evidence points to the fact that the Christian faith spawned multiple atrocities, including mass genocide over many centuries.

19. #59 purrplee, Aug 31, 2011
    Not the Christian faith, but the people that manipulated others behind the Christian faith

20. You are ignorant about the topic and not familiar with contemporary Atheist political opinions. Read some Christopher Hitchins or Sam Harris, they consider Islam to be much more dangerous to the world than Christianity currently is.