Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

aspirin water for cloning

• Please log in to reply

greennewb

greennewb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 355 posts
came across an interesting piece of information and i was wondering if others have used this with success.

instead of using rooting hormones, you can crush up a couple extra strength aspirin tablets into half a liter of distilled water. stir it up and let it sit over night. then you can use that solution to dip your clone stems into.

i think i might try this one out.

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 12,115 posts

• Yoda, vostok, jerry111165 and 1 other like this

greennewb

greennewb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 355 posts

greenewb,

The component in aspirin that is the hormone used for rooting cuttings is called salicylic acid. It is found in willow bark and interestingly, the Aloe Vera plant. Several of us organic growers are using Aloe Vera juice/gel as an organic rooting hormone with good success.

You can get a gallon jug of Aloe Vera juice at Trader Joe's for 7-8 bucks.

HTH

chunk

thanks for that chunk. i think i will definitely try this on my next clones :)

Chunk

Chunk

Medicine Mod

• Super Moderator
  • 12,115 posts

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

If I want to add salicylic acid for clone dip what ppm is recommended?

vostok

vostok

Ancient Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,304 posts

Make a tea from willow tree bark, or better any quality honey is best

• snoopdog6502 likes this

marvajuana

marvajuana

Golden Blade

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,538 posts

Crushed aspirin, applied in either a foliar spray or directly to the root zone, in the above-mentioned concentrations (or even less), is a method used by some to induce hermies for breeding purposes!

Supplemented aspirin *can* be good for plants, but you would want to use much, much less if you're looking for a healthy effect, without hormonal confusion. But in the end (like chunkdaddyo suggested) a proper cloning gel, or even aloe vera would be a much better option. :)

I can vouch for this. aspirin will cause hermis. I have used it to make femed seeds.
Mj

from someplace on something

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

If I want to add salicylic acid for clone dip what ppm is recommended?

:bongin:

vostok

vostok

Ancient Member

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,304 posts

I can vouch for this. aspirin will cause hermis. I have used it to make femed seeds.
Mj

from someplace on something

Aspirin to make Femmed seeds ..?     Have you links to this a tutorial perhaps ...?

Yoda

Yoda

tryin to dance in the rain

• Super Moderator
  • 29,452 posts

• TinTizzy, SkunkyBrains and pugswatergirl like this

TinTizzy

TinTizzy

sorry n shit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 12,488 posts

Yea i just use a bubble cloner with nothing and they always root around 5-10 days..then i add rapidstart since it has willow extract and the roots blow up

buddybanana

buddybanana

• Registered Upgraded
  • 121 posts

can anyone post any reference to any science on the idea of using aspirin?   This is one thing that continually comes over and over but after a little research nothing can be found that actually substantiates the value of aspirin for stimulating plant growth.  Not to be a downer but if there is some available reads on real trial studies I'd like to read them. 

Like the man said, if you want to fuck around just get some leaves from a willow and use that.  I've used it for years for rooting all sorts of plants.

piratechefny

piratechefny

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,398 posts
Chunk already explained it bananaman. Same stuff that's in the little packets that come with flowers and shit.

trueweedsmoker

trueweedsmoker

supreme killer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 952 posts

wow i never knew this....about aspirin......i knew that aspirin is a ph adjuster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users