Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

DWC 5gallon Buckets question

• Please log in to reply

jester87k

jester87k

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
How do u transplant clone or seedling to pot? i mean its 6 inches deep how long should roots be or do i need to buy like Rockwoll thats really big and use that ?

jester87k

jester87k

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
anyone

WhobeBoo

WhobeBoo

Twiggy

• Silver Member
  • 882 posts

Edited by WhobeBoo, 28 August 2011 - 09:32 PM.

fyrhazzrd

fyrhazzrd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 844 posts
I germinate in rockwool and then just drop that into the hydroten once its ready.

jester87k

jester87k

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
What do u consider ready? like how long roots? and what size Rockwool u use?

DeepPurpleGrow

DeepPurpleGrow

• Registered Upgraded
  • 316 posts
i stick them in pot once i see good multi roots,, i dont care how long they are,

also.. no big issue on how deep you go,, i have some with rockwool right even with hydroten lvl,,

but latley ive adapted to burying them up to the first node to shorten them,, workin graet so farr,, :P

jester87k

jester87k

• Registered Upgraded
  • 107 posts
Well if roots arnt reaching water wont that cause them to die?

DeepPurpleGrow

DeepPurpleGrow

• Registered Upgraded
  • 316 posts
with DWC the airstones create 100% humidity in the bucket,, its like putting a bag of crack in front of a crackhead,, i do have drip system that waters from top for 15 mins using water from the bucket,, i water it 3 times a day,, but yea, that humidity down there is the key to DWC,, my new batch ive watered only 1 time and it seems roots came down quicker,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users