Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you be a lightweight with weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nutellanick, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Just like the title says... Can you be a lightweight and get higher from smoking less (even when you have a tolerance) when it comes to weed?

I smoke at least 5 days a week and I have a moderate tolerance, but sometimes I get higher than my friends when we smoke. Does weight factor in to how high you get like with drinking? What other things factor into someone being a lightweight (if any)?

I also have ADD and I've notice when I don't take my Rx I feel higher, I guess because I feel more cloudy headed.

SO, what do you guys think? Can you be a lightweight?

2. Not to my knowledge

3. its the add one of my ex friends had it and he thinks everything is top grade because he gets high of of anything haha

4. I think it has to do with metabolism.

I have a wicked Fast metabolism, meaning THC is leaving my body at a higher rate allowing tolerance to decrease at a faster rate.

This is just my theory, but I can get high as fuck 3/5 times. I have been doing some self-research lately. :smoke:

5. Holy fuckin' Jesus, man?! Five fuckin' days a week?! And you still get higher than your friends?!

I have no real experience on the matter, but I'll turn this to my good friend Hunter Talon.:cool:

"What it sounds like, man, is like some sort of genetic deformity...I can't really be sure what this means for the person suffering from this obvious medical emergency, but I can be sure it ain't fuckin' good, man."

6. probably because u have a indica, when i take adderal with weed i get higher, but my fav is the high sativas

i know when it comes to drinking i have a natural almost ungodly tolerance for alcohol. not even good, i have to be on shot 8 before im different, im 18 and 5'10 150 lb with a low amount of fat. im almost certain most of it is from my metabalism that would work on alcohol and marijuana

i also have a high tolerance for weed compared to my freinds, idk if this is because of a strong mindset or metabalism and low fat, but i passed 3 drugtests in my lie, and 2 were ones i just expected to fail because i smoked regularaly until 3 days prior

so i just think its mettabalism

7. Same here, One time I smoked at least once for 2 weeks, then only took a 3 day break, and passed a drug test. I also workout a lot (I wrestle for my High School, and I'm a boxer). I tend to sweat off at least 4 pounds of water weight in each practice, of course it goes right back, but maybe this has something to do with it?

8. Yes. I've always been a lightweight.

9. Do you have a fast metabolism, and low body fat %?
    I just had my body fat % taken at my personal trainer and it was only 7.6% haha.... and I weigh about 130 pounds.

10. Yeah I have run into some light weights. Tolerance plays into it a lot. When I get ripped it is off way more weed then my friends (some of them smoke daily). It all comes down to your body and how it interacts with the herb.

I 100% believe people can be lightweights with weed. I sure wish I was (just so I could spend less).

11. I've always been a lightweight, been smokin for years and i get high as fuck off 1-2 bowls or a 1 pape Jay.

Theres even been a point where i smoked like joint after joint and 12 bowls in a row but i just find I have a low tolerance no matter how much i toke :D

12. its probly the add meds fuckin wit your head

13. I'm a lightweight. My metabolism isn't very fast.
    If I smoke a lot and smoke a cigarette, I get very high, falling over high. It's embarrassing and I have to make sure I don't smoke more than necessary or I feel awful.

I love smoking as long as I don't over do it. I've gotten too high too many times.

Edit: I smoke every single day.

14. Depends on your metabolism, weight, and how much you ate that day (if you ate at all) as far as I know, but don't take my word for it.

15. Idk, my friend can get a solid 10/10 stone from a joint that'll get me maybe a...4?

Some people just can't handle their smoke. :)

16. #16 CSterbz, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Higher metabolism = higher tolerance to weed, it burns off the thc from your fatty acids faster (I could smoke 2g of dank In one sitting and be high 2 hours max) and I have like 5% body fat I'm one skinny fuck haha

17. I've got a fairly low tolerance - at the moment I'm smoking daily pretty much and I THINK my tolerance is starting to increase again slightly...I'm stopping for a month or 2 after the 31st (I've been on 2 half-arsed 2-week breaks in the last couple of months - next time I'm gonna do it properly again!)

18. It sounds like we share the same body type, except im a tad bit more lazy than you. :cool:

Three days break is all it takes for me to get high as hell.

19. #19 stonerwiz420, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    i don't smoke every day so i consider myself a lightweight smoker. when i smoke a bowl, i'm high off of just one hit, though i take a pretty big hit and try to hold it in for like 5 seconds, but sometimes i end up taking too big of a hit and coughing it out and cough up a lung which makes me super stoned. and todays weed is super potent too, i wish i could go back in time to the 70s to see if weed back then would get me as high as todays weed, probably not as high but i probably would still be fucked up since i don't smoke every day. i love indicas and i am stoned on one right now writing this, i've been stoned for like 3 hours