Military Industrial Complex - Current "defense" budget is largest in US History...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Aug 21, 2011.

1. The federal governments only job is to defend the people. Nothing else. The only thing is the budget SHOULD be defence.

Leave everything else to the states.

2. But like...think about all the jobs created bro.

The U.S gov't just has the bigger stick and swinging it around keeping everyone safe!

3. Yes; coffin makers need jobs too. :(

4. I wasn't sure where to put this, but it kinda fits here... this story is 9 days old and (not) surprisingly this is the first I've heard of it...

Task force estimates $360 million in contract money lost to Taliban, criminals in Afghanistan

How tragically Sisyphean this is. A tiny chunk of our (increasingly worthless) money is going into the hands of the Taliban who aim to overthrow the Afghan government and kill American forces while a larger chunk of our money is going to fund the Afghan government and kill Taliban forces.

this echoes a story from last year...

Report: U.S. Bribes to Protect Convoys Are Funding Taliban Insurgents

5. Obamas wars are more peaceful.

6. huh?
    Tone does not come across in text well. You are being sarcastic, right?

7. huh?

Are you being un-American? War is what keeps this economy going.

8. Catholicism is next to Satanism

9. New Bill Mandates Military Custody for All Terror Suspects - Yochi J. Dreazen - Politics - The Atlantic

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. It wouldn't apply to Americans (they say) but it is written broadly and open for interpretation. Meaning, it applies to anyone the Fed Gov (President) wants. They can define "terror suspect" anyway they want. Don't forget what country the FBI operates in... ;)

Labeled as a terrorist? Good bye. Seems very 1930's Germany to me...

10. This is very deserving of rep, a detailed, informative, educational, and complete description of the M.I.C as well as it's history. However, GCity doesn't seem to understand this and has made it clear i must spread some rep around. But I'll be back to rep you for this at some point.

11. Quick...take a guess: "Who are the world's biggest employers?"

Drum

Roll

Please

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaZedAWmlE]One Handed Drum Roll - YouTube[/ame]

Employment: Defending jobs | The Economist

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

12. A Future For Drones: Automated Killing - The Washington Post

Never mind that you won't be getting your Social Security funds or much less anything else, you will have these bad babies to keep you safe from Al-Qaeda and domestic extremists! :devious:

I mean, really? Who's going to come to the defense of the Terminator on this one? :confused:

[​IMG]

13. to which country should i move before this all comes crashing down?

14. Mars..

15. I heard central asia and south americas are nice. real nice

16. trinidad and tobago