Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

LST in hydro question

• Please log in to reply

mandark

mandark

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all:

I built my own DWC system and it seems to be working out just fine. But like a lot of people, I didn't really plan ahead with this. I had originally intended to ScroG the setup but after thinking about the pros/cons and the space I have, I decided to LST the plants.

My problem is that the plants are in 4" netpots and everything I can find on LST seems to indicate that the 4" pots aren't big enough to do this.

I'm really good with rigging things to work, so I was thinking of cutting up a small piece of plywood or whatever that's 10" diameter, then cutting out a 4" center. Lay that around the netpot, and use screw hooks on that board to tie down the plant. Then if I want to pull the plant out of the DWC, I could lift up the whole plywood and netpot assembly at once. I really wouldn't do this unnecessarily as I have a pump for the res to drain it.

I am looking for feedback on this, Would it be better to just rig wire through the netpots and train the plant around the outside of the pots?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users