N3rds' Blue Planet Nutrients sponsored grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by n3rds3ks, Aug 19, 2011.

1. #21 smokin5280, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How many watts?

2. #23 smokin5280, Aug 23, 2011
    You wanna jump it up to 100w per plant and thats actual watts not equivalent. I believe you also want 5000 lumens per square for foot. Not positive thats the right number on lumens but I'm pretty sure.

Thats why I went HPS. The 600w puts out 90,000 lumens which is over double the lumens with the same wattage and heat issues that I had with CFL's lol. Made sense in my situation but I understand everyone's situation is different :)

3. Ok so i only need to get 3 more lights? I didnt go hps cause of how hot they get , dont have money for ventilation yet. Plus i think i read somewhere that the plants can only use a certain percent og the light it puts out. Maybe a diff kind though. If i can keep my job im gonna end up getting a 600w led to use for flowering. But thats a while from now thankfully.

4. #25 smokin5280, Aug 24, 2011
    I'm way to stoned to do math right now, lol! If you wanna make an inexpensive cool-tube Hobby Lobby sells 6" hurricane glass for like $34 and always like 50% off!

Mine I built it's cool enough to touch but very warm in the center. The ends though are petty cool though :)

5. #26 n3rds3ks, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a little worried about the smallest one, roots still haven't hit the bottom of the pot. it is the one that the root came out the top of the rockwool. I guess this happened because I checked to see if it had cracked open because it was taking an usual amount of time to germinate. put the seed in upside down o.o

6. #27 smokin5280, Aug 25, 2011
    Sometimes it takes a little more time

7. true, I guess it's getting what it needs how it is 'cause she's growin! :hello:

8. what ppm are the nutrients?

9. Total alkalinity is 40, total bromine is 0 from these strip things I guess I'm gonna have to get a way to measure PPM next paycheck

10. Hey man, check ebay for an inexpensive ph meter and an inexpensive ppm meter. Tihspeed or however it's spelled has great info on different threads on which are good inexpensive ones and which ones are crap. He should be able to point you in the right direction :)

11. I found this PPM meter ; HM Digital TDS-EZ Meter/Tester, Water/ppm/Purity/Filter | eBay

and this ph meter ; Digital pH Monitor Meter Tester + 2 Buffer solutions | eBay

cheap enough. idk what you think about those but I will search for Tihspeed on the forum.

thanks for your help. plants are lookin good today :) the one I was worried about now has a root sticking out the side of the netpot!! so it has sprouted a few new leaves and is getting much bigger. Will probably take new pictures tomorrow because their daily changes are so drastic it is unreal.

12. #33 smokin5280, Aug 26, 2011
    Yeah, ask him about the meters cuz I have no idea, I have a ppm meter but still use the dropper solution for my ph. Ill be getting a ph meter as soon as I can without getting me in trouble in my girl.

As far as growth rates, yeah it's amazing! Seems like everyday there is something new happening! Lets see some pics! :p

13. alright here are some new pics :]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the little retard :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fuck photobucket.

[​IMG]

15. Looking good man!

16. this plant just grows too fast to take pictures only once a week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what are the things circled in red?
    [​IMG]
    what could be causing this??
    [​IMG]

probably gonna switch my nutes soon

17. I can't change the name of my thread :|

18. I wouldnt worry unless you see balls, lol. When you flower little white hairs should come out if they are female if I'm not mistaken.

Other pic looks like nute burn maybe. What are your ppm's at? Ph?

19. hahaha. I was hoping there was a way to tell before I went into flowering because I'm gonna be in veg for quite a while. until I can afford flowering lights atleast. yeah little pistils they call it.

still don't have a way to accurately measure Ph or PPM. I just have pool test strips and the dropper solution. Going to the hydro store Thursday though. Hopefully picking up 3 more lights and a way to measure those.