Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Rubbermaid Growbox diy guide

• Please log in to reply

TheWriter

TheWriter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 273 posts
This may have been posted before but here is a link just in case. Im germinating some seeds and I think I am going to use this set up. Any comments or Ideas to modify/make it better?
:bongin:
How To Grow Marijuana?: How To Make a DIY Stealth Grow Cabinet Using Rubbermaids

420smurf420

420smurf420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 700 posts
i would say build it as shown then go from there

TheWriter

TheWriter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 273 posts

i would say build it as shown then go from there

Yeah. When I start putting it together maybe I will post the pics or something if I change anything,

dopestyle

dopestyle

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
How did the set-up go TheWriter?

TheWriter

TheWriter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 273 posts
It was scrapped for a bigger scale set-up. I have yet to put it into operation though.

Edited by TheWriter, 26 February 2012 - 06:49 AM.

dopestyle

dopestyle

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Look forward to seeing it.. let us all know when yer done

Akaz

Akaz

Solo Dolo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 382 posts
that grow doesnt account for the smell

fireiya

fireiya

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how do you adjust the cfls closer to the plant if it is smaller?

thevines2

thevines2

• Registered Upgraded
  • 723 posts

how do you adjust the cfls closer to the plant if it is smaller?

you might be over thinking this

if you cant move the light. raise the plant :smoking:

that grow doesnt account for the smell

true that, most of them dont sadly.
carbon filter can be added tho np.(with some mods ofc)

or ona works for most strains(did not help much with my afghan drying last year tho haha stunk up the whole house off a small amount)

It was scrapped for a bigger scale set-up. I have yet to put it into operation though.

i like to hear that! wish i could do the same atm

what you thinking for a grow box now?

Edited by thevines2, 06 February 2013 - 05:43 AM.

L0lo

L0lo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Me and my girlfriend are discussing using this method. She has a 1 bedroom apartment with one walk in closet. We were thinking since it's a big enough space to house the grow. Her complex doesn't do random checks and if they have to survey the spot, they give a notice a week in advance or we're not gone long throughout the day to worry about security. I'm pumped I found this!!!!:hello::D:yay: I'll read more throughout the forum for nutes and other info! Thanks!

dopestyle

dopestyle

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Keep us posted Lolo

gotexans

gotexans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,319 posts
subbed

Banes

Banes

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'd recommend not using tin foil as I've read in guides that it absorbs too much light for optimal growing. Something white is supposedly best, you can paint it white too. Could be wrong on this I'm still new!

gotexans

gotexans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,319 posts

I'd recommend not using tin foil as I've read in guides that it absorbs too much light for optimal growing. Something white is supposedly best, you can paint it white too. Could be wrong on this I'm still new!

yeah i planned on spraying it flat white

Banes

Banes

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

yeah i planned on spraying it flat white

Yeah sweet, cant wait to see how it goes.

sfcol

sfcol

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
I just did my first harvest from a box like this. However with a few modifications.
2 68L storage boxes, foil lined (have mylar to go in for the next grow) with 4x30w cfls.
For ventilation I used 2 120mm pc fans for exhaust and one for circulation. All powered by a laptop charger.
For the whole grow i used 2 of each spectrum bulb and it worked well. As for lighting, i preferred my method of having them hanging from the top individually. That way you can independently raise or lower them to get them as close to the plant as you can.

Watch out when spraying them white, make sure you sand the surface and primer to give the paint something to stick to. I didnt and it ended up all flaking off.

TheWriter

TheWriter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 273 posts
Wow this thread still gets bumped every now and then. I scrapped this plan for a grow tent and a 400w HPS light. Have already pulled two decent harvests from them and I currently am starting on another (Deadhead OG and Blue Dream). Next step is to try to go perpetual. :smoke:

dopestyle

dopestyle

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Wow this thread still gets bumped every now and then. I scrapped this plan for a grow tent and a 400w HPS light. Have already pulled two decent harvests from them and I currently am starting on another (Deadhead OG and Blue Dream). Next step is to try to go perpetual. :smoke:

Exactly what I've been doing for the last 5 years.. every two months I get 9oz give or take from two plants.. I just take cuttings before they go into flower and the cycle continues

gotexans

gotexans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,319 posts
im bout to order my seeds. any adivce of the rubbermaid box? and can u use it all the way through flowering?

old_iron_lungs

old_iron_lungs

• Registered Upgraded
  • 155 posts
can you wire multiple fans to an AC adapter?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users