Post your favorite political meme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cball, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Most of these attitudes could easily be applied/found within any general political philosophy. Libertarianism will be perverted/obscured/twisted/misrepresented just as much as any other political affiliation. Several of these stances are inherently incompatible with libertarianism and just prove that these caricatures are representative of individuals who claim libertarian but do not embrace the philosophy at its core. Its fun to mock peoples' ideologies and I fully encourage it, but at the same time an ideology which condemns violence and violations of basic liberties is far preferable to alternatives which do not.

The problem I see with this is that it seems every other libertarian has their own idea as to what Libertarianism is really about, at it's core. In itself I don't think that is entirely unreasonable, seeing as every philosophy has its splinter-groups and factions, but of what I've seen of the libertarian/an-cap/voluntaryist community No True Scotsman seems to run abound.

When a group of people feel threatened by another group, they get defensive and will try generic insults in an attempt to disprove or eliminate relevance to another's views.

4. Ron Paul is pretty much the posterboy for the libertarian party. And it is true that libertarians don't have an agenda, that's the best part. We don't need other people to think for us.

5. #6465 yurigadaisukida, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    I call BS.

Libertarians are just members of another political party.

They hold dogmas they are brainwashed, and just as closed.minded as aany other political party

In fact, I would argue that anyone who identifies as part ofa group and adopts said groups beliefs is incapable of thinking.for themselves. Even anarchists.

There is a lot of "no true scottsman" arguments going around the llibertarian/anarchist groups even on this thread.

They like to call strawman a lot too while using red herrings and no true scottmen.

Fallacies fallacies everywhere
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I think the term libertarian is just ambiguous. Btw heres a meme.

[​IMG]

7. .

I would say this is definitely accurate, which is why I encourage people to make fun of others' ideologies - it can help us break down borders and expose dogma.

Not to mention, I have myself seen the types of libertarians depicted in that meme (and am guilty of some of them).

8. Security?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. #6469 Rotties4Ever, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    2 years later...any side effects? feeling greenish perhaps?

[​IMG]

inb4 sir buzzkill chirps in to explain the differences between gamma and x-rays.

its good especially if youre unsure about life in general or certain concepts or aspects -when faced with challenges, youd benefit even more, because different views allow us to extrapolate more accurate depictions of reality as it is.
    and those who are most unsure or uncertain need the most to able to see the most accurate picture.

if any of that makes sense, if not im confused as well :)

10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good guy Elon Musk.
    From Wiki:

11. Fucking seriously though! This is the best meme I've seen in awhile. I like the idea of a "universal health care" in broad terms, but understand its financial burdens... but wouldn't it be much cheaper if people started fucking taking care of themselves! Ugh!

sorry.

12. Blame the police UNIONS. THey are as corrupt as the teachers UNIONS only their members have guns. 

[​IMG]
    Ferguson, Iraq I mean USA.

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408580119.412995.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408580156.511911.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Not really a political meme, but what the hell....

Attached Files:

15. Rarely is the question asked:
    IS OUR CHILDREN LEARNING?

-Jr.