RDWC SUGGESTIONS w/Diagram

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Beachbound, Aug 18, 2011.

1. HI All..

I am working n finishing up my current grow in soil and want to go more Hydroponic for my next grow.. I am thinking about a RDWC and have attached a Diagram of a setup that I have in mind..

I would like to get any and all Suggestions, Comments and Feedback on this design, so that I can tweek it accordingly, and begin to work on putting it all together.

I will probably take the Pump out of the Controller in order to remove any possible heat sources.

Other than that, let me know what you think and the problems that could arise with this setup.

Thank you in Advance :D

Attached Files:

2. That's pretty uch the gist of it. Make sure your drain lines are 2x the size of your feeds.

3. Yeah, or use 2 drains. You don't have to elevate the buckets, you can keep the rez level with the buckets and gravity will stabilize the levels even if the pump quits.

I have had a couple problems with the roots growing down into my drains in the buckets and the pump then flooding the bottom of the tent. Keep this in mind and maybe come up with something to stop the roots from entering the drain lines.

You can use a smaller rez for veg, and then once you switch to flowering, you will need a big one.
    Right now, I have 2 plants drinking a bit over 2 gallons per day.

4. Thanks for the feedback..

I thought about elevating the buckets a little so my drains can actually be underneath, and allow me to drain the buckets completely if needed.

I also plan on using Filters over the the drains in order to try and prevent blockage.

And the Smaller Res during veg is a great idea.. I had not thought of the fact that I would not necessarily need as much extra water during the veg stage.

I have found a few DIY Tutorials online and it seems that most make the Feed line 1/2" and the drain is 3/4". Now that you are saying 2xs the size for Drainage, I am unsure of what size Feed and Drain lines I should be using. Any Suggestions on this one?

Thanks!

5. Thanks for the feedback..

I thought about elevating the buckets a little so my drains can actually be underneath, and allow me to drain the buckets completely if needed.

I also plan on using Filters over the the drains in order to try and prevent blockage.

And the Smaller Res during veg is a great idea.. I had not thought of the fact that I would not necessarily need as much extra water during the veg stage.

I have found a few DIY Tutorials online and it seems that most make the Feed line 1/2" and the drain is 3/4". Now that you are saying 2xs the size for Drainage, I am unsure of what size Feed and Drain lines I should be using. Any Suggestions on this one?

Thanks!

6. ur air hoses should be 1/4" and recirc/drain hoses 1/2" or bigger

7. Go 1/2 inch for the feed and 1 inch for the drains.