Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Will second hand pot smoke affect my dog?

• Please log in to reply

zephyrstaint

zephyrstaint

zephyrstaint

• Registered Upgraded
  • 173 posts
I dont mean get him high, hell, id never do that, but sometimes he's around when i smoke and it gets me paranoid and i put him out. Is it at all harmful to him? is there a risk?

aaron12321

aaron12321

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,788 posts
well dogs certainly do get high , my friend blew smoke in his dogs face and his dog start stretching and slept for like 12 hours

ChillinOnRoofs

ChillinOnRoofs

Up In Clouds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,553 posts
Hate to be the party pooper but you can't talk about getting animals high on here.
EDIT: I'm a dumb ass, misread the post. Not sure if it would count or not.

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts
YES it can you must not smoke anywhere near you dog.

1: His lungs are ultra sensitive
2: the high is like a constant green out.
3: it can actually kill him from dehydration

BlazinBlizzard

BlazinBlizzard

Jah Bless

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,113 posts

YES it can you must not smoke anywhere near you dog.

1: His lungs are ultra sensitive
2: the high is like a constant green out.
3: it can actually kill him from dehydration

source??

my dog is like the one on dude wheres my car.... I have to hide my weed from her

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts
Better safe than sorry. Dont risk it

source that

Does it matter?

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts

source that

Approximately 30 to 90 minutes after ingestion, canines will show signs for up to 72 hours. Symptoms of Marijuana Toxicosis include mydriasis (excessive dilation of pupil), glazed eyes, bradycardia (slow heart rate), hyperesthesia (abnormal increase in sensitivity to stimuli of the senses), ataxia (gross incoordination of muscle movements), coma, drooling, tremors, depression, drop in body temperature, respiratory depression and somnolence (drowsiness). Marijuana Intoxication can depress the nervous system and bring regurgitation and vomiting. Other signs may include agitation, vocalization, urinary incontinence, diarrhea, hypersalivation, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heart rate) and coma. In some cases, death can occur.

Treatment of Marijuana Intoxication may include induced vomiting, gastric lavage and activated charcoal. Treatment involves reducing absorption of the toxin. Different signs can determine different medications

Kind of irrelevent but may help some people out.

The causes of the lung cancer in your dog may be different from the causes in another, but research conducted by veterinarians has shown that dog lung cancer can also occur because of the reasons listed below.

Secondhand Smoke and its Effects: Like humans, dogs are also extremely sensitive to smoke. Too much exposure to smoke may play a role in the development of tumors in the lungs.

BA

BA

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 10,038 posts

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Lethal Dose of Marijuana

Keep It Lit

Keep It Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 628 posts
^ This. ^^ That.

Guest_Jack Klompus_*

Guest_Jack Klompus_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Don't risk it. My dog ate a weed brownie she was fucking stoned off her ass could barely walk and peed randomly shaking her head. Kinda scary, since she's fine and it was so long ago it's funny but I still remember how scared I was when it w happening

DragonMage

DragonMage

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 940 posts

I dont mean get him high, hell, id never do that, but sometimes he's around when i smoke and it gets me paranoid and i put him out. Is it at all harmful to him? is there a risk?

Color me confused but in the paragraph above you refer to your dog as "him" but under the picture, the dog is your "girl". Did he become a she or is that a different dog?

BrandonBlunts

BrandonBlunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,025 posts
Just put your dog somewhere else while you smoke, then chill with him after. I wouldn't risk it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users