New to the GC forums been browsin for a while though researching material on ScrOG grows. Had a couple 'scratching the surface of cannabis cultivation' grows before with bagseed, you know the usual stick a plant in a pot and put whatever light you can find in a shed over it and hope for the best kind of thing, as well as an outdoor attempt which due to the shitty climate here resulted in a lot of lettuce. Well as everyone who ever did that soon realises, the yield was miserable and so this time I want to do it with a bit more thought gone into it. So all criticism and help is much appreciated as its the main reason for this journal.
Onto the business side of things-
- Attic space (I know it's not ideal but it's the only option-climate however is fairly steady so temps should be relatively easy to manage without too much fluctuation due to seasons).
- 1.2m x 1.2m screen situated in the centre of the floor with more then enough headroom for a scrog (about 2m)and space to walk around on each side of screen
- Reflective material-possibly white lynoleum, will surround grow area
- 600w hps for flower and veg unfortunately but will be kept well away til the plants can handle it. Planning short veg time with some FIM and LST anyway as both strains are sativa dominant dont want them to stretch too much!I know the hps wont help with that in veg hope it doesnt stretch them a lot.
- 3 oscillating fans will keep the air moving below and above the screen. The attic is well ventilated with 6 vents to the outside so hoping that will be enough for airchanges without the need for intake fans etc.
- Soil being used has added nutrients which should be enough for veg stage with possibly added nitrogen if deficiences begin to show. For flowering liquid tomato feed will be used. Might look into more expensive options if it looks like it wont do the trick we'll see how the plants react when the time comes, have heard good things about it anyway.
- Last but not least are the plants themselves, 5 fem Jack Diesel and 4 fem Amnesia Lemon already germinated and some beginning to poke their heads out of the soil. They are in small pots now but will be moved into their final pots once root system develops(still looking for the best option was thinking 3 x 80litre rectangular containers with 3 plants in each, evenly spaced beneath the screen in rows?)Gives each plant about 25litres
- The reason for so many plants is to fill the screen quickly with minimum veg time with some FIMming and LST to promote branching especially in the Jack Diesel which I've read tends to remain in a single cola otherwise. Then apply the screen, flip to flower and keep training them to the screen while they stretch a bit and then hopefully watch the magic happen!