Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can Marijuana Cause Anemia?

• Please log in to reply

LovingTree

LovingTree

Don't like, +REP!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,826 posts
I have been smoking pot daily for about 7 months now. It's great- it stops my emotional swings, anxiety, worries, and depression.

However, I noticed that I have become a lot more slim (skinny) and I find myself still wanting to sleep or rest even after 12 hours of sleep....

According to symptoms, Anemia can give you fatigue and make you skinny. Is this correct? If so, Can Marijuana Cause Anemia?

getpotes

getpotes

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Marijuana always helps me fall asleep

LovingTree

LovingTree

Don't like, +REP!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,826 posts

Marijuana always helps me fall asleep

Thanks for relevantly answering my question. :rolleyes:

Braddock

Braddock

Professional Vapist;

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,636 posts
No marijuana does not cause anemia.
You might want to start buying a different strain, being as how every strain is unique with its own medicinal purpose..
You might be looking for a more sativa-dominant rather than your current indica-dominant (or so I believe)

LionHat

LionHat

• Registered Upgraded
  • 112 posts
I don't think marijuana could cause anemia.
But if you think that you have it (two symptoms isn't very convincing) you should talk to a doctor.
A few things that you can do in the meantime is have a professional massage (helps blood circulation), cold water baths, take more vitamin c, exercise, yoga, etc. I think there are also a number of herbs/plants like dandelion that can help strengthen your blood.
But anemia is a serious issue so you should probably see a doctor if you're really convinced you have it.

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts
No it does not, in fact that's just another thing marijuana actually helps with, Anemia is where your blood has lower than normal amount of Red blood cells.
If you have anemia, your body doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood. As a result, you may feel tired and have other symptoms. Severe or long-lasting anemia can damage the heart, brain, and other organs of the body. Very severe anemia may even cause death. And there is no way marijuana can kill of red blood cells.

Here is some info on how Medical Marijuana can help forms of anemia Medical Marijuana and Sickle Cell Anemia

LovingTree

LovingTree

Don't like, +REP!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,826 posts

No it does not, in fact that's just another thing marijuana actually helps with, Anemia is where your blood has lower than normal amount of Red blood cells.
If you have anemia, your body doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood. As a result, you may feel tired and have other symptoms. Severe or long-lasting anemia can damage the heart, brain, and other organs of the body. Very severe anemia may even cause death. And there is no way marijuana can kill of red blood cells.

Here is some info on how Medical Marijuana can help forms of anemia Medical Marijuana and Sickle Cell Anemia

Yeah, I did a little networking and I can come the same conclusion, you're correct. However, I feel like I do have some appetite issues, maybe that is contributing to my weight loss?

Mean Creek Grower

Mean Creek Grower

Another Grower For Life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,245 posts
I'm sleeping/ being lazy but not losing any weight ಠ_ಠ

Skunky Monkey

Skunky Monkey

Guru Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 13,337 posts

Yeah, I did a little networking and I can come the same conclusion, you're correct. However, I feel like I do have some appetite issues, maybe that is contributing to my weight loss?

Trust me man it's nothing to do with Marijuana, look deeper stress maybe, and again :D weight loss is just another thing Marijuana greatly helps. Sometimes we just go through phases in our lives nothing causes it, like at the moment i'm really under weight it's because i'm 21 and currently my metabolism is really fast.

Laith

Laith

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,621 posts
Depression / Anxiety cause weight gain in most people. Weed probably has cured your anxiety and depression. Then that just means you're losing what the depression caused.

I used to be quite chubby, 6 ft tall but 260 pounds. Been smoking for a year, and i'm down to 200. It's really quite a mental thing.

Edited by Laith, 07 August 2011 - 01:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users