the cfl yield forum.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockerdaddy420, Aug 5, 2011.

1. There's a lot of variables beyond just CFL use. I think that's obvious from the responses in this thread.

Focusing on lighting alone, many variables effect the level of lumens that a plant gets. Things like proximity to the bulbs and training. I recently grew 4 lowryder 2 plants under a 400W hps. Due to a bunch of problems my yield was so low I'm expecting better yields under 312W of CFL. If you look around GC enough youll see examples of people getting big big yields out of small plants, but it takes effort.

2. My last grow I just harvested I used 202w of cfls and got about 3 oz.

3. ok systemvolver you dont count replacement watts you have to go by the actual watts on bulb it looks likeyou have a 125w buld like me with a second 23w you need maore than those two to break 300w sorry. bump.

4. I am hoping to get at least an ounce or more....time will tell

5. #26 Husky42, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011

why the fuck would he need to switch to another 10?

Just change out the bulbs to 2700k

4 cfls Sour Diesel. This plant will pull two ounces dry maybe, just need to get some SSU and Gravity on her and she will be good in about 3 weeks. Day 55 still a lot of time left.

She just started to swell the gravity will put a lot of weight on the buds as well.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...a-who-said-i-wasnt-prepared-grow-p1020504.jpg

6. I got 4 65w and 4 55w, both 2700k, in one fixture covering two plants. No particular strains, bagseeds. Both look like sativa/indica cross. They were clones and vegged for 30 days. I am almost 30 days into flowering and they look like they are already pushing over an ounce each. Shitty mg soil to boot. 2nd grow, definitely sold on cfls now. No a/c in here so hps is a no go. Digging the fluorescents, last grow I do with mg though...

7. I only switched 6 of them out due to funds... But i doubt it would have made much of a difference.

8. I just finished my first grow in June, 360Watts of CFL (6 40w 2700k + 4 30w 5000k), and Super Skunk from Nirvana.

After the drying process and a week or two of curing it weighed out to only 35grams, which was some what disappointing considering I flowered 6 plants. But the most disappointing thing was/is that the buds have no skunk smell or taste, only a slight spicy taste. But I used Miracle Grow soil from Home Depot and never fertilized. From soil to tip, they were about 2' 6" tall at harvest.

I'm now doing my 2nd grow with the same lights, but am now trying Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil and the Fox Farm nutrients, 1 less plant, and am going to scrog them so I can keep the lights closer and even. My hope is that the additional money I've invested will get me the skunky smell and taste I'm looking for, and possibly a better yield. I'm now growing 3 Kalashnikova, 1 Blue Widow, 1 Critical Jack, all feminized.

Wasn't too impressed with those seeds from Nirvana.

9. dipshitnobody try doing one plant under that light i bet your results in yield will increase along with the quality.

10. rockerdaddy420, I have a 48W & 28W, do you think if I picked up another 48w that it'd do for one or two plants until flowering?

11. #34 rockerdaddy420, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    yes SystemVolver. it should be fine for one plant. two small ones. with that much you will have around 10k lumens which can take it to about a foot and a half. try getting a mixed spectrum of of bulbs though 27k and 65k. i know wally world sales 55w 4000 lumen bulbs for $10.bump.

12. Rockerdaddy420, what do you think about my setup? Do you think with the amount of bulbs I have will give decent results for 2 plants?

13. Thanks a heap man.
    Also what nutes/ferts should I invest in for maximum results?

14. IgetsoFunky i couldn't view your grow. but by the sounds of it that should do. it would be best if you only do one plant and lst it under cfl i think that always brings the best results for any indoor grow regardless of light your using.bump.

15. Thanks to everyone who replied gave opinions and had questions of there own.bump.

16. get more light instead, itll stand you in better stead than expensive nutes......light intensity is PARAMOUNT

17. What's the largest (quality) CFL on the market?