the cfl yield forum.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockerdaddy420, Aug 5, 2011.

1. So Im starting this to see how many cfl users get decent yields. Im curious because i my self am using cfl's for the first time and im wondering what im going to possibly get. and yes i know it verys i just want to know what others have accomplished

2. I'm expecting about 2-3 ounces from a plant under cfls

3. How tall and wide are your plants, and at what stage are they right now? Just curious.

4. The only CFL grows I've done the plants got between 1 and 2 ft tall when finished, single cola plants in 3 gallon containers. I yielded between 1/4 to 3/4 oz per plant. They were grown from clones put straight to 12/12.

5. BTW I learned that 3 gallon was excessive for indoor plants put straight into flower. I would have been fine with one gallon and thats what I have my current indoor plants in.

6. Idk what I was thinking. I'll be happy with 1 ounce per plant. I have 208w of cfls and hopefully if I get .3G/w I'll get at least like an ounce per plant and I'll have 2-3 females guaranteed so 2-3 ounces overall from 8 cfls. Vegging for 1 month so far. Extensive lst.

7. #7 naturesforce, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    my first grow was with cfl. i got 33 dried grams including quite a bit of shitty popcorn. i had 340watt 2700k cfl on this one plant, no lst or training whatsoever.......it was a first grow though, i suppose i was still happy enough.........................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................
    but not so happy that i didnt convert to hps for my second and subsequent grows;)

8. check out the "grow journals" section for complete grow including yield someone is growing and blooming with 6500k cfls lol and it looks great

9. my last plant before i got t5's and LED was aerogarden base and 8 23 watt cfls. lowryder 2 strain plant was about 3.5 feet not including pot. yield was 2.25 ounces

I would say that last quarter were little crap buds

10. #10 rockerdaddy420, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    ok thanks well here are some picks of my setup for the guy who asked and others to enjoy the box is about 28''x18''x48'' plant if no lst is about two and a half feet not counting the pot so how much do you think i might yield and its 235w from 3 cfl's

Attached Files:

11. bump.

• Like Like x 1
  12. looking good rocker. very bushed out, did u top or LST it? I would expect an OZ+ from that. I'm currently on a micro gro w/ about 175w of CFLs, 3 plants in a similar sized space, expecting about an OZ final dry. i will update my thread within the next couple weeks with a confirmed total.

Since the CFLs dont penetrate too well, the key is to have lots of different sources spread out evenly over the canopy and sides of the plant as well. The more light you give em, the more dense and developed buds they will produce.

13. i topped and had to lst for height reasons.bump.

14. How in the world did you grow your lowryder 2 plant to 3.5 feet? They usually grow to about 18"...maybe up to 22 inches at best. How did you get it to over 3 feet tall indoors? And with CFL's at that!!

You sure it was a lowryder strain?

15. 368 watts cfls yielded 54 grams out of big bud critical. thanks to blutis!!!!

16. Used a total of 10 CFLs... Each at 45 watts. I hung 4 directly on top of the plant, and 3 sets of 2 spaced out around the sides of my plant forming a triangle... Major LST, Fimmed it once and 3 weeks into veg. Got a total yield of 3.7 ounces. Plants total heights was about 2 feet from pot.

17. Impressive, but that's a fuckloads of CFLs. Did switch to another 10 when flowering?

18. Hey man, I'm running two CFLs 380W between them, not to screw up your thread or anything but would I be able to obtain some advice from you guys?
    Currently growing a bunch of herbs and vegetables aswell as two seedlings.
    Peace.