Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

is it illegal to drive with a headlight out?

• Please log in to reply

Jackattack

Jackattack

• Registered Upgraded
  • 401 posts
I have no money for a new one but just got a warning from a cop for speeding (5mph over) and headlight out. I don't really have the money to replace it but can I get a ticket next time if I get pulled over for the headlight being out?

dealer#420

dealer#420

High Flyer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 664 posts
i believe so, it might depend on the state your in tho. just got to a junkyard and find a headlight.. even if its not for your car just tape it in for a tempariry replacement.. lol thats what i did

Guest_Pink Oddity_*

Guest_Pink Oddity_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Usually, yea.
Try not driving around in the dark
And a headlight only costs about 8$. Just buy one at a store and replace it yourself.
Easy.

Jackattack

Jackattack

• Registered Upgraded
  • 401 posts

Usually, yea.
Try not driving around in the dark
And a headlight only costs about 8$. Just buy one at a store and replace it yourself.
Easy.

Awesome I didn't know headlights were so cheap I can do around $20.00 dollars thats not bad.

dealer#420

dealer#420

High Flyer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 664 posts
hah i didnt realize that either, time to go buy me a new headlight 2 :smoking:

AimedForDeath

AimedForDeath

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,079 posts
Yeah, you can get a ticket for it. Like someone said previously, you can get headlamps real cheap, i think they are like $5 for regular ones (i dont know the name) and like $8-$10 for a halogen bulb.

-AFD

Ferris2000

Ferris2000

4-2-0 4ever

• Registered Upgraded
  • 775 posts
ya u can but dude..... a warning for 5mph over the limit??? wat kinda small town fuckin cops are u dealing with lol

Johnny

Johnny

To the Pain!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 748 posts
Usually they'l cite you, warn you, and say you have to have it fixed within a certain number of days. If you get pulled over again, you'll be ticketed.

token2004

token2004

Un-Registered User

• Old School
  • 2,639 posts
All you need is the bulb... you should be able to take the whole light peice out and then unscrew the bulb from theb ack and put the new one in.

Guest_laxphenom_*

Guest_laxphenom_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
the smart thing to do is get two. if one's out, the other one should be going soon too (assuming you put them in around the same time)

MACKDIESEL

MACKDIESEL

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

the smart thing to do is get two. if one's out, the other one should be going soon too (assuming you put them in around the same time)

it always seems to be the case. while youre out gettin headlamps, get your cars rear brake and or blinker lights too. theyre only 3 bucks and keep em in the glovebox. you dont want to be chiefin in the car and some hobag pulls you over because your cadles arent lit.

keepsmokin

keepsmokin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 314 posts
that does seem wierd being pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users