Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to use a glass pipe screen

• Please log in to reply

powderking

powderking

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey guys, i just bought a new glass pipe and bought a screen with it. it looks like a star with a point on one side. i tried both sides in the bowl but i still end up getting the goods in my mouth. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thx guys

guitarkidv1

guitarkidv1

skunk ftw

• Registered Upgraded
  • 450 posts

Posted Image

That was so irrelevant.

BurnAFewDown

BurnAFewDown

Shatter Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,614 posts

That was so irrelevant.

Ahahaha I thought it was hilarious xD op get a better screen is all I can think

xBrent

xBrent

Word.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 612 posts

Posted Image

Please stop posting stupid ass irrelevant pictures in every thread you see.

They are not funny.

I've never used a screen for my glass pipes, but maybe try hitting it a little less hard?

strong45side

strong45side

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
use a normal screen

Chamonix

Chamonix

• Registered Upgraded
  • 726 posts
Ehhh. Not a fan of stars. I prefer jacks for smaller pipes. I put glass jacks in my bubbler and spoon.

As for my bong I don't mind using stars. Just put the point side down and make a flat spot in the bowl. Depending on the size of the hole in the bottom of the bowl the star should work fine.

Since you are getting shit in your mouth I am assuming you use a smaller spoon. If I don't have a jack available (haven't been to the head shop for a couple weeks) I will either use a piece of bud busted to a size slightly large then the hole or a ball of weed rolled up (depending on the weed).

Yes that wastes a bit but I find I get less shit in my pipe that way.

edit:

Old hippie stoner trick. Go find a pebble off the street slightly larger than the hole inside your pipe. Free if you desperately need a screen or have only a tiny bit of bud left.

Edited by Chamonix, 03 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

Edrev

Edrev

Striving not to Strive

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
You gotta shape it man. Using screens is not as self-explanatory as it sounds. Take a screen and use the mouth part of your pipe to "shape" the screen. Glass pipes always have round edges, so press the screen against a round edge using your thumb and shape it as round as you can. When you put it in the pipe, if the screen has been shaped, then it will fit in the bowl like a glove, with no spaces on the edges :) especially if you have been using the pipe for a while, because then the resin will help hold the screen in place.

Now if you still get some weed in your mouth after that, then the only explanation is that your screen isn't fine or thin enough, but this is very unlikely. I have never bought pipe screens that weren't thin enough.
  • puffin'photog likes this

Chamonix

Chamonix

• Registered Upgraded
  • 726 posts

You gotta shape it man. Using screens is not as self-explanatory as it sounds. Take a screen and use the mouth part of your pipe to "shape" the screen. Glass pipes always have round edges, so press the screen against a round edge using your thumb and shape it as round as you can. When you put it in the pipe, if the screen has been shaped, then it will fit in the bowl like a glove, with no spaces on the edges :) especially if you have been using the pipe for a while, because then the resin will help hold the screen in place.

Now if you still get some weed in your mouth after that, then the only explanation is that your screen isn't fine or thin enough, but this is very unlikely. I have never bought pipe screens that weren't thin enough.

@ OP: Do this if you are using a metal screen. This is probably the easiest solution for you. Don't try this because you are using a glass screen.

purple3.0haze

purple3.0haze

BaKKed BeanZ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 655 posts
use a metal screen, thicker glass screen, or do what i do in a pinch and use a little rock, or just use a 'nug plug' you have options just use your ingenuity

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

BudnGraff

BudnGraff

• Registered Upgraded
  • 390 posts
try just taking smaller, softer, and more tender hits :P

Bouldorado

Bouldorado