How often do you check your grow? Automated systems?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Iron Eddie, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Going from cabinets to a room has me concerned about things going wrong when I'm at work or away for a day here and there. Losing a cabinet grow is no big deal but losing a room is another story.

I saw that some companies sell systems that will text you if you have something going wrong in your grow. I don't have any sensors or controllers so those I need to purchase regardless of the system I use.

Anyone use one of these systems?

2. Crickets???

3. I have never heard of a system that will text you if something goes wrong... pretty sick though

4. Do you have access to a computer at work? I was just watching the Office and Angela had a constant live stream of her cats on her computer. I don't see why you couldn't do something similar with your grow room.

5. i saw those texty thingamajiggers in a sunlight supply co wholesale catalog, shit was like 799.99, if it was cheaper thad be sick

6. hm. I use a wireless weather station for temps and humidity. it doesn't text me or anything but atleast I've got a little monitor thingy that'll tell me whatever I need to know at any given time :)

wont help you when you're at work but sure is nice to have at home

7. The one that texts you is for the iphone....or at late last time I looked into them,3K

I'll get a link when I get to my computer

8. I'm currently building an almost-automated system for growing, and when I'm finished, I'll be able to check on my plants from my phone. Its amazing what you can DIY with a little bit of electronics and computer programming knowledge.