Is Milk Really Bad For You?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SwichOne, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I have no problem drinking milk because I live in Ireland and we have some of the best, pure milk in the world.
    In America however Monsanto (the most evil of all evil companies), has all kinds of shit put in the milk under the disguise of 'hormones' and 'feed' for the cows.. but it's all found to be as harmful to humans as it is to the poor cows.
    Look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkDikRLQrw]THE CORPORATION [17/23] Unsettling Accounts - YouTube[/ame]

Makes me sick to know they knew well what was in the milk, but didn't bother to do anything about it.
    Ugh.

2. [quote name='"dariolovesdeb"']

If drinking milk irritates your sinus cavity, increases your risk of prostate cancer, helps promote Osteoporosis, and increases your chances of heart disease... how in the world can you say that milk is good for you?

This thread is called "Is Milk Really Bad For You?". Everything that I stated above is definitely not healthy for the human body, so it would only make sense that, yes, milk is really bad for you.

edit: Ohhh I see, it comes down to "you". Yeah I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to the topic at hand. So if you deviated away from this thread's topic, that's your problem.[/quote]

Dude relax..

3. [quote name='"dariolovesdeb"']

If drinking milk irritates your sinus cavity, increases your risk of prostate cancer, helps promote Osteoporosis, and increases your chances of heart disease... how in the world can you say that milk is good for you?

This thread is called "Is Milk Really Bad For You?". Everything that I stated above is definitely not healthy for the human body, so it would only make sense that, yes, milk is really bad for you.

edit: Ohhh I see, it comes down to "you". Yeah I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to the topic at hand. So if you deviated away from this thread's topic, that's your problem.[/quote]

Dude relax.. I

4. [quote name='"Twee"']I have no problem drinking milk because I live in Ireland and we have some of the best, pure milk in the world.
    In America however Monsanto (the most evil of all evil companies), has all kinds of shit put in the milk under the disguise of 'hormones' and 'feed' for the cows.. but it's all found to be as harmful to humans as it is to the poor cows.
    Look:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkDikRLQrw

Makes me sick to know they knew well what was in the milk, but didn't bother to do anything about it.
    Ugh.[/quote]

Canada's milk is good as well :s.

5. Cow milk is bad for us.

Nutrition experts say that goat milk products are much healthier for humans. In fact, the goat was the first domesticated animal and has been with man for 10,000 years.

Many babies, children and adults who can't tolerate cows milk have no problems with goat milk, cheese, yogurt and ice cream.

6. LoL there's a difference between relation and causation--it's like saying that people who eat whole grains in their diet have lower risks of heart disease, therefore you should buy my whole grain cereal...what this doesn't say is that people who lead healthier life-styles tend to eat whole grains...it's not just the whole grains that have an impact...same with milk...yes, milk can be 'linked' to all sorts of things; however, saying that milk was absolutely 100% proven to cause something is entirely different...and stating that milk is bad for you is just plain wrong...good points to those talking about puss, blood, hormones, antibiotics and such; however you could always buy organic milk from local dairy farmers...yeah it costs more but if you think about it we spend so much on what we look like from the outside, why shouldn't we spend some on what we are actually putting on the inside? milk has tons of vitamins, probiotics, protein and amino acids; however, it also has lots of fat and sugar...so buy non-fat organic milk...you'll still get the great benefits of milk without risking the downsides of all the crap that goes into regular milk...this whole conversation can be said the same about any animal product: meat, milk, eggs, etc...

7. Hmmmm, where did you source that informations OP?. I always thought milk was good for you. I know it contains Vitamin A and Calcium

8. this is the real deal!!!!

9. allthough cronics sig makes me want some:)

10. They make hemp milk, you can get it in the "healthy" section at kroger... there is actually a ton of alternatives to milk.

11. we drink almond milk

12. I will die shitting my pants and breaking my hip in the process before giving up.milk

13. yes

blood-pus-hormone-feces cocktails are definitely worth heart disease and bone degradation . good life choice

14. its worth it

15. Do everything in moderation and you'll have no issues.

16. So pretty much this thread embodies the american spirit in that if you're told its good once, it's good forever. You've been spoonfed knowledge that was incorrect, but now you can't change your ways befcause of...? That's like if everyone who smoked cigarettes during WW2 kept smoking forever because the military says they're good so they're good. Don't be a tool, use your brain.

17. Dude I used to pump like an UNREAL amount of milk, were talking like 5 litres a day here, and now I can't drink it at all or I will have a fire-y shit from hell.

18. The fat in milk is not an issue. Anyone who knows the lack of importance of cholesterol levels/numbers, and the importance of cholesterol particle size knows this. As far as the cows being treated with antibiotics and diets largely based off of corn...is a major concern. That is why I get my milk from a local dairy farm, I can see their dairy cows grazing in the green fields.

As far as digesting lactose and saying that its for calves and not humans...well, I have yet to see any conclusive evidence so far.

19. I normally drink a gallon of whole milk daily. Real milk is great for testosterone production, soy is terrible for testosterone it actually depletes it and creates estrogen in men.