How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. congratulations
    lol...mac

Attached Files:

3. back to support again . jaja. good night

5. Hi busterdog...Thanks for re-posting this, it's exactly what I need since I am a newbie. But I'm only able to see the 2nd & 3rd pics for some reason...all the rest show as broken links? I'll look back and see if I can find the original post in the thread, maybe I can see them there....

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please help, no clue if this a male or odd shaped bud?

7. looks very male HerbTerf,,,,,,,mac

8. Hey Mac...it's been about 4 weeks since I last posted pics of several of my plants trying to tell if they were male or female. (Thanks again for your input, btw!)
    I know you said they were female, just probably with some seeds...
    So now I just want to know if they still look ok? This is my second time growing, and the first ones were small, but grew and looked like I expected. Is it that these are just going to be MUCH bigger cause they're following more of a natural light/growth pattern outside, and what I'm seeing is the normal growth process, just different than my last grow? I've never seen so many of the little "sacs" for a lack of a better description...so I'm worried?!
    Also, any idea what the yellow dust is on the plant in pics 3 & 4? Again, doesn't look like trichomes I saw on the ones I grew in the past, or other pics I've seen doing some research...but my experience is limited. :huh: Can you take another look when/if you have a minute... offer any other insight you may have, and give a girl some peace of mind??
    (Pics 1 & 2, first plant); (Pics 3 & 4 second plant); (Pics 5 & 6 third plant) (Pic 7, fourth plant)
    Many thanks in advance!! --SadieLou

Attached Files:

9. Ps...I did try to look at the pics of the different sexes, etc. from skunkymonkey in post #984, but sadly, all but 2 of the pic links were broken on my view. :unsure: -Thanks again! --SadieLou

10. #990 mactheman, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    hi there on the Sixth picture at the top of plant you have got pollen nannas right at the top ..that yellow powder ya seeing is pollen ,,you got some mixed up plants there they look like the lights schedule as been fuked up badly ,,plants are miss shaped ..what you been doing to them ,i also think you probably left the plants to long and think you should havre harvested them sooner ,i think it may have been leaving them to long flowering caused the plants to make them pollen nanna sacs a the top of the plants ,,,,,,,mac

11. Grew first crop inside, but had big problem with fungus bugs. I use this for medical reasons, but too many kids in my own home (boyfriend's, not mine). So my folks are trying to grow for me. They're "old school", when I was a kid they just planted seeds in the ground, no special care needed...and their plants got 5-6 feet tall with little effort during the summer. So, it's hard to convince them to do LST, that light schedule is critical, etc. To avoid the fungus bugs this time, they moved the clones outside almost right away in late April cause we were having warm weather here earlier than usual this year...big pots, special organic soil that also supposedly controls the moisture level, but as for the light...nature's schedule. I get over to their place every week or two to check on things, but don't have the ability to be there more than that. I didn't think the plants were looking right, but wasn't sure what the hell was going on with them. I'm in northwest Oregon as far as climate....
    So, bottom line...is there any point in letting them continue to grow in your opinion? Sounds like we should scrap the idea of growing outside in natural light in the future, and fight the fungus bugs inside instead to keep them on a strict schedule? Tried the "couple inches of sand on top of the dirt" trick, but it wasn't stopping them...which is why the folks figured outside was safer since it was coming into summer. All this being said, thank you for taking the time to look at the pics and help us out...clearly we don't know what we're doing. Ugh. :'/

12. hey sadielou ,,yea let them try again at growing the bud ,,,no body gets it right all the time ...next time they/you should have learnt a little bit more about growing cannabis ,it not rocket science ,,,the more times you grow the more you learn ,,,,so carry on ,,,you got a bit of bud this time ,next time i am sure you'll get lots a bud ,,,plus theres a lot of good people here who will try and help you through the grow ....dont be shy just ask away ,,,,,,,,,,,,mac

13. Will do. Thanks for taking the time to look at it all for me, and for the encouragement Mac. I have definitely noticed there's a lot of good people on here. I'm sure we'll talk again sometime...we've got lots of grows to go, and lots to learn. Until then.....
    Thanks again! :')
    - SadieLou

14. any time you or your folks need any help just PM me i'll answer the same day ,be glad to try and help.....mac

15. That's really cool Mac, thanks! -SadieLou

16. This natural way is to start a regular exercise routine. Byking SizeMale Enhancement doing regular exercises, our worries and anxieties may not disappear but it is very helpful in clearing our mind. With the help of clear mind we are able to solve our problems and challenges more effectively and are able to make our life healthier and more active sexually.Testosterone hormone in male is responsible for high sex drive. The level of the hormone testosterone is increased in younger age but as the person grows older his level of testosterone hormone decreases gradually.
    http://www.supplements4help.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

17. Hello everyone..I've got a question about a female plant that I've treated with colloidal silver. I hope this is the right place to ask lol. The plant has now grown many male sacs and they are getting bigger. My question is now that they have formed, is it still necessary to keep the plant on 12/12, or can I put it on 24/0?

18. i should think your best to keep it in flower on 12/12/......mac

19. What happens when you have healthy plants, all females then they turn male or hermit. There were no light leaks broken stems and gens are good. What causes that to happen?
    Hermie**

20. #1000 mactheman, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    bad breeding of the seeds if they were from a seed breeder ,,. if grown out doors a hermie plant pollinating the plant ,,but all plants can turn hermie ,,,mac
    if they were from a seed bank.breeder you could write and tell them what as happened etc ,,you may or may not get some free seed back from them if they have had hermie trouble with that strain and others have complained ,,,