How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I'm bringing up a bunch of seeds. I want to change to 12/12 in order to sex them and then put the females back into veg. My question is, how big do I have to let them grow before I can put them into flower to sex them?

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

it'll take just as long under 12/12 as it will just letting them preflower naturally

and you won't stress them out by switching back and forth

they will also stretch from the lack of daylight hours[​IMG]

3. Is this a male? Switch to flower Day 6. Thank for help.

Attached Files:

4. These are male flowers beginning

Attached Files:

5. Thanks. You were right just shoots. Its def... female.

Attached Files:

6. O fuck yeah it is.

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428209654.618009.jpg does this look like the start of a cheeky male? Sorry new at this haha

Pew pew

8. What was the clue? How did you know, I don't see it.

9. Where the new stem is sprouting between the leaf stem "armpit" if u will. See the little ball.

10. Thats the balls of a male my son

Attached Files:

11. Howdy! So can anyone help me? Wondering what the strain is of these? 

IMG_7388.JPG IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7390.jpg IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg IMG_7395.jpg

I know its way too early to determine sex, but any advice would be greatly appreciated! I really hope they produce bud and this isn't ruderalis / hemp / bhang?

12. Lahoregrower ,,where did you get the seed from? did it come from a friend ? did you collect it ? could be any thing if you dont know ,,,mac

13. Sup mactheman!? In answer to your question, I never got the seed. Theres an area a few hundred miles away from me where the weed grows wild, entire fields are populated! So I grabbed a few small ones and brought them. So yeahh... its could be anything... any ideas?

14. -------------------
    unless you know that the field where the cannabis was growing was active cannabis and you know it was for smoking ,i dont really know unlless you can smell the plant ,,but hemp as a smell ,,,dont you know if the field was cannabis or hemp?...mac

15. Again, don't know too much about it. But heres some pics of the field where they were growing wild:

IMG_7080.JPG IMG_7081.JPG IMG_7082.jpg IMG_7097.JPG

please let me have your thoughts with the available evidence

16. mactheman let me know about the pics

17. ---------------
    again just looking at them pictures i just cant tell ..theres building behind the patch in one picture ,the males are flowering ,,,was the smell of cannabis strong there should have been a very strong smell ,,hemp smells biut not as much as the cannabis which we smoke ,,,yo have not mentioned the smell yet so it could be hemp ,,,i done think you'll know till it flowers and you can try a taste,,mac

18. #940 JosySmith, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    This is my first grow, so before I pull him I'd like some other opinions.  This is a boy, correct?

Attached Files: