How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Whats up yall, im to lazy to do the reading but was wonderin. I had a female plant an of course i took it to harvest, from some of the buds i got seeds. My question is r the seeds female like the plant or is it a 50/50 chance?

In the past 1-3 years ive been studying i havent read anything about this.

2. You can study for 3 years but you're too lazy to read one post?

3. Yes sir, most of that was trial an error between my plants, aquariums, an woodworking this is just 3 of the many hobbies i have. But ah if u wanna shoot me a link to my answer, where its in the first or second paragraph without all the other personal stuff the person or people went through that would be much apreciated? LMAO ; )

4. if there were no males present then most likely it will be self pollinated and feminized. I'm not sure what the chances of a hermie are though. I have a few seeds from a bubba kush female that I'm hoping are feminized.

5. Thanks! Its good to know cuz i got quite a few seeds from her an that was a good plant strain Wonder Woman.
    Darn i would love some of those seeds! I have to order some soon i also wanna get some Sour Diesel with a couple other
    strains.

6. I am a first time grower & this is my first plant , can anyone tell me what it's sex ? & how much time do i need to get flower form them ?
    It is winter it my country & temperature goes to 24 C in day & drops to 13 C in night & this plant remains outside .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. --------------------yep like the other guy stated if their were no males around ,you may be ok with the few seed you got being female . if your plant just had a couple flowers on it at nearly the end of flowering which some strains does happen. it just wanted to be pollinated to save its self to carry on it genes it will throw up like i said a few flowers to pollinate it self,,,so luck with them seeds ..mac.

8. Ima newbie myself but it looks like a female.

9. hi partho222..it does look like a female and its a Sativa ;landrace plant by the look of it if it goes into flower about now it;;l take at least 11-13 weeks to finish flowering,,,,,,,,,what country you in and what strain is it ,,,but you'll have to be patient and wait,,,,,mac

10. thanks both of you for reply

@mactheman im from BD . i have no idea about it's strain , i found some seeds from my supply & put it on soil .

feeling happy for having a female  :yay:

11. #911 Room2Grow, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

Noticed some growth at my nodes...

3 weeks from breaking soil, approx 3" in height.

Are these preflowers or just growth for new branches?

Edit: Stipules?

12. just normal growth pattern Room2grow..its much to early for pre-flowers ...mac

13. Thanks buddy. I was stoned and got ahead of myself. :)

14. Gotta be joking!!!!!!!!
    I'm just curious as to what they are because I wanna check my plants over in a few days. My fucking street had a power cut and plants went down to freezing feeder went hay wire so just wanna be on the look out just in case
    What are the first signs of hermies!?!?!
    I have some big plants don't wanna risk losing them all if one starts to turn.

15. Anyone there?

16. =============
    just look were the leaf joins the stem or if your plants are flowering check out in between the buds /calyxs...if you got seeds from a good seed breeder you should be ok...if the plants a stable strain it'll fine,,,it takes quite a shock for a plant to go hermie,,mac

17. Yeh that's what I ment the lights were out for 2 days due to a power cut on the street so that's why I wanna keep checking to see they ok. Cheers pal

18. Need to update those original pics, most are missing.

19. I'll put a few up now pal been little busy lol

20. Money maker update

Attached Files: